• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

I got an email last night from the NRA that said Spilka may just be the deciding vote on this bullshit.

If that's honestly true, we're all ****ed sideways so hard. [sad]

If true, we need to hammer her office and let her know to stick with Senate version. House version creates a legal purgatory which will cost the state much $$$.

I got an email last night from the NRA that said Spilka may just be the deciding vote on this bullshit.

If that's honestly true, we're all ****ed sideways so hard. [sad]

I got the same email with Rep. Kulik's name instead of Spilka's. it's an NRA form email to people in the rep or senaotor's district. They could all be the deciding vote technically.

I called again this morning anyway.

I got the same email with Rep. Kulik's name instead of Spilka's. it's an NRA form email to people in the rep or senaotor's district. They could all be the deciding vote technically.

I called again this morning anyway.
WE are the deciding vote!... Keep up the pressure...increase it!.. WE elect THEM.. not the other way around.

Intensify! Keep it up!! We can do this!!

Call your Rep and have them contact Sanchez to support Senate wording and get this thing done.

Calls and emails to local reps yesterday had a positive effect. A couple did just the above.

I say blast the committee members with emails, calls, twitter and facebook.
Hit your reps again and DeLeos office.

Deleo nand Sanchez are dug in on the Linskey House crap.

These are the points I'm making when I call in.

Good man , and this is not pointed at you,

butthe point is this state is the most extreme out of line with the whole rest of the country when it comes to free mens enumerated rights.

And prevent disabled shooters from modifying their firearms to suit their needs.

You give EOPS the power to set the rules on maintenance and modification and soon you'll not be allowed to replace your MA trigger... just sayin.

(...and don't give me any grief about giving them any ideas.... whatever it is it's already drawn up, and ready to drop about 20 minutes after Charlie signs the budget)

Good man , and this is not pointed at you,

butthe point is this state is the most extreme out of line with the whole rest of the country when it comes to free mens enumerated rights.

Gotta fight derp with derp. The politicians give little f's about "your" right because they stereo type "us" (NESer's for example) as straight white men. I'm sure that if you called in stating you were a minority, trans, with a handicap (and checked the other boxes) they would listen to you differently.

Serious question though, would this language be considered discrimination under the Americans with Disabilites Act? Consider you need a LTC to own a handgun, would the process of obtaining the LTC and holding it constitute as "benifits of activity"?
Sec. 12132. Discrimination

Subject to the provisions of this subchapter, no qualified individual with a disability shall, by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of services, programs, or activities of a public entity, or be subjected to discrimination by any such entity.

Just spoke with all the Senators aids on the Budget Conference Committee and all of them stated the Senator was opposing the Linsky language. For what it is worth. Just wanted to pass it along.

Given that, I wonder if our contact rhetoric should turn more blatently toward support of the Senate?

The enemy of my enemy, while not my friend, gets me no Linsky Language.
Sounds like a good idea to me. Thanking the senate for standing strong and protecting the second amendment may puff them up a bit.

I thought I heard on the radio this afternoon that Faker is out of town until next Monday. Does that mean this thing could drag out until then without being signed? I know it’s the 21st Century and as such there’s electronic signatures and all, but could the Gov’s absence be an excuse to continue this buzzard orgy of a process?]ice

i just called his office before seeing this post. all they would say he IS NOT in the state house. his office is also getting plenty of calls re: this.

boiled down, i told them he needs to show the leadership we voted him to do.[rofl] also reminded the aide if he loses even half the votes of gun-owners in mass, he's 1 and done.

they are passing along our concerns FWIW

We have to make them (Senators) feel special that their wording is much better than House wording. If Spilka is seen as protecting 2A rights...this will put off her base.

Gotta fight derp with derp. The politicians give little f's about "your" right because they stereo type "us" (NESer's for example) as straight white men. I'm sure that if you called in stating you were a minority, trans, with a handicap (and checked the other boxes) they would listen to you differently.

Serious question though, would this language be considered discrimination under the Americans with Disabilites Act? Consider you need a LTC to own a handgun, would the process of obtaining the LTC and holding it constitute as "benifits of activity"?

i have no idea, and I don’t subscribe to sex preference as a disability or special class. But I’ll ride the benefit train if you can crack into a loophole.

saw an internal email this morning as to the hiring practices of the dnc ,irt hiring new I.T. People.

it states “ no cisgender straight white males to be hired.”

Redundant, racist, sexist, deplorable.

but that’s what the democrat party has become.
hijacked by total nitwits.

State House News this morning.

NO MOVEMENT ON STALLED MINI BUDGET TALKS

Sanchez denied that the House was refusing to budge off its position, as some in the Senate have lamented privately.

He also said he was determined to get the bill finished "in its entirety," suggesting a unwillingness to separate spending in the bill needed to close out fiscal 2017 and unrelated policy measures, such as restrictions on the ownership of bump stocks for guns.

Spilka seemed to suggest that the House and Senate have reached accord on spending necessary to pay bills from the fiscal year that ended on June 30, but remain at an impasse over items the Senate considers to be related to current state budget.

"Right now, the legislature's job is to finalize and close out the books for FY17. We have resolved all FY17 issues. There is no dispute on that," Spilka said. "We are ready to close the books now. I don't understand the House's reluctance to separate the remaining issues for FY18. The House knows we are ready to work on all of the remaining FY18 issues. The Commonwealth's fiscal health depends upon our getting our job done now."

It's pretty apparent what's going on.

i just called his office before seeing this post. all they would say he IS NOT in the state house. his office is also getting plenty of calls re: this.
boiled down, i told them he needs to show the leadership we voted him to do.[rofl] also reminded the aide if he loses even half the votes of gun-owners in mass, he's 1 and done.
they are passing along our concerns FWIW

Yes, his wife and him are in palm springs until Monday. He left on the 1st. The deadline for the budget aspect passed, so the rush is over. (Like a CC company, if you are 1 day late or 28 days late, its the same late fee).

As far as one and done, Baker is on WAAF morning show once a month. I have considered calling and asking:
Governor Baker, The last politician that was highly supported by firearms owners in MA was Scott Brown, and when he changed his position and was then for supporting a federal AWB; It enraged the sportsmen of Massachusetts and they refused to vote for him again. That resulted in the out of no-where win for Senator Warren. What message would you like to send to the many firearm owners in Mass that feel you have turned your back on them with your recent positions on the Healy interpretation and the bump stock bans?

Or something similar.

Yes, his wife and him are in palm springs until Monday. He left on the 1st. The deadline for the budget aspect passed, so the rush is over. (Like a CC company, if you are 1 day late or 28 days late, its the same late fee).

As far as one and done, Baker is on WAAF morning show once a month. I have considered calling and asking:
Governor Baker, The last politician that was highly supported by firearms owners in MA was Scott Brown, and when he changed his position and was then for supporting a federal AWB; It enraged the sportsmen of Massachusetts and they refused to vote for him again. That resulted in the out of no-where win for Senator Warren. What message would you like to send to the many firearm owners in Mass that feel you have turned your back on them with your recent positions on the Healy interpretation and the bump stock bans?

Or something similar.

Brown lost by 229,228 votes. When he was campaigning for NH Senate he came into our office, I met him & Gail. My boss told him I was a 'gun guy' and Brown acknowledged backing 2A. I told him the reason he lost Mass was his support of an assault weapons bill and his lack of support for National concealed carry. "And that Scott, is why 300,000 Massachusetts gun owners stayed home and the Indian won"

he wasn't pleased, to say the least. I asked my boss, who's a huge Republican supporter, if he thought he had a chance against Shaheen..."not a prayer" was the reply.

A buddy mentioned something about a letter from Police chiefs submitted condemning the Linsky amendment. Anyone see this letter?

I think Mr. Kulik from Franklin needs to hear from more voices. Call as a constituent to get thru.
I think the Sanchez list is BS. He's resistant to calls to from Reps to remove the Linsky balogney and the budget ammendment.

Spread the Goal message on Sanchez and Deleo on Twitter if your on it.

[email][email protected]
[/EMAIL][h=4]
State House[/h]Phone:
617-722-2380

A buddy mentioned something about a letter from Police chiefs submitted condemning the Linsky amendment. Anyone see this letter?

I think Mr. Kulik from Franklin needs to hear from more voices. Call as a constituent to get thru.
I think the Sanchez list is BS. He's resistant to calls to from Reps to remove the Linsky balogney and the budget ammendment.

Spread the Goal message on Sanchez and Deleo on Twitter if your on it.

[email][email protected]
[/EMAIL][h=4]
State House[/h]Phone:
617-722-2380

Done longtime ago

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to call on this issue. I called all six members of the committee Tuesday, and made sure to speak with an aide at each office instead of leaving messages. I was asked if I was against the Linsky language, which of course I am. However, I stressed how the bump-stock issue should not be addressed with an amendment, as it should have gone through an open hearing process. I stressed that the amendments should be dropped from the budget, and brought forward as a separate bill. I did say that Senator Tarr's language was the more appropriate version, as it actually addresses these devices with responsible language that is not arbitrary or open to interpretation.

Today I called Governor Baker's office and spoke with an aide and asked the following:

If the Governor supported the Second Amendment.
If the Governor believed that our citizens had a right to participate in an open hearing process before legislation is passed.
If the Governor was familiar with the Linksy language which discriminates against women, youth, and the handicapped who require that their firearms be modified to participate in shooting sports or for personal protection.
If the Governor was willing to sign the budget with the Linsky amendment, making these law-abiding citizens felons punishable by 3-20 years in prison.
I asked that the Governor pressure the committee to drop the amendments from the budget, to support Tarr's language as it's own bill, and under no circumstances sign the Linksy language into law.

I am also attempting to contact Rep. Colleen Gary and Senator Eileen Donahue. I'll keep calling until I can speak with someone.

Keep applying pressure on all six committee members, the Governor, and your representatives. My wife has been trying to contact the representatives on the committee, and their receptionists have told her they are being buried in phone calls. It will have an effect.

Statehouse news service is reporting a deal has been reached that includes bump stock language, they are working to find out if House or Senate language.

Statehouse news service is reporting a deal has been reached that includes bump stock language, they are working to find out if House or Senate language.

Does this mean the house and senate voted (passed) whatever the committee came up with, or just that the committee came up with something?

Does this mean the house and senate voted (passed) whatever the committee came up with, or just that the committee came up with something?

Back
Top Bottom