• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linsky - on news this morning re more gun control

Ben Cartwright SASS

NES Member
I searched and can't find anything about this, even searching google.

I saw a report on TV (at least I thought I did) of Linsky going to the State House today to push for mental tests for buying a gun.

Anyone else hear about this?

I feel safer. Because a gun is far less deadly than a few propane canisters and some BP collected from fireworks or something.

Overall shootings/deaths are WAY down. Mass shootings are, no question, up from 50 years ago. It's like watching thousands of people die on the highways annually and everyone loses their mind when a single plane crashes. ??????

Years back (around 2001/2 IIRC), when my mother wanted to get her LTC (so she would be MA compliant to keep my father's firearms at her place) the Methuen police wanted her to get a psych evaluation done before they would process her application. She decided that they could FOAD and didn't bother (I had my LTC since I was still a PRM inmate).

IMO, this is bullshit on several levels.
Those that are mentally sound will be offended by this (rightfully so) and probably tell them to FOAD.
Those that are NOT mentally sound will refuse to do this.
The shrinks doing this will push their own (or the AMA's) agenda and make perfectly fine people PP's.
This will do NOTHING to stop criminals or the really determined (mentally sound or not) from obtaining firearms to commit acts of violence.

Years back (around 2001/2 IIRC), when my mother wanted to get her LTC (so she would be MA compliant to keep my father's firearms at her place) the Methuen police wanted her to get a psych evaluation done before they would process her application. She decided that they could FOAD and didn't bother (I had my LTC since I was still a PRM inmate)..

Be careful, this is closer than you think. It's already well established that the CoP can add additional requirements. Whether it's 2 references, written references, extra training, or writing a letter justifying you need, it's all the same. It's an additional requirement no different than a medical or psych eval. And if you push back..you're unsuitable. This has been going on for years and is an easy path to reduce/eliminate gun ownership.

Be careful, this is closer than you think. It's already well established that the CoP can add additional requirements. Whether it's 2 references, written references, extra training, or writing a letter justifying you need, it's all the same. It's an additional requirement no different than a medical or psych eval. And if you push back..you're unsuitable. This has been going on for years and is an easy path to reduce/eliminate gun ownership.
Another reason I'm glad I left that state behind me. Getting your P&R in NH is a LOT easier and faster (especially in my town).

Who gets to set the standard for crazy,I've several friends and acquaintances that think I'm a few degrees off plumb because of my penchant for trivia,old movies,knowing whether certain celebrates are dead or alive and various other pieces of useless info. Now goes that make me crazy or just a bit "odd" and is it a factor in my ability to exercise my 2nd amendment rights?

I saw a report on TV (at least I thought I did) of Linsky going to the State House today to push for mental tests for buying a gun.

Or how about a complete psychoanalyst before anyone takes public office.

It's just another politician who things another rule on a piece of paper is going to stop people. Just like those rules stopped teenagers from smoking weed and texting while driving. I should start sending the local pols video from my helmet cam. Show them how much their paper with plastic words on it works.

Who gets to set the standard for crazy,I've several friends and acquaintances that think I'm a few degrees off plumb because of my penchant for trivia,old movies,knowing whether certain celebrates are dead or alive and various other pieces of useless info. Now goes that make me crazy or just a bit "odd" and is it a factor in my ability to exercise my 2nd amendment rights?

An abundance of caution is always cheap when you are neither footing the bill or bearing the administrative cost. It snowballs from:

Suspected you Would do something
Suspected you Could do something
Insufficient proof you will never do something

According to the View, if you believe that Jesus talks to you, you are mentally deranged. Should this prevent you from exercising your Constitutional rights?

Saw on Ch 4 this morning that he's marching to the State House this morning with "several hundred" people to protest for more gun control.

VagueAjarArmadillo-max-1mb.gif

Saw on Ch 4 this morning that he's marching to the State House this morning with "several hundred" people to protest for more gun control.
More "gun control" in MA? I am aware gun prohibitionists, like the Terminator, never stop, but what specifically is left to take in the state?

Linskys pandering to media about his never ending desire to enact various forms of shitty gun control. You don't say?

Water is also wet.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom