Linskey H4038 - semi auto ban

OK, so what does THAT take? Can the MA Legislature take up an emergency session to get this fixed immediately?
Why would they? Most people are not going to know anything about Bruen so they will still attempt to comply with the laws as written.
We, gun people, are responsible for being good 2A advocates and getting the word out about the changes.

We, gun people, are responsible for being good 2A advocates and getting the word out about the changes.

Is there anywhere that is a good source of information for people? Just facts and stuff. I guess GOAL/FPC/NRA/Comm2A, but stuff is kind of scarce, and a lot of it is assuming people know stuff about all of this.

It would be good if there were a "SCOTUS Bruen Results For Dummies" or something.

Is there anywhere that is a good source of information for people? Just facts and stuff. I guess GOAL/FPC/NRA/Comm2A, but stuff is kind of scarce, and a lot of it is assuming people know stuff about all of this.

It would be good if there were a "SCOTUS Bruen Results For Dummies" or something.
The problem is that a sufficiently thorough explanation requires the reader to care. They don't, which is why they don't already know even a little.

This is a "...first invent the apple" kind of situation.

It's so new that there aren't any good references out there yet - my knowledge is just that gained from reading and studying every 2a circuit and scotus opinion and how they interrelate.

That link sure has a whole lot of "suitability" in there, for a ruling that was supposed to be doing away with "suitability".
As written, the SCOTUS ruling seems to be against arbitrary, opinion based, or even poorly defined suitability, not the word itself. So I can see MA keeping suitability by claiming its well defined as a risk to public safety, right or wrong. What the ruling will do is lock down the reason and make it easier to appeal. No more "broad discretion", the old standard that the MA courts still apply despite the new language. Of course this may take a court challenge to get to this point.

So, if there were a change in drunk driving laws, it is up to the drunks to get the legislature to fix the laws? Wait, um, circular reference?

Anyhow, if there were a change due to a court case in building codes, is it up to people who are having a house built to make sure the laws get changed?

So, if there were a change in drunk driving laws, it is up to the drunks to get the legislature to fix the laws? Wait, um, circular reference?

Anyhow, if there were a change due to a court case in building codes, is it up to people who are having a house built to make sure the laws get changed?

If you choose not to be a good advocate that is your choice.
I choose not to sit on the sidelines and allow our adversaries to have free reign over the narrative.
A change in drunk driving laws would be pushed by advocacy groups like MADD who you bet your ass would be all over media trumpeting a win.
Building code changes are publicized by code class trainers who regularly advertise updates to code requiring new training.

So I read the text of the bill, and beyond the BS of what it would do, its an example of the kind of bill submitted with the intent to make it difficult to know what it does.. Strike out this word or phrase and insert another. Can't just put in the whole paragraph so it's clear what it does, they have to make a game out of it.
If you read Robert Caro's epic biography of Robert Moses...
Amazon product ASIN 0394720245that's how he got his start early in life:
As a legislative aide whose expertise
was drafting bills that were just a morass of tweaks to existing law.

The legislature would pass them
because they couldn't figure out what they actually did.

Back
Top Bottom