• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Liquor more essential than guns?

Cheap vodka in those plastic bottles are FANTASTIC prepper items. Tons of uses:
-disinfectant
-wound care
-cooking
-trade/barter
-firestarter
-morale booster

Cheap vodka in those plastic bottles are FANTASTIC prepper items. Tons of uses:
-disinfectant
-wound care
-cooking
-trade/barter
-firestarter
-morale booster

if you ever have to set a broken leg and dont have any painkillers 3 slugs of cheap vodka will help, be sure to save some for the patient though

Liquor is becoming a scarce commodity in PA, the state closed all the state run liquor stores a couple of days ago.

Anyone in their right mind always keeps several bottles of straight grain alcohol and their other favorite spirits well stocked. Any run I make to town includes a stop at the liquor store.

Nips are too small for barter.....half pints minimum.

I'm trying to imagine how many functioning alcoholics are out there that would friggin go off the deep end and do Chr...st knows what if there was no liquor. The person who mentioned taxes was spot on but I'm sure the people who decided booze stores were essential considered the mayhem aspect as well.

The french dont seem to care about either.....

I'd bet that most in France have a well stocked wine rack to get them through, others will just buy on the black market.

There's nothing that accelerates the formation of a thriving black market than a government ban.

This area where I live was "dry" up until a few years ago, but I never saw anyone who didn't have a good supply of beer, wine, hard liquor or moonshine. The county lost untold huge amounts of money in tax revenue along with other business losses when people had to travel 50-60 miles round trip to buy alcohol. People coming from Ohio to fish and boat would bring stuff by the vehicle load with them......everyone got what they needed.

Giving up one or the other would be a very difficult choice for me.
Dare I say, I might actually choose to keep the booze. o_O

Alcohol withdrawal symptoms can put people in the hospital. Hospitals are already overwhelmed I'm sure. I think the real problem is all the "essential" places that are still open.

The Gov orders everyone to stay at home for weeks. Don't go out. Don't do nothing. You shut down the booze supply and people are going to start getting super crazy and do stupid sh!t.

I've seen this a lot so I forget where I've replied, but theres a good medical reason for this:

Alcohol addiction is one of the few addictions that the withdrawal can literally kill you. At a time where we need our hospital and ICU beds for serious corona patients cutting alcie's off cold turkey and filling up those beds with people detox'ing and adding to an already overloaded healthcare system is just not wise.

Its got nothing to do with tax revenue and everything to do with hospital load.

Back
Top Bottom