Linked .308 Rounds?

paulie walnuts said:
I hope these are new belts and have no gunpowder residue on them as I will be takin this back in an airplane to mass in my check in bag!!!

Umm...people travel all the time with guns and ammo in their checked luggage. The airport is highly unlikely to care about your belts, even if they came straight from the range.

paulie walnuts said:
should I declear I have them in the bag tho or just throw it in there and hope for the best???

There is no requirement to declare cloth strips that may have odd but harmless residues on them. Even odds on the check-in person saying "cool. Thanks" or giving you a dirty look for confusing them. Take your pick. Personally, I wouldn't bother saying anything. I also would not declare that there are sneakers in there that I wore to the gas station and might have gas on them. Or jeans I wore to a hospital that could very well have lovely MRSA on them. ;)

There is no requirement to declare cloth strips that may have odd but harmless residues on them. Even odds on the check-in person saying "cool. Thanks" or giving you a dirty look for confusing them. Take your pick. Personally, I wouldn't bother saying anything. I also would not declare that there are sneakers in there that I wore to the gas station and might have gas on them. Or jeans I wore to a hospital that could very well have lovely MRSA on them. ;)

Very true, thanks guys for your help!!

This
5f999346.jpg

plus that
2347176b.jpg

makes that
5ad8cd51.jpg

No expert, but those don't look like the type that will work in a 1919A4.

Do these links and cloth belts constitute large capacity feeding devices if they link more than ten rounds?

Of course. From GOAL.org

A “large capacity feeding device” is defined the same as in federal law, or:
“a fixed or detachable magazine, box, drum, feed strip or similar device capable of accepting, or that can be readily converted to accept, more than ten rounds of ammunition or more than five shotgun shells; ... The term “large capacity feeding device” shall not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with,.22 caliber ammunition.”

No expert, but those don't look like the type that will work in a 1919A4.

Calsdad had it at the end of his post, http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/168881-Linked-308-Rounds?p=2496766&viewfull=1#post2496766

Back
Top Bottom