Linsky after bump stocks AND pre ban mags !!!!!!!!!

So who is the Secretary of Public Safety? Who do they report to? What's their track record on gun stuff? These are the EOPS list folks, right?

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/office-of-secretary/secretary-of-public-safety-and-security.html

He's a Baker appointee. We'll be fine. [rofl]

Bennett has actually been pretty decent so far. He told Healey off for her shitty ban language.

However, this is a governor appointed position, so we're essentially ****ed once Faker is out or decides to go full RINO and replace Bennett with someone who wants to fall in line with Healey's bullshit.

Bennett has actually been pretty decent so far. He told Healey off for her shitty ban language.

However, this is a governor appointed position, so we're essentially ****ed once Faker is out or decides to go full RINO and replace Bennett with someone who wants to fall in line with Healey's bullshit.

That's good news on Bennett. I guess the regulations that he promulgates are subject to the whims of subsequent SoPSes, but I'd be interested in knowing how that has gone in the past. In other words, has each historically been free to completely change the regulations put in place by their predecessors?

SECTION ZZ. The Secretary of Public Safety shall promulgate regulations by January 1, 2018 concerning the allowability of maintenance and enhancement of rifles, shotguns and firearms consistent with the intent of this section.

I just Called my senators office Senator
Viriato M. DeMacedo

His aid said ,the senator is un aware of the amendment,but the aid thinks the calls are coming in because of some of the language about the bumpstocks.

He will let him know about my opposition,

he didn’t seem to concerned ,not a lot of calls are coming in.

and they are going to ram this through, and later claim what?? What?.

Please get get off your asses and CALL NOW,!

DONT PULL A DOOR DANCE LIKE LVPD.

Last edited:
All EOPSS agencies fall within four categories: law enforcement, criminal justice, forensic sciences and homeland security.

So we are creating a situation were a law enforcer can define the law they want to charge you with.
Lets just go full judge dread here and give the the power to be judge and jury as well.

That's good news on Bennett. I guess the regulations that he promulgates are subject to the whims of subsequent SoPSes, but I'd be interested in knowing how that has gone in the past. In other words, has each historically been free to completely change the regulations put in place by their predecessors?

That's the question here. I don't see anything really prohibiting them from going full retard if they really wanted to.

That is a senate version.

However H.3951 is the house bill that was passed and is being sent to the senate. The linskey crap is an amendment to H.3951
The house can either:
- pass as presented - then goes to the gubberner
- alter it with admendments

If it alters it, it goes back to the houe, the house can either:
- Pass it as amended by senate - then goes to the gubberner
- Send to committee (or somethign like that) to work out differences.

Right, so we're asking the senate to amend it with Sen. Tarr's language instead of Linsky's language.

Left Jason Lewis a voice mail which I fully expect will be ignored. On the plus side, it did remind me to make a tax deductible donation to Comm2a.

I do not know how much difference it would make anyway, but the senate seat for the Worcester & Middlesex district is empty since the resignation of Jenn Flanagan. Given her past positions I think she probably could have at least been prompted to support the Tarr language.

Dean Tran (R) of Fitchburg is running for her seat and gets a 100% rating from GOAL, this would have been a trial of his commitment to 2A if he was already in office.
http://www.deantran.com/

I just spoke with Sen. Fattman on the phone. I had sent him a facebook message with my phone number and he called me to discuss (great service!). He's 100% on our side.

I don't want to put words in his mouth, so the following is my take based on the conversation, I am not speaking for him. He's very concerned with the process. There is supposed to be a public process and what happened yesterday sneaks in something at the last minute. He's also very concerned with Linsky's language - way too vague and open for abusive interpretation. On the process: The Senate will likely take up its own bill, and will likely not directly take up the house bill with Linsky's language. They are supposed to vote on it today but they haven't seen what the bill says yet. My impression is that he's not in favor of any ban, but if push comes to shove Tarr's language is better than Linsky's. There's still issues he has with Tarr's lanuage.

This one is a little expensive but you get the idea. You can't regulate what can be printed.

Are you sure?

1371246883.jpg

I posted a build 5 years ago to make a bumpfire stock for $10, no plastic needed.

Sen Creem is going to file an amendment today as well that is just as bad, if not worse than Linsky's.

Buckle up, this ride could hit turbulence.

Sen Creem is going to file an amendment today as well that is just as bad, if not worse than Linsky's.

She needs to be run over by a bus, the sooner the better. She represents NEWTON, a real high crime area.[rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

She is the epitome of misinformed, emotional, government scumbags if there ever was one.

Anyone else here think she's going to go FR and add on a ban on MSRs? I can see stupid doing something that comes natural.

Eldridge's office, zero fvcks given [frown]

I've learned not to waste my time trying to persuade Eldridge. He views gun owners as a bunch of violent rednecks and considers anything he can do to annoy us to be a mitzvah. His Twitter habit is to post something inflammatory, then single out the least articulate replies and quote-tweet them with a snarky comeback. Anyone who makes a good-faith attempt to engage or educate just gets ignored. As long as he continues to have a safe seat (i.e., forever), he has no incentive to behave any differently.

I was just told that the version going through the senate is different than what the house approved so it'll go back to the house to be rewritten.

In MA, calling your senator is like talking to your ex. pretent to care, but zero **** given. And you two might openly/secretly hate each other.

Back
Top Bottom