Limu Emu and Doug

MassPete

Instructor
NES Member
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My god, How much is Liberty Mutual spending on these commercials? I've been home sick and they seem to be on every channel, every day on every set of commercials. It's crazy. Never mind the Geico commercials. I guess this is what we're paying for.

dieselauto

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My god, How much is Liberty Mutual spending on these commercials? I've been home sick and they seem to be on every channel, every day on every set of commercials. It's crazy. Never mind the Geico commercials. I guess this is what we're paying for.
You forgot about Progressive and State Farm.

appraiser

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
better than boner pills, women worrying if their adult bladder leak underwear is showing thru their skirt, and if you live in SW Florida Billy Fucillo and ITS HUGE Kia commercials....

C. Stockwell

NES Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
CUT THE CHORD

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
2 things.

First - Why does Limu have a last name and Doug doesn't?

Second - LM ad person on this is GENIUS. EVERY company "customizes" your coverage so you only pay for what you need but LM has "staked claim" to this and it's really very good!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had Liberty Mutual for Home and auto insurance until they raised their prices forcing us to change the auto insurance to USAA and retaining LM for the home insurance.
Before the price increase my wife said that the LM ads were embarrassing and i should consider looking elsewhere.
I saved over $300 on the package even with loosing the multi-policy discounts.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
I may or may not know a guy that allegedly works for LM.

In his last employee survey he may or may not have wrote 'Ditch Doug...keep the Emu' in the comments section.

#micdrop

smokey-seven

NES Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As a general aside on Liberty Mutual, a restaurant owner told me recently that he had been with Liberty M for 40 years with no claims. Liberty cancelled his policy with a little more than 6 weeks notice. When contacted and speaking with an underwriter, he was told that LM was cancelling all restaurant insurance policies if the building was a wood frame. This place has a top of the line sprinkler system, all the bells and whistles for an alarm.

They could probably reduce rates for all policy holders by a considerable amount if they just terminated their ads.

So who do I go with now for a homeowners policy?

Dennis in MA

NES Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
CUT THE CHORD
Then you'll B-Flat! ;)

It's an insult to the Plymouth Duster I once owned.
Damn. I know you know Dusters. It seemed to wide to be one.

I'm a fan of the struggling-actor LM one. It cracks me up every time. My old college room-mate looks and moves just like him. I laugh and laugh and laugh. "Liberty Boochamoo. Can I come out of the water? How about I just riff?"

yanici

NES Member
Rating - 97.2%
35   1   0
All the LM commercials suck, are stupid, childish, boring and not a bit entertaining. BTW, I have home and cars insured through them and never had a problem with claims that I filed.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I may or may not know a guy that allegedly works for LM.

In his last employee survey he may or may not have wrote 'Ditch Doug...keep the Emu' in the comments section.

#micdrop
My brother-in-law works for them. He says most employees are ashamed to admit they work for Liberty Mutual because of the commercials.

Bob P

NES Member
Rating - 96.8%
30   1   0
Liberty Mutual is a direct writer, meaning they don’t use independent agents. The only way they can get name recognition is via advertising- like Geico, Progressive and Allstate - all direct writers. For those suggesting they stop advertising, that’s not going to happen. LiMu is like Flo - some people love it, some hate it. Liberty Mutual has had a heavy TV ad presence for the last 15 years. Does anyone remember any of the ads that WEREN’T Emu and Doug? Nope. LiMu Emu isn’t going anyplace because it works - it gets you talking about the brand which is what advertising is supposed to do.

RumRunner

NES Member
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Used to use LM years ago because they had an office right in Malden, didn't need an agent, just used them directly and could go and talk to a person. When they left, I started using other insurance companies with agents, have switched a few times, but not too much. With Commerce right now for the last few years for both home and auto. But never had any issues with LM for auto, just wasn't convenient anymore when they moved.

Top Bottom