Lights Out! Movie Teaser

So maybe a year ago, I pitched in a few bucks for the campaign to get this movie made. They have sent me some goofy little freebies (coin, sticker, etc...), but what I really want is to see the final movie.

This just came via email. It's a bit more than just a trailer, at around 6 minutes. It should be cool when this thing finall gets released. I'm not expecting any oscar-caliber performances, but hopefully it will be a close approximation of the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
That 6 minute clip was great!
I see the film 'is a short film saga' - do you have a feeling for how long in total it would be?
Look forward to it.

Which author/version is this? I did a quick amazon search for "Light's Out' and got a whole tangle of books.

I'll watch the movie too.

Lights Out: David Crawford: 9780615427355: Amazon.com: Books

Great read. It was available online as a pdf for quite a while, but I am not sure if you can still find it. It's a long book, but it's engaging and you get through it fast. It sets the bar for prepper fiction pretty high.

I save anything under 1k pages for airplane fodder.

edit: Just got it, 8 bucks for kindle. Done and done. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
I don't recall that scene in the book - I wonder how closely they'll follow the story line.

The closest thing it resembles in my recollection is the big fight at the end, although they took a huge amount of artistic license if that is supposed to be it. That looked like a random skirmish. Given how long the book is, and not knowing how well-funded the project is, I have no expectations with respect to what the screenplay will include or how closely it hews to the book.

I gotta admit though, I am a sucker for those kitchen counter mag loading scenes where no one talks because the pensive stares tell you everything you need to know.

The closest thing it resembles in my recollection is the big fight at the end, although they took a huge amount of artistic license if that is supposed to be it. That looked like a random skirmish. Given how long the book is, and not knowing how well-funded the project is, I have no expectations with respect to what the screenplay will include or how closely it hews to the book.

I gotta admit though, I am a sucker for those kitchen counter mag loading scenes where no one talks because the pensive stares tell you everything you need to know.

I was thinking it could have been modeled after the skirmish they have along the trail at the back of the subdivision with the MZBs where they end up using grenades to end the fight. But I don't remember the good guys having a 'fortified' position. I read the web page for the movie - it looks like David Crawford is involved, so hopefully it will be true to what he had envisioned.

I was thinking it could have been modeled after the skirmish they have along the trail at the back of the subdivision with the MZBs where they end up using grenades to end the fight. But I don't remember the good guys having a 'fortified' position. I read the web page for the movie - it looks like David Crawford is involved, so hopefully it will be true to what he had envisioned.

Didn't they build trenches and things that the MZBs had to get across. wonder if the river took the place of those

Back
Top Bottom