• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky's Amendment is back in play - Call your rep NOW!

Talked with Rep Nick Boldyga live and an aide in Senator Humason's office.
Nick told me with the Governor coming out saying he wanted to ban these devices it gives most of these Reps "air cover" to just go along with it.

Can the Senate replace with Tarr's language?

To do this, the bill will head to senate, they will need to amend the bill and pass it as amended. Then it goes back to house to be engrossed again with the new wording. So it would be inline with what just happened with the other bill. The scary part is it should have already been negotiated - meaning senators should already know the wording and have been ok with it for house to bother processing this new bill.

If house were OK with the [senate] wording, they would have passed the senate bill that was passed 2 weeks ago. This is a big cluster F. I have a feeling this is going to fly right through senate as if 2/3s were already in on this. IF it does not - its going to be an interesting house vs senate dynamic usually reserved for Rs vs Ds.

To do this, the bill will head to senate, they will need to amend the bill and pass it as amended. Then it goes back to house to be engrossed again with the new wording. So it would be inline with what just happened with the other bill. The scary part is it should have already been negotiated - meaning senators should already know the wording and have been ok with it for house to bother processing this new bill.

If house were OK with the [senate] wording, they would have passed the senate bill that was passed 2 weeks ago. This is a big cluster F. I have a feeling this is going to fly right through senate as if 2/3s were already in on this. IF it does not - its going to be an interesting house vs senate dynamic usually reserved for Rs vs Ds.

What's troubling about this is that they only have 2-3 days to hammer out any kind of agreement.

If it was most anything else, they could probably get it done... for something like this, I don't foresee any of them going all
out, burning the midnight oil in order to pass a more favorable amendment for gun owners.

My wife said I have to vote for Baker if he runs again since he has an R after his name. No way I can!! I just won't tell her I left it blank

Don't ever leave it blank. If you want to leave it blank, write in your own name. Better yet, stick on one of the many return address labels for yourself you've collected over the years.

my rep is pro gun, I have called, and email.

I thought mine was (Paul Frost), but he wasn't one of the 3 who voted against it last time!

Just called and left him a brief message on this.

Also, here's Michael Moore:
Chairperson, Joint Committee on Higher Education
Chairperson, Joint Committee on Municipalities and Regional Government
Chairperson, Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security
Chairperson, Special Senate Committee on Cyber Security Readiness
Joint Committee on State Administration and Regulatory Oversight
Joint Committee on Ways and Means
Special Senate Committee on Addiction Prevention, Treatment and Recovery Options
Senate Committee on Ways and Means
Senate Committee on Post Audit and Oversight
Senate Committee on Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets

You'd think he'd hold a little more sway with these credentials!

I'm waiting for this state to pass laws that will make litterers, jaywalkers and double parkers prohibited persons.

Will call tomorrow, just to let them know! I’ll never vote any incumbent in ever again.

and I urge all gun owners to act the spoiler, if they want to pull this shit constantly

any new person will do, before they make a career ,get health care and a pension for screwing the citizens.

Last edited:
I am sending this to my Rep

It has been brought to my attention that the legislature is once again going forward with more infringements of gun control law adding it to a budget bill. That does not accomplish anything except help you legislatures feel like you did something about public outcry about hysteria from a manic with a gun in the news once again. There are more than enough gun control laws already, please remove this latest legislature from the bill. Enough is enough. I will not stand by and allow you to set a precedent or allow you to make law abiding citizens into criminals overnight. We are not going to sit here and take it so do your job please and I will continue to be a law abiding citizen as always,and hopefully the law enforcement and judicial branches will actually do theirs to reduce crime.

BTW, I find it difficult to believe that you voted yes on the previous bill which included Linsky's gun control section that was such a poor example of legislature that a 7th grade civics student would know better than to write that. And that Senate version was just about as bad. Please stop with the infringements and have the rest of the government enforce and prosecute the laws we have. Don't make more bad laws, we have enough in this state already.

Is that too long or harsh?

Honest feedback, I would ask someone to proofread before sending. These are not "infringements on gun control", they are infringements on rights or ineffective gun control for the sake of appearance. Also, it's "legislators". Also, you will stand by, threatening is never a good tactic when trying to persuade. Again, we will sit here and take it if they decide to support it. maybe just copy and post the bulk of the original post.

let's put some thought and effort into our emails and calls and be as professional as possible.

I don't think it's an exaggeration...I stated this is the most sweeping gun control legislation propose in the nation...without debate or public comment. This is not the way to write legislation.

I would love for this to hit the courts, it would be crushed immediately. Every single rep who voted for this has blatantly disregarded their oath and should be immediately removed from office. This is pure BS.

Back
Top Bottom