• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

The problem with passing laws that no one can possibly follow because they’re so convoluted and poorly written is that it causes otherwise law-abiding people to say “**** it, I’m going to ignore it” and once they come to that conclusion about 1 law it becomes that much easier to do the same to others. Laws become meaningless

For these people this is the goal, not a problem. They want a police state where everyone is always guilty of something, because that's how you get total control.

I have now re-called - the one at sanchez's office is still using the list from yesterday and will inform you if youve allready called, i stated that I wanted to ensure that if a new list for today was being taken I would be counted.

and you couldnt be more right browncoat.

I have now re-called - the one at sanchez's office is still using the list from yesterday and will inform you if youve allready called, i stated that I wanted to ensure that if a new list for today was being taken I would be counted.

and you couldnt be more right browncoat.

Keep recruiting callers

GOAL just cranked up the twitter machine again. If you are on Twitter please get on there and retweet their tweets with a comment or at the minimum a thumbs up emoji.

GOAL just cranked up the twitter machine again. If you are on Twitter please get on there and retweet their tweets with a comment or at the minimum a thumbs up emoji.

Done, perhaps tagging other groups as well which will then cross post it? What about other border state organizations as the language has the potential for those shooting in MA to jam out of staters up as well.

Done, perhaps tagging other groups as well which will then cross post it? What about other border state organizations as the language has the potential for those shooting in MA to jam out of staters up as well.

It would be great if people who RT the GOAL tweets could also tag others, @colionnoir, @danaloesch, etc.

Yesterday was the deadline for the budget.

Thanks for mentioning this, GOAL will be making a slight shift in the campaign after lunch today, please keep an eye here and on twitter/facebook for the latest and be ready to amplify the message.

- - - Updated - - -

WHEN DOES THE SESSION END?

I.e. when do they have to get it done by?

yesterday, this goes into my post above. Stay tuned!

Does anyone have any sample text that I could use a starting point for the NRA-ILA contact your reps website? I'm looking for something reasonable not things like someone should be taking a dirt nap.

Does anyone have any sample text that I could use a starting point for the NRA-ILA contact your reps website? I'm looking for something reasonable not things like someone should be taking a dirt nap.
Don't waste your time using that, they go unread. Please call them.

Called all the committee members, my Senator and my Rep, most just assumed I was calling about the Linsky language.

Keep the pressure up!

Don't waste your time using that, they go unread. Please call them.

With all due respect, I went to Boston shortly after the 7/20 Healey fiasco and that's when I decided I had enough and met with my senator and rep face to face, never mind over the phone. In retrospect they did nothing for me but turned a blind eye to an actual, in their district, voting constituent. As near as I can tell only 2 things will motivate these guys, one is losing out on taxes when I finally move away or waiting for someone to run against them so that I can bring this to their attention during the election. As long as these guys run unopposed there will be no justice for us.

With all due respect, I went to Boston shortly after the 7/20 Healey fiasco and that's when I decided I had enough and met with my senator and rep face to face, never mind over the phone. In retrospect they did nothing for me but turned a blind eye to an actual, in their district, voting constituent. As near as I can tell only 2 things will motivate these guys, one is losing out on taxes when I finally move away or waiting for someone to run against them so that I can bring this to their attention during the election. As long as these guys run unopposed there will be no justice for us.
I understand that, I'm only trying to let you know that form emails literally go unread. If you're going to email, use your own email and put something in the title that will get attention. I know for a fact that legislative aids auto delete anything they see that appears to be a form mail.

For these people this is the goal, not a problem. They want a police state where everyone is always guilty of something, because that's how you get total control.

Blu-cahhh! That is the the bottom line. Hit the nail on the head!

Just called all the committee members, most people asked if I was calling about the Linsky amendment and took name, one specifically made a point to mention that they preferred the Senate language.

Contact info bump:

Budget Conference Committee

House:

Representative Jeffrey Sánchez, 617-722-2990*Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 243
Representative Stephen Kulik, 617-722-2380*Vice Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 238
Representative Todd Smola, 617-722-2100*Ranking Minority House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 124

Senate:

Senator Karen Spilka, 617-722-1640*Chair Senate Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 212
Senator Sal N. DiDomenico, 617-722-1650*Vice Chair Senate Way & Means Committee – State House Room 208
Senator Vinny deMacedo, 617-722-1330*Ranking Minority Senate Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 313C

afternoon update from GOAL

DNkQcWEU8AAdEkh.jpg

Am I the only one who’s genuinely wondering what the h*ll the conference committee is doing at this point? If they were simply going to railroad us, I figure they would have done it by now. I’m going to keep calling just like everyone else should be doing, but what is the holdup at this point? Aren’t there really only two options for the committee at this point: Linsky screw fest or the senate version?

Just called all the committee members, most people asked if I was calling about the Linsky amendment and took name, one specifically made a point to mention that they preferred the Senate language.

My Reps aid told me the same thing. I asked her "If that was the case why did he vote for it ?" Referring to the Linsky language. Crickets.....

Bob

Got an email from GOAL they want us to call our reps now. Did so.

Anne Gobi - she knows and doesn’t like it, looking for a ‘compromise’ shortly - they also mentioned that she filed a bill against the AGs actions in 2016 - I then asked it’s been over a year and no action while this happened a month ago and we are slamming it through.

Rep Zlotnik - left message about it.

Am I the only one who’s genuinely wondering what the h*ll the conference committee is doing at this point? If they were simply going to railroad us, I figure they would have done it by now. I’m going to keep calling just like everyone else should be doing, but what is the holdup at this point? Aren’t there really only two options for the committee at this point: Linsky screw fest or the senate version?

The holdup would be with the chair of the ways and means committee, who is tweeting propaganda from the demanding moms and wants Linsky's version passed. He's obviously being supported by his boss who is at odds with his colleague who runs the senate.

Regardless, please shift focus to contacting your legislators with the bullet points in the latest GOAL update.

Back
Top Bottom