• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LIL WAYNE Charged by Feds ... POSS. OF FIREARM, AMMO

Reptile

NES Member
Lil Wayne's just been hit with a federal weapons charge and could face serious prison time if convicted.

The U.S. Attorney for the Southern District of Florida has charged the rapper with 1 count of possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon. Weezy -- who was convicted of a felony gun charge in NY back in 2009 -- faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

The charge is for a December 2019 incident where federal agents searched Wayne's plane at Miami-Opa Locka Executive Airport. He was a passenger on that plane, which made a stop in Florida on its way to California.

At the time ... Wayne's attorney, Howard Srebnick, had said his client was "cleared" to leave even though guns and drugs were reportedly found on the plane. It appears now the feds believe Wayne was wrongfully in possession of a weapon and ammunition.

Srebnick tells TMZ ... Carter was charged for possessing a gold-plated handgun in his luggage back in December. The lawyer says, "There is no allegation that he ever fired it, brandished it, used it or threatened to use it. There is no allegation that he is a dangerous person."

He added, "The charge is that because he was convicted of a felony in the past, he is prohibited from possessing a firearm."

Wayne's scheduled to appear in court next month.

cd5eb7052a684eaa8f56c07019692b57_md.jpg

eb81ac2a0d6e82542c36a516dfe9caef.jpg

I bet that wasn't his. The prosecutor will have to match the slide color to his teeth to prove it was. :)

This is from 2010

Lil Wayne. Lil Wayne underwent a massive dental operation last week, postponing the rapper's sentencing on an attempted-gun-possession charge until early March. The surgery was reported to have included eight root canals and other work on his gold- and diamond-encrusted teeth, which he claims are worth $150,000.

Wait, you mean a FELON didn't follow the laws concerning owning firearms??
I'm shocked, SHOCKED I say!!!
Top that off with him being an 'entertainer' and wealthy, he probably figured he was above the law. I have to wonder if someone tipped off the fed around this.

His net worth is 150 million. Let hope he throws some $ around and helps change some shit gun laws.
Let not forget, he is a felon because he was in possession of a firearm (actually NEAR someone else's firearm) in New York.
I dont care what he looks like. I dont care about the quality of his music. He is a a 2A brother.
Lot of "go-time" talk thrown around here, meanwhile this guy is living it.

Weezy -- who was convicted of a felony gun charge in NY back in 2009

Is anyone else the least bit curious to know the circumstances of this charge?

If it involves using the firearm in the commission of a crime or felonious assault then run him through the criminal justice mill. If it involves possession or carrying a firearm without permission from his Lords and Masters, not guilty.

New York is one of the worst offending jurisdictions for criminalizing the right to keep and bear arms. The hypocrisy of forfeiting a right for having exercised the right is preposterous. I give zero respect to that argument. If that is all they have, they don't have much. They may have nothing at all. That is exactly their plan for all of us tomorrow if you cede this ground today. At least he has the means to carry on the fight. It would probably bankrupt any of us but this might be our battle he is fighting.

If it involves using the firearm in the commission of a crime or felonious assault then run him through the criminal justice mill. If it involves possession or carrying a firearm without permission from his Lords and Masters, not guilty.

New York is one of the worst offending jurisdictions for criminalizing the right to keep and bear arms. The hypocrisy of forfeiting a right for having exercised the right is preposterous. I give zero respect to that argument. If that is all they have, they don't have much. They may have nothing at all. That is exactly their plan for all of us tomorrow if you cede this ground today. At least he has the means to carry on the fight. It would probably bankrupt any of us but this might be our battle he is fighting.
New York City Police Department discovered Carter and another man smoking marijuana near a tour bus. After taking Carter into custody, police discovered a .40 caliber pistol near his person. The gun, which was registered to his manager, was in a bag located near the rapper. He was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and marijuana.

Just on a side note, while I understand stage names and nicknames, they should just pick one of the three (Wayne, Weezy, or Carter) and stick with it for the whole story, so that those of us who aren't fully cognizant of the individual's multiple monikers don't have to go running to the web to figure out who they're referring to.

New York City Police Department discovered Carter and another man smoking marijuana near a tour bus. After taking Carter into custody, police discovered a .40 caliber pistol near his person. The gun, which was registered to his manager, was in a bag located near the rapper. He was charged with criminal possession of a weapon and marijuana.

This confirms my suspicions that the whole basis is CS. The next thing you know they'll be going after Willie Nelson. I'll never smoke weed with Willie again.

1. The older I get, the more I think SHALL NOT BE means what it says.

2. Looks like he's gonna turn from lil'Wayne to gaping'Wayne.

Apart from the gilded slide, the Hornady ammo and the Mag Ex2 tell me Lil' Wayne is a BIG gun guy.

The perspective on the photo is also misleading, the frame would be a lot larger on a Glock 21 it looks more like a Glock 30S and of course the extension would be longer.

If someone's too dangerous to be allowed access to firearms then why are they not incarcerated, or at the very least subject to the sort of scrutiny that goes with being on parole or probation? Once your supervision by the Dept. of Corrections ends, you should have your civil rights restored: voting, running for office, *and* your RTKBA.

Even if you think felons should lose their 2A rights for life, that loss of rights should probably only attach to *violent* felonies, malum in se crimes with an actual victim, as opposed to the long list of malum prohibitum stuff that can get you jammed up.

Also we need to get weed descheduled federally, already, so that those who are using it in compliance with state law don't jam themselves up.

The rapper pleaded guilty in 2009 to attempted weapon possession, admitting he had a loaded, semiautomatic .40-caliber gun on his tour bus after a show in 2007. Lil Wayne was sentenced to a year at Rikers Island in New York, starting in March 2010. With time off for good behavior, he was released eight months later

He's building street cred for his fans?

I'm different. I think even felons have a Right to Self Defense...

For the most part I agree. Anyone who can't be trusted with a gun cannot be trusted without a custodian.

For the serious felonies such as intentional homicide or attempted homicide, armed robbery, rape, etc., the real question is not whether this person has "paid their debt to society" and should have all their rights restored, it is what legislature or judge in their right mind thought it would be safe to ever release this person?

For the most part I agree. Anyone who can't be trusted with a gun cannot be trusted without a custodian.

For the serious felonies such as intentional homicide or attempted homicide, armed robbery, rape, etc., the real question is not whether this person has "paid their debt to society" and should have all their rights restored, it is what legislature or judge in their right mind thought it would be safe to ever release this person?
Yes, totally. But to add another facet to the subject;
Why license at all?
Anyone who has been charged, convicted, sentenced, and served their time can easily get a handgun (or, any gun really) on the Black Market upon release; or simply by following a gun-owner home from the range. Then, by studying his/her comings and goings they can arm themselves after a calculated break-in, or worse by sheer violent force at an opportune moment,

If someone really wants a gun... they can get one.
It's us poor rubes that jump through the hoops...

~Enbloc

I am, but 99 out of 100 of these fed things, they never reveal the trigger event. It's possible someone just snitched on him, if a fed judge thinks that is good
enough for a warrant, that's all they'd need to search his plane, etc.

Back
Top Bottom