• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Like him or not, but this is awesome

John Stewart. I, for one, am still able to look past someone’s politics, and he is one to stand up to politicians and throw a bucket of shame at them. Listen to this, guys. He’s standing up for veterans (something I don’t do enough, truth be told).

View: https://youtu.be/2uPqYhkIzrA

bullshit is what that bill was. all the additional $400bil of spending inserted into the bill had nothing to do with veterans or the purpose of the bill.
people who fall for the propaganda of the stewart types - think better of whom to believe.

from what I've read so far online the bill was not passed because it had a mega shit ton of bloat added to it. While it's a shame these veterans were not covered yet, it's par for the course with these people and should be expected.

It's how broken and dirty governments work.

You can look last his political stance. You still have to look past the grandstanding. Which is insufferable. If there's massive potential for a pork slush fund in this... There is by most accounts, Stewart admitted as much. Just delete that and revote. Simple.

Rand Paul should run for president with Desantis as VP. Then Desantis can run the next time.
I really like Rand myself, but it will never happen. Small "l" libertarians are despised by authoritarians on both sides of the isle. The knives will come out in a similar fashion as they do for Trump, but Rand doesn't have Trump's personality to overcome the flak from both sides. He tends to be a little boring and wonky.... Not ideal for a Presidential candidate in the television era. Sad, but it is what it is.

Here's where I stand on veterans healthcare, as a veteran:

If it's not a service-connected issue, veterans shouldn't get anything special. If it's service-connected, they should get it all, without any copays or out-of-pocket expenses.

I have a friend who served four years in the Navy at the same time I served in four years in the Army. All peacetime Cold War service. He never heard a shot fired after basic training.

He's outraged that this didn't pass. He weighs almost 400 pounds, is hypertensive and diabetic with serious edema, and has zero service-related injuries or conditions. He uses the VA in the city where he lives, and sometimes has to drive 70 miles to an Air Force base for more treatment.

Since when does taking a job in which you're not injured, nor even at serious risk of injury, entitle you to totally free Cadillac plan healthcare for life?

Here's where I stand on veterans healthcare, as a veteran:

If it's not a service-connected issue, veterans shouldn't get anything special. If it's service-connected, they should get it all, without any copays or out-of-pocket expenses.

I have a friend who served four years in the Navy at the same time I served in four years in the Army. All peacetime Cold War service. He never heard a shot fired after basic training.

He's outraged that this didn't pass. He weighs almost 400 pounds, is hypertensive and diabetic with serious edema, and has zero service-related injuries or conditions. He uses the VA in the city where he lives, and sometimes has to drive 70 miles to an Air Force base for more treatment.

Since when does taking a job in which you're not injured, nor even at serious risk of injury, entitle you to totally free Cadillac plan healthcare for life?
Regarding Service Connection, I mostly agree. The rules are set up that 50% service connection gets you free care for everything along with a bunch of other benefits.

80% and 100% are benchmarks for greater benefits as well, but I haven't looked deeply into them as I am just aiming for the 50% mark. I am retiring from 22 years as a ground equipment maintainer in the Air Force; all Air Guard, but in a "high tempo" squadron that deploys every 5 years. There's been a physical toll. Loved being in the squadron, but I'm ready to be done.

Who's telling the truth? Ted? or Jon?

With this in mind, Biden called on Congress to approve a law “to make sure veterans devastated by toxic exposure in Iraq and Afghanistan finally get the benefits and the comprehensive healthcare they deserve.” The legislation, known as the Honoring Our PACT Act (Promise to Address Comprehensive Toxics Act), would expand treatment eligibility, and it has plenty of champions on Capitol Hill.

Indeed, for a while it seemed like a fairly easy legislative lift, despite some Republican opposition. The bill easily passed the Senate in June — only 14 GOP senators voted against it — and the House followed suit a couple of weeks ago, passing the measure 342 to 88. (All 88 opponents were Republicans.)

I really like Rand myself, but it will never happen. Small "l" libertarians are despised by authoritarians on both sides of the isle. The knives will come out in a similar fashion as they do for Trump, but Rand doesn't have Trump's personality to overcome the flak from both sides. He tends to be a little boring and wonky.... Not ideal for a Presidential candidate in the television era. Sad, but it is what it is.

Meh.

It's way simpler than that. NPC retards vote based on emo bullshit. Rand doesn't evoke emo bullshit. Rand is a guy that is not always going to tell NPC retards what they want to hear. He's not going to reduce himself to spaying hyperbole and grandiose claims. No npc wants to hear "sure we can clean house, but it's going to take a while." It’s like if you let a 5 yr old choose their parents. The 5 year old is always going to pick the parent that serves cake for dinner 4 nights a week, not the one that promotes long term positive change/gov cleanout.

John Stewart. I, for one, am still able to look past someone’s politics, and he is one to stand up to politicians and throw a bucket of shame at them. Listen to this, guys. He’s standing up for veterans (something I don’t do enough, truth be told).

View: https://youtu.be/2uPqYhkIzrA

Hey! if this is between Jon and those scumbags in Washington that we call public servants I'll go with Jon.

f*** this dem sponsored bill and John Stewart.

This is just a simple way for the dems to pretend they give a shit about veterans and then weaponize it to make the repubs look like they don't care.

All this bill would do is make it so I could connect my laziness induced hypertension and my alcohol induced headaches just because I spent time in Iraq or Afghanistan.

Meh.

It's way simpler than that. NPC retards vote based on emo bullshit. Rand doesn't evoke emo bullshit. Rand is a guy that is not always going to tell NPC retards what they want to hear. He's not going to reduce himself to spaying hyperbole and grandiose claims. No npc wants to hear "sure we can clean house, but it's going to take a while." It’s like if you let a 5 yr old choose their parents. The 5 year old is always going to pick the parent that serves cake for dinner 4 nights a week, not the one that promotes long term positive change/gov cleanout.
True, that's part of what I lumped into "personality". You have to sell some snake oil to win the office. Cold hard truth is uncomfortable and the sheep don't want to hear it.

I'll take Ted Cruz for $200.

Stewart comes across as a total douche.
But Ted Cruz voted yes for the same bill in June this year. If you compare the bill in June and the bill a few days ago, the only difference is one paragraph about the tax treatment for the veterans' benefit. Doesn't seem like veterans did anything to Ted between June and now that could make him or some other republican senetors flip. Democrats might have. But why f*** veterans over?

from what I've read so far online the bill was not passed because it had a mega shit ton of bloat added to it. While it's a shame these veterans were not covered yet, it's par for the course with these people and should be expected.

It's how broken and dirty governments work.
And it is always in an election year. Now they can to use their pawns (us) to make each other look bad in the hope for votes.

But Ted Cruz voted yes for the same bill in June this year. If you compare the bill in June and the bill a few days ago, the only difference is one paragraph about the tax treatment for the veterans' benefit. Doesn't seem like veterans did anything to Ted between June and now that could make him or some other republican senetors flip. Democrats might have. But why f*** veterans over?

If you listen to the clip below it's more than a simple "one paragraph". But in any case, it appears that the bill in front of the Senate now is NOT the same as the bill voted on before.

Back
Top Bottom