List all Swap Nets..

I just found out about this one. It's a Rhode Island Swap Net...so if you're close to RI, then this might be worth Checking out... I missed it this Saturday Morning...and I just found out about it.

http://www.qsl.net/riswapnet/

They run a net every Saturday morning at 9:00 am and anybody can check in.

Frequency: 146.700, no PL tone needed.

Mt Tom ARA has one on Wednesdays at around 8PM, 146.94 pl 127.3. I should really check in and see if anyone there is interested in my 6m rig...

I might Lucas. What range you need? Power?

I am building a balanced tuner ala W4MMQ I am planning on using two synchronized roller inductors and a 15-500 pF vacuum variable cap. I can use any inductance value between 18 and say 28 microhenries. As far as power goes, I am going to be running a kilowatt. So I am looking at edge wound if possible. I have a line on some nice edge wound @ 18uH with a 5A rating but they are big $. I wish it was August so I could flea at Boxboro..... So if you have anything in your junkbox I might be interested. Thanks.

I am building a balanced tuner ala W4MMQ I am planning on using two synchronized roller inductors and a 15-500 pF vacuum variable cap. I can use any inductance value between 18 and say 28 microhenries. As far as power goes, I am going to be running a kilowatt. So I am looking at edge wound if possible. I have a line on some nice edge wound @ 18uH with a 5A rating but they are big $. I wish it was August so I could flea at Boxboro..... So if you have anything in your junkbox I might be interested. Thanks.
I checked and I do not have any spares. I bought a 3 roller inductors a few years ago that would work but I only have 1 now and it is sitting in my amp. I checked for a vacuum cap also but I have nothing with that wide of a range. Good luck they are big $ if you need them to go that low. Why not make a few coils and plate them and use a band switch? That might save you some money. I needed to do that for the tank circuit in my amp so I could tune 160.

I checked and I do not have any spares. I bought a 3 roller inductors a few years ago that would work but I only have 1 now and it is sitting in my amp. I checked for a vacuum cap also but I have nothing with that wide of a range. Good luck they are big $ if you need them to go that low. Why not make a few coils and plate them and use a band switch? That might save you some money. I needed to do that for the tank circuit in my amp so I could tune 160.

Thanks Eric,

Actually I ordered a couple of nice edge wound 18 uH@10A types and a VV 5-500@5KV today. The whole mess cost me less than $450. I figure that by the time I am done, I will be into it for about $650 but I will have exactly what I wanted and I have the fun of making it myself. For a long time I was looking at the Palstar BT1500A but I did not like the type of rollers they had in it or the size of the thing. So this gives me a chance to learn something and make it myself. I could have put in an air variable cap but I wanted to see what the vacuum cap was all about. and John over at Maxgain gave me a good deal on it. I still have a few odds and ends to pick up, I was planning on building it into a thick plastic case (ABS) to minimize the effects of stray capacitance on the "Q" and simplify the isolation of the components. With any luck, I will have most of the parts necessary by the end of the month, then its QRO![smile]

Back
Top Bottom