• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Linskey H4038 - semi auto ban

I think we have all grown tired of Linsky throwing shit on the wall to see if it sticks.
But write your reps anyway, especially the tyrannical ones who are duped into thinking gun control is the answer even though we all know what the answer is.
We need to fight this crap before it spreads.
Yes, call and write your rep. But meet with them in person, have your arguments well thought out. Deal with the issue in the context of the time and place (MA), don't hand them a pile of pages written by the founding fathers. This last may feel like you are making a point but you will be seen as a fanatic and become the subject of inside jokes.
Listen to your rep's arguments carefully, then address those points in the next meeting, this isn't a one time thing if you want to win.
And always remember, you are not trying to convince them based on what you think is important, you are trying to convince them based on what THEY think is important.

And if your rep in Linsky, bring a gift, I hear he likes goats, since you won't win with him anyway.

Interesting bill. All semi auto shotguns and rifles would become illegal. BUT the way he makes the changes, semi auto "firearms" so handguns, SBRs, SBSs, etc are no longer illegal. Unintended consequence of his stupidity and not knowing what his edits will do and what the law actually means...

There's nothing unintended about the language used in the bill. He genuinely wants to outlaw as much as he can possibly get away with.

fb_img_1547878308584-1048225_jpg-1380484-jpg.7305471

P. S. 😂😂😂👍👍👍

There's nothing unintended about the language used in the bill. He genuinely wants to outlaw as much as he can possibly get away with.
I read the bill and they are nuts .
They want to ban any and all semi automatic guns ( for laws abiding Americans ) the thugs and criminals will still have better firearms them we do . So they want to disarm us and slap the criminals hands when they are arrested with a firearm . The law abiding Americans will get locked up for not turning in there legally purchased guns . This makes perfect Sense to an imbecile .

And if your rep in Linsky, bring a gift, I hear he likes goats, since you won't win with him anyway.
I'm afraid PETA and I would be on the same side there. Can't do it. I remember contacting him on the bump stock bill he originally submitted, the one that made it illegal just to make it possible to fire a gun faster. Like Katherine Clark, he will not condescend to consider whether there might be any validity to an opposing view. He thinks the only reason you would disagree with him is because he is smarter and knows better, so the only response required is for him to reiterate his position. Since that just irritates me, the only feedback that dipshit will get from me is a vote for whoever runs against him.

but would that prohibit the mass.gov from implementing it? You know how it works. Press ahead while the courts dick around.
We live in a communist state . I don’t think contacting our state reps will help .This government will lie cheat and steal to get the results they want .

We live in a communist state . I don’t think contacting our state reps will help .This government will lie cheat and steal to get the results they want .
The problem with that attitude is that while you MAY be right, not reaching out and trying to get them on your side GUARANTEES how they will vote.
So it's a maybe v. a guarantee. You either go for it or you become part of the problem.
Who was it that said "For evil to prevail all you need is for good men to do nothing". Do you really want to be one of those that does nothing?

The problem with that attitude is that while you MAY be right, not reaching out and trying to get them on your side GUARANTEES how they will vote.
So it's a maybe v. a guarantee. You either go for it or you become part of the problem.
Who was it that said "For evil to prevail all you need is for good men to do nothing". Do you really want to be one of those that does nothing?
I have called and emailed . I agree it’s worth a try . This state gets away with everything. It would be fantastic if someone had a lawsuit against them to stop the BS. If they keep going like this we will be like Australia . They took all there guns including hunting rifles . I don’t think they have the right to steal our firearms that we worked hard to buy . I am hoping they are asking for everything and maybe they will settle for less.

Does the bill regard a DA revolver as a semi-automatic handgun?
Not unless they change the definition of “semi-auto”, which this proposal does not do. Current definition of “semi-auto” in Mass law:
''Semiautomatic'', capable of utilizing a portion of the energy of a firing cartridge to extract the fired cartridge case and chamber the next round, and requiring a separate pull of the trigger to fire each cartridge.
A revolver does not use a portion of the energy from firing a round, it uses your finger.

in all likelihood, my call will not ever make a difference. Doing nothing at all will also never make a difference.

I have called and emailed . I agree it’s worth a try . This state gets away with everything. It would be fantastic if someone had a lawsuit against them to stop the BS. If they keep going like this we will be like Australia . They took all there guns including hunting rifles . I don’t think they have the right to steal our firearms that we worked hard to buy . I am hoping they are asking for everything and maybe they will settle for less.
I keep saying this.
Calls and email are fine, and should be done.
But you need to meet with you Rep, and not just once when there is a bill, but regularly. Put a human face to his constituents. When I was in MA I met regularly with my rep (Walsh R.I.P). we talked about bills I was concerned about, we talked about a bill I wanted him to sponsor, we talked about bills I didn't give a shit about, heck we talked about the last time he shot trap and the changing face of the Democratic party.

But even if it's just the one bill, MEET WITH YOUR REP

If they keep going like this we will be like Australia . They took all there guns including hunting rifles .
People still own, buy and shoot guns there. I don’t know where you got that info. I don’t know the particulars of where and who turned in their firearms because of control freaks passing laws there doing so, but it was not “all”

So does a FRT, but that didn't stop the AFT from calling it a machine gun.
True, but the definition of a “machine gun” just says it has to fire multiple rounds with a "single function” of the trigger. The ATF’s argument around bump stocks and FRTs was that there was a single “function” of the trigger and the multiple rounds being fired were the result of the bump stock or the FRT. Their claim was that a bump stock or a FRT was acting as "Any part designed and intended solely and exclusively or combination of parts designed and intended for use in converting a weapon into a machinegun” and were therefore, under NFA, machineguns. I don’t agree with their argument, but they are claiming that you are performing a "single function” of the trigger when you use a bump stock or an FRT.

There is no such wiggle room in the Mass law definition of a “semiautomatic”, it MUST use the energy of a fired cartridge to extract the spent round and chamber the next one.

People still own, buy and shoot guns there. I don’t know where you got that info. I don’t know the particulars of where and who turned in their firearms because of control freaks passing laws there doing so, but it was not “all”
I was watching Fox News and they said that the government was taking all firearms .

People still own, buy and shoot guns there. I don’t know where you got that info. I don’t know the particulars of where and who turned in their firearms because of control freaks passing laws there doing so, but it was not “all

in all likelihood, my call will not ever make a difference. Doing nothing at all will also never make a difference.
My Rep is in the military reserves and has an LTC. He is a Dem and votes with the herd for his paycheck every time. I’m done wasting my time calling and writing. The only way to make a difference is to get out and run for office yourself in this state.👍🏻

I was watching Fox News and they said that the government was taking all firearms .

Fox is wrong on the All firearms.

We are lucky here in the states that we have a constitution that protects our rights from tyrants unlike those in Australia.

People still shoot PRS competitions there with bolt action rifles and I am pretty sure they hunt too. It might be difficult to buy ammo and firearms there like it is in NYC, but they still shoot there.

Back
Top Bottom