Linskey H4038 - semi auto ban

people do not need to move out of mass. people need to vote the tyrants out of office.
With all due respect, my feeling is you can vote all you want. If voting mattered it would already be banned.

See the 2020 Presidential 'Election' for more information

(Mods, I haven't been posting here for a while so, if this meme has language to spicy according to the forum rules please remove it from the thread)

Edit: never mind mods, I fixed it and it should pass now

gunsforefathersjustshotthem censored.png

With all due respect, my feeling is you can vote all you want. If voting mattered it would already be banned.

(Mods, I haven't been posting here for a while so, if this meme has language to spicy according to the forum rules please remove it from the thread)

View attachment 632524
They kinda did do most of those things before the shooting started though

They kinda did do most of those things before the shooting started though
Yep, no argument! None of it worked however and they pretty much reached the same situation as we have reached. Our government is illegitimate and corupt to the core. I seriously doubt voting is going to fix anything since that same group controls the counting of the votes too.

We can only keep making excuses for ourselves for so long

people do not need to move out of mass. people need to vote the tyrants out of office.
However, the opposition party has to put up likeable, viable candidates and support them $$$ to get them elected. That hasn't happened in many years.
You know I kind of want the libtards to be stupid enough to do this. The fail will be epic but a huge bonanza for us because if the courts say you can't ban semi auto weapons then they can't ban ARs and AKs and that's that.
Perhaps, but only years and years later! After the damage is done.
Impossible, they've been cheating in this one party state for decades, ain't gonna happen.
This too!

Let it pass.

Then, when there's massive disobedience, the case against the state should be easy and if the SJC continues to play games it'll be fast tracked to get smacked down.

Semiautomatic is the very definition of common use.
I have no faith anything gets smacked down in MA. I'm still waiting for the AWB smackdown. Baker and Healy have made it clear the Bruen decision has no place here.

I have no faith anything gets smacked down in MA. I'm still waiting for the AWB smackdown. Baker and Healy have made it clear the Bruen decision has no place here.
Smackdown
We found the argument "that only those arms in existence in the 18th century are protected by the Second Amendment" not merely wrong, but "bordering on the frivolous." 554 U.S., at 582, 128 S.Ct. 2783. Instead, we held that "the Second Amendment extends, prima facie, to all instruments that constitute bearable arms, even those that were not in existence at the time of the founding ." Ibid. (emphasis added). It is hard to imagine language speaking more directly to the point. Yet the Supreme Judicial Court did not so much as mention it.

Result
Until 2018, Massachusetts prohibited anyone who wasn't a law enforcement officer from having a stun gun—any type of weapon or portable device that uses an electrical current to incapacitate someone temporarily. After that total ban was struck down as unconstitutional, the state changed its laws to include stun guns in the legal definition of a firearm. That means that Massachusetts residents who want stun guns must meet the state's licensing and other requirements for gun possession and use.

Perhaps, but only years and years later! After the damage is done.

I don't think we'd be talking about years, just a lot of overturning while the left wing politicos keep trying to appeal up the chain. I don't know about you, but don't you want to watch them doing their task over and over like Sysphus from Greek mythology rolling the gun control boulder up the hill over and over with rollback after rollback until they realize that rolling the boulder uphill every day produces nothing.

MA got hammered pretty good in a 9-0 decision on Caetano. Remember if the left ignores precedent they disagree with, then the right can ignore left wing precedent that they create then we have no settled law. So it's a tiptoe *on* the tulips dance for incompetent legislators.

MA got hammered pretty good in a 9-0 decision on Caetano. Remember if the left ignores precedent they disagree with, then the right can ignore left wing precedent that they create then we have no settled law. So it's a tiptoe *on* the tulips dance for incompetent legislators.
I retain no hope that they've learned their lesson.

Are you kidding? We elected a white lady from Oklahoma who pretended to be an Indian.
We live in a state that doesn't require any type of ID to vote and where anyone can mail in a ballot and where criminal illegal aliens can get a driver's license.
Vote in Massachusetts? Might as well try bailing out a lake with a teaspoon.

Until 2018, Massachusetts prohibited anyone who wasn't a law enforcement officer from having a stun gun—any type of weapon or portable device that uses an electrical current to incapacitate someone temporarily. After that total ban was struck down as unconstitutional, the state changed its laws to include stun guns in the legal definition of a firearm. That means that Massachusetts residents who want stun guns must meet the state's licensing and other requirements for gun possession and use.

Can a 19 year old get one today? Do they need a permit? Did Bruen change anything with regards to stun guns, people 18 < 21, or both?
Thank you.

Can a 19 year old get one today? Do they need a permit? Did Bruen change anything with regards to stun guns, people 18 < 21, or both?
Thank you.
I didn't say that everything is fixed
Caetano answered a specific question which resulted in Mass quickly allowing, but restrictively, the ownership and carry of stun guns.
Bruen was not directed at Mass like Caetano so we will need to bring a case against Mass to force a change - Bruen did not speak to age so it likely will not apply to the 18->20 problem

Hirschfeld v. Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco & Explosives, No. 19-2250 (4th Cir. 2021)
However the 5th circuit found the opposite creating a split
Both of these cases occurred before Bruen therefore a new case could be brought up that would be decided using the now much higher hurdle for the government to overcome; therefore 18- 20 purchase restrictions will very likely hit most circuits and found to be unconstitutional.

Edit: Fix the errors that make me look like I'm starting the weekend early

Last edited:
Bruen was not directed at Mass like Caetano so we will need to bring a case against Mass to force a change - Bruen did not speak to age so it likely will not apply to the 18->20 problem
So, there's 2 things now to be fixed.

However the 5th circuit found the opposite creating a split
Both of these cases occurred before Bruen therefore a new case could be brought up that would be decided using the now much higher hurdle for the government to overcome; therefore 18- 20 purchase restrictions will very likely hit most circuits and found to be unconstitutional.
So, does this apply in Massachusetts? Are there currently any cases addressing this?

So, there's 2 things now to be fixed.

So, does this apply in Massachusetts? Are there currently any cases addressing this?
1st, I spoke too soon on Bruen - Mass is essentially shall issue

I don't know if there are any cases in the 1st circuit for the 18-20 crowd but it would be pretty easy to create a great case with a 18/19 YO reservist

I retain no hope that they've learned their lesson.
Looks like they learned their lesson - see the link in my prior post
Our shitty AG grandstanded for the cameras but the state buckled under and wrote an advisory that goes just short of the words "SHALL ISSUE"

Our shitty AG grandstanded for the cameras but the state buckled under and wrote an advisory that goes just short of the words "SHALL ISSUE"
Fingers crossed, but I'm not convinced they've learned from the errors of their ways.

View attachment 632524
Too spicy for NES?
Hold my drink.....

That link sure has a whole lot of "suitability" in there, for a ruling that was supposed to be doing away with "suitability".

Nope - A ROTC student might be a better candidate than a general reservist but any person who has gone through basic and is "trusted" to handle automatic weapons on the weekend would be hard to argue is not responsible enough simply because of age.
Yes, this does sound like a good candidate for a suit.

That link sure has a whole lot of "suitability" in there, for a ruling that was supposed to be doing away with "suitability".
Concur but without a change in the statute the language is still there and needs to be addressed.
The instructions referring to letters addressing reason or need instruct the licensing officer that the information in the letter can only be used to obtain "reliable and credible information" supporting a finding of unsuitable. That is going to be a high bar for a person to screw up a letter that bad to give reason to be unsuitable.

I hope MA passes a semi-auto ban. That would be a PERFECT case to go to SCOTUS and enshrine/confirm our rights, in every state to possess modern firearms.

The only problem is that it only impacts a tiny handful of states. It's just these democrat strongholds like MA that are going to need a few more spankings before prior rulings go away.

Back
Top Bottom