• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lighting for gun safes

See my correction in #25, tape doesn't work on the velour like surfaces in some safes.
Thanks for the follow-up. Yes, I found that the hook side of velcro won't grip the velour, either. I ended up screwing into the sheetrock to attach the brackets. Came out great for a total outlay of $65 for five fluorescent fixtures and a switch.

I use tap lights from the home depot. About $10 for 2.

Dave
To each his own, as they say. :) Mine lights up automatically when the door is opened and is like a bright refrigerator - but it is extravagant, I admit it. The only consolation is that I have the $350 fort Knox light set-up for $65 plus my labor.

Heres some pics of my setup. I have dual outlets in my safe here is the pic of the box that had on of the outlets and the proximity sensor. The sensor trips as soon as the door moves, even in complete darkness. My next improvement will be a smaller cleaner housing. The last pic is looking into the safe in total darkness to show the amount of lighting.
uploadfromtaptalk1362192353914.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362192362096.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1362192373669.jpg

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

Heres some pics of my setup. I have dual outlets in my safe here is the pic of the box that had on of the outlets and the proximity sensor. The sensor trips as soon as the door moves, even in complete darkness. My next improvement will be a smaller cleaner housing. The last pic is looking into the safe in total darkness to show the amount of lighting.
View attachment 56844
View attachment 56845
View attachment 56846

Sent from my mom's basement. Using Samsung GSIII

Looks great. I have the same metal shelf stock you have there on the sides. I also found wool fabric at the fabric store for new shelves and used 3m spray glue and workes awesome. I have the sensor light above that was mentioned. I have 2 and paid 20 bucks from amazon.

Back
Top Bottom