Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

[laugh2]

My (adult) children also cringe when my wife and I use the term "hooked up" in contexts where we simply mean "met up". Apparently it has a fixed sexual meaning nowadays, but we're both pretty adamant. We believe our generation invented the slang, and we own it, not them.

Have a call party tomorrow...invite a bunch of people over and keep calling. I want at least 2000 calls sometime tomorrow. There will be prizes for the 2000th call.

"Hi, caller number 9, you're on the air. Congratulations! You've won infringements on your rights, but at least you tried! How do you feel?"

Linsky amendment is vague, ambiguous, and poorly worded. Both Tarr and Linsky attempted to ban bump stocks. Linsky went a step further and tried to give state authority to regulate maintenance and modifications of firearms. When Maura becomes Governor Linsky wants to be AG.
Thank you for clarifying. I take it that the preban mag ban is off the table now and the focus is on the rate of fire issue.

http://www.statehousenews.com/

The Senate spent much of Tuesday waiting to see if a deal for a fiscal 2017 closeout budget would emerge. It didn't. The budget bill, which also includes language restricting bump stock devices that accelerate the firing capacity of guns, is needed for Comptroller Thomas Shack to prepare the required end-of-year financial report. With the House and Senate unable to agree to a final budget, Shack will miss his Oct. 31 deadline to produce the report.

BAKER AND WIFE HEADED TO PALM SPRINGS UNTIL MONDAY

For what its worth, if i were to slow down the controller and make them miss a quarterly financial report, i would more than likely be fired.

Thank you for clarifying. I take it that the preban mag ban is off the table now and the focus is on the rate of fire issue.

Affirmative - removed from the linskey Language early in the process...
Even he seems to understand what a non-starter capacity limits are.

The current Linskey Language is typical Democrat doggerel - language without definition, ban without compensation (or path to legal ownership) and creating an entirely new regulatory domain from whole cloth (EOPS secretary empowered to... What? Not defined, but would probably result in an Approved Roster of Maintenance Procedures and Parts.)

http://www.statehousenews.com/

For what its worth, if i were to slow down the controller and make them miss a quarterly financial report, i would more than likely be fired.

HOUSE, SENATE EXTEND FISCAL 2017 MINI-BUDGET TALKS INTO NOVEMBER
By Matt Murphy
STATE HOUSE NEWS SERVICE

STATE HOUSE, BOSTON, OCT. 31, 2017....The hopes of House and Senate lawmakers to complete a budget deal before Nov. 1 faded quickly on Tuesday afternoon as negotiations, initially stymied over a procedural dispute, have bogged down over a handful of issues, including a gun control measure and funding for youth violence prevention.

The House and Senate are both controlled overwhelmingly by Democrats, but ideological differences and the jockeying for power on Beacon Hill have led to frequent skirmishes in recent years between the two branches.

Those tensions have flared in recent weeks as attempts to produce a roughly $130 million spending bill to close out the fiscal year that ended on June 30 have stalled, allowing a Halloween deadline to pass and frustrations among lawmakers on both sides to mount.

Affirmative - removed from the linskey Language early in the process...
Even he seems to understand what a non-starter capacity limits are.

Given that there's a formal session tomorrow, too, do they have the latitude to mess with it and add that kind of thing, or at this point are they procedurally limited to picking one amendment as written?

No. Fox News is already calling for instant background checks to rent them.

Seriously? Wow. No wonder people don't trust any media outlets anymore.

Holy crap, really? That's.... bizarre. Can you point me to where they said that? Google isn't finding it for me.

Lets start a whole new agency!!!

I'd go for it if we can combine a drivers license that has a CCW endorsement and reciprocity everywhere along with the right to rent a truck.

Holy crap, really? That's.... bizarre. Can you point me to where they said that? Google isn't finding it for me.

Martha McCallum was reporting on how LEO was effectively telling rental stores to profile renters and a guest brought up background checks, which caused a lot of head nods.

But if I can't buy a bump file, Mohammed shouldn't be able to rent a u-Haul...

No. Fox News is already calling for instant background checks to rent them.

[rolleyes]

First of all commentary shows are not "news". Second, they have both sides reflected in many issues on the opinion shows. Because a commentator says something, doesn't mean the network endorses the concept. When Hannity and Combs was on you had diametrically opposed views being spouted on the same show. Juan Williams often appears on other shows today to give the liberal point of view and there are and have been many others.

In my experience, the straight news people at Fox play it pretty straight up. I'm talking Brett Baier, Ed Henry, etc.

Do the commentary shows lean right, yes. Just like they lean left on other networks. While Rachel Maddow is a liberal loon, it is not accurate to use her views to say "MSNBC is calling for XXXXX".

Part of the problem is the line between news and entertainmental has been blurred by all of these networks, for sure.

How about providing a link and/or calling out the exact person who said this?

Martha McCallum was reporting on how LEO was effectively telling rental stores to profile renters and a guest brought up background checks, which caused a lot of head nods.

But if I can't buy a bump file, Mohammed shouldn't be able to rent a u-Haul...

It has been widely reported that police have been educating rental truck places on things to look for. The Story is not a straight news show. People come on and spout their opinions.

Sebastian Gorka was on Hannity tonight and he said "Uhaul truck rental owners are not going to save Americans. It's not about the truck, it's about the ideology. We have to stop the spread of the ideology.....you're not going to ban fertilizer...."

So, now I can just attribute his statements to Fox News? Fox News says the only way to stop the issue is to identify the bad guys and stop the spread of the ideology, not by banning inanimate objects.

I'm all for calling out people's wacky opinions so we can give them shit for it. But I still don't know who called for the background checks.

bcf4123878fd2a504da83c2eff03c145762a2c1ecc1529c2e727bed1a91746ce.jpg

Morning update from GOAL

TAKE ACTION TODAY - PLEASE KEEP THE PRESSURE UP, IT IS WORKING. CALL THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS AND URGE THEM TO STRIP THE LINSKY LANGUAGE FROM THE BUDGET.
ICYMI - Yesterday, the legislature failed to meet the deadline for finalizing the budget bill. Reading through State House News service reports this morning it appears that much of the delay was caused by our pushback on the Linsky language, and by the Chairman of the Ways & Means Committee, Jeffrey Sánchez being unwilling to pass anything but the house version (Linsky language) as the final budget.
Here is a quote from the story -
"While some on the Senate side have come to view the House as uncompromising and intractable, House Ways and Means Chairman Jeffrey Sanchez made clear that he views his position as standing up for how House members voted.
"I appreciate the progress we've made with the Senate. We have been and will continue to negotiate and work through our differences. The House has been clear on what our priorities are and these priorities require immediate action. I am confident we will reach resolution," Sanchez said in a statement."
http://blog.goal.org/alert-linsky-language-back-play/

OK folks, keep those calls coming!

Contact info:

Budget Conference Committee

House:

Representative Jeffrey Sánchez, 617-722-2990 Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 243
Representative Stephen Kulik, 617-722-2380 Vice Chair House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 238
Representative Todd Smola, 617-722-2100 Ranking Minority House Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 124
Senate:

Senator Karen Spilka, 617-722-1640 Chair Senate Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 212
Senator Sal N. DiDomenico, 617-722-1650 Vice Chair Senate Way & Means Committee – State House Room 208
Senator Vinny deMacedo, 617-722-1330 Ranking Minority Senate Ways & Means Committee – State House Room 313C

I just went down all 6 numbers before I get started with my major projects for the day. They all seem to know about the language - they sound like they have all heard it before.

Don't get me wrong, it won't effect me if they pass it or if they don't - not playing anymore. If they stick with the Linskey Language - I'll post a detailed instruction of how to build a machine gun though. I saved a video from youtube awhile back that has now been purged with all the instructions.

They want to crap on us - it's time to crap on them. Gay people make up about 4% of the population, gun owners in Mass make up over 5% yet they get every accommodation and we get crap.

Last edited:
The problem with passing laws that no one can possibly follow because they’re so convoluted and poorly written is that it causes otherwise law-abiding people to say “**** it, I’m going to ignore it” and once they come to that conclusion about 1 law it becomes that much easier to do the same to others. Laws become meaningless

Back
Top Bottom