• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

List of gun stores closing for the rally .

I e been a member there for over a year and haven't gotten any emails I have to look into that.

This was the only email hsc admin's ever sent that my email provider routed to spam on me. I'm guessing it was THE EXCESSIVE CAPS. Definitely check your filters.

Been to 4S a number of times and not once was it a great experience. In the end though who gives a crap. He has a business to run and it is none of anyone's else's opinion what he should do or not do.

Stop acting like .gov and dictating terms to people. That is what this garbage MA gov does. Be better than that.

They should all post notices up, change their voicemail, and update their facebooks. They should also offer a 5% discount or something up to X price if proof of attendance (IE a selfie) is shown at checkout later this week. This is really for their own good too. Lets assume the 2500 number is right. Just yesterday these guys sold well over $1M in "assault rifles."

Mike

5%???

Are you crazy?

Mass gun shops just loss hundreds of thousands of dollars of future sales and now have THOUSANDs of dollars of inventory that they bought and cannot sell in Mass.( or to other states). That is a Hugh financial loss!!!

Their long term chances to be in business with the ban of AR's and Aks doesn't look good.

So you think in this climate where there business and very financial survival is in question, they should give you a 5% discount?

For THEIR OWN GOOD? More like your own!

Your loosing your own gun rights and you still want to profit from it!

You are unbelievable!

Last edited:
With regards to FS, my understanding is that they are sending employees to the rally and running the shop with a skeleton crew. But I read that here, I don't know anyone from FS.

They are a business and a business needs to keep their normal operating hours in order to pay the bills. I'm not a FS fan boy, I've bought a few guns there, and ammo, there because their prices are good. I haven't had a bad experience their other than wait times, and I avoid crazy - take a number- days like the plague.

But expecting them to close for the rally tomorrow doesn't make much business sense. Given the fact that he can no longer sell black rifles is really going to effect their revenue going forward. Give them a break for christ sakes.

I haven't received any info on the rally from the Andover Sportsman's Club, which is the club that I belong to. I sent a note to the club's president expressing my concern. JFC, you would think they would be all over this.

But expecting them to close for the rally tomorrow doesn't make much business sense. Given the fact that he can no longer sell black rifles is really going to effect their revenue going forward. Give them a break for christ sakes.

especially considering that Saturdays are their busiest (read most profitable) day.

For all those people tell Carl to close his shop. Shut the f up. You don't know what it takes to run a business, specially in this state. He has it worse then most business owner s he sells scary guns. If you guys think it suck to be gun owner in Ma. Try being a business owner. Property tax differ then residential, taxes regulation, self ignorant employees and customers. shit commercial plates cost you more to go through the tunnel. Give the guy s f breach he works hard provide a good service at great price , provides jobs for his employees and give to 2 a causes and others. Carl don't let ignorant people get you down
You cook him Breakfast too?

All those people who feel Carl should close his shop are his customer base and their purchases provide his livelihood. He does need to consider their opinions if he wants to attract/retain their business.

I have known Carl for many years and probably have a greater connection to him than most reading this so I am not anti-Carl nor do I feel I am bashing 4S when I say they should close tomorrow and Carl himself should attend the Statehouse rally (disclaimer: I do not know if Carl is or isn't attending).

The firearms community has enabled Carl to have a lucrative business. He is one of the biggest FFLs in this state. It would be a fine show of solidarity for our community if Carl were to step up in this way.

Not only should Carl close and attend the rally but Carl's position as one of the Premier FFLs in the state allows him the unique ability to promote the Rally through his e-mail blasts, tweets, website hits and yes, a sign on his door tomorrow stating, "Closed for Freedom".

+1

Freedom is allowing others to act within reason and in non violent manner, to be free to do what and when they want, as long as they aren't messing with you. If Carl at 4S decides to be open tomorrow,
Fine with me...he selling guns FFS.

I'm amazed at the gawl of some of the people here. You sometimes customers, actually believe you should have a say, or even worse the ability to dictate retail store policy to a firearms store, because maybe you bought something there a time or two! You believe that you should be able to inflict your will on firearms retailers. Damn! You're every bit as bad as Healy.

I'm amazed at the gawl of some of the people here. You sometimes customers, actually believe you should have a say, or even worse the ability to dictate retail store policy to a firearms store, because maybe you bought something there a time or two! You believe that you should be able to inflict your will on firearms retailers. Damn! You're every bit as bad as Healy.
We are consumers calling on people of like mind to act in unison to oppose the AGs edict. We all share similar interests here and it is entirely reasonable to ask NAY DEMAND gun shops join us in this protest.

Supporting those gun shops however is entirely appropriate. As I offered Mass Firearms assisting in their call list in the AM there are other ways we can work together to ensure maximum turnout.

If you care about gun right you DAMN WELL BETTER BE THERE!!

If a store pisses you off, don't give them money. If a certain firearm training school pisses you off, send them RICHARD pics. That shop is worse than the rat.

We are consumers calling on people of like mind to act in unison to oppose the AGs edict. We all share similar interests here and it is entirely reasonable to ask NAY DEMAND gun shops join us in this protest.

Supporting those gun shops however is entirely appropriate. As I offered Mass Firearms assisting in their call list in the AM there are other ways we can work together to ensure maximum turnout.

If you care about gun right you DAMN WELL BETTER BE THERE!!

Sonny, I've been doing gun rights rallies on the state house steps since 1991, so I surely won't be there because of you ordering me to be there. I can see that you have a very high opinion of your self professed authority, but, I doubt that anyone will be there because you told them that they DAMN WELL BETTER BE THERE. Calm down and get a grip on reality. Dictating won't get you anywhere.

Do you really think the clueless gun owner who show up at Four Seasons tomorrow who saw an "at the rally" sign would divert to Boston instead of going home pissed off vowing never to return?

^this

all these business criticisms in this thread are pure armchair commando crap. businesses have to serve their clientele and employees. they pay rent. they have overhead. who cares if half a dozen gunshop owners aren't present at the rally. they're selling guns for God's sake; I'd consider that a pro-2A service rendered. there are plenty of us to show up and i'm sure many of the gunshop owners are grateful for our presence at the state house.

i understand many of us are disappointed, yet scapegoating a firearms retailer will not restore any 2A rights so it's fruitless.

i understand many of us are disappointed, yet scapegoating a firearms retailer will not restore any 2A rights so it's fruitless.

Agreed. Now is NOT the time for infighting. Also, I should say, while I think closing sends a stronger message and might help wake up people that would rather be out shopping for guns than defending their right to have them, there is still value in having people behind the "front lines" interacting with the public and talking to people that didn't make it to the rally. Closing/not closing is not black and white positive/negative.

Only semi related but I read on Facebook that Dark Horse in South Hadley is closing....for good. Out of business already.

first casualty of heals new bullshit law. what a damn shame. Why should she put businesses out of business. She should suffer as much as we are and what is to cone from all this. [sad]

Only semi related but I read on Facebook that Dark Horse in South Hadley is closing....for good. Out of business already.

Might be the first but unfortunately it won't be the last, these guys likely just lost 25%+ of their business. If they were operating on a "reasonable" income prior to this it won't even be worth their time after this.

If a store pisses you off, don't give them money. If a certain firearm training school pisses you off, send them RICHARD pics. That shop is worse than the rat.
An FYI on MFS. If anything, I think they've learned a lesson in this case. Was there Friday when a reporter and photographer showed up. MFS politely sent them packing with no comment.

For all those people tell Carl to close his shop. Shut the f up. You don't know what it takes to run a business, specially in this state. He has it worse then most business owner s he sells scary guns. If you guys think it suck to be gun owner in Ma. Try being a business owner. Property tax differ then residential, taxes regulation, self ignorant employees and customers. shit commercial plates cost you more to go through the tunnel. Give the guy s f breach he works hard provide a good service at great price , provides jobs for his employees and give to 2 a causes and others. Carl don't let ignorant people get you down

Totally AGREE !!! I am sure Carl or some of his staff are attending and he is doing a service by staying open to help those who want to exercise their 2nd A rights to purchase whats left available in MA......

We all know handgun ban is coming next. She will rule it as she sees fit. Time to start purchasing more than ever.

Personally I hope my local store stays open today. Due to my work schedule I can't make it down there during their weekday hours and with a new baby at home I can't make it into the rally. I would like to protest by purchasing some gun related items and just maybe an accessory or some ammo for my AR.

Totally AGREE !!! I am sure Carl or some of his staff are attending and he is doing a service by staying open to help those who want to exercise their 2nd A rights to purchase whats left available in MA......

Agree with you and Beach. These guys are literally under siege in a business that, at least on the new guns side, has very slender margins. Used guns obviously have higher margins but the volume is much lower and that side of the business is incredibly unpredictable. The state has done a good job of making it nearly impossible to stay in business as a MA-licensed dealer. Do you really want the last few to shut their doors, too?

Sonny, I've been doing gun rights rallies on the state house steps since 1991, so I surely won't be there because of you ordering me to be there. I can see that you have a very high opinion of your self professed authority, but, I doubt that anyone will be there because you told them that they DAMN WELL BETTER BE THERE. Calm down and get a grip on reality. Dictating won't get you anywhere.

Right on M60...Always o few in the crowd. Nice call out.

The hate and butthurt in this thread are just the kind of infighting that the antis love to see. We rip ourselves apart from the inside and they dance.

For me, I support Carl's decision, MFS's decision, and the decisions of the rest of the business owners have have to put food on their families tables.

For MFS, the interview thing was stupid and I hope they learned something from it. That said, I can't see 120 new license holders as anything but a good thing for our long-term efforts. This will be a long battle and the more people we have on our side going forward, the better off we'll be.

Back
Top Bottom