• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Light bearing holster

I am looking at a Raven Perun OWB holster for my m17. Does anyone know if said firearm will holster without my TLR-1 attached? I would like to have the option to holster the gun with and without the light attached if possible. Or will I have to look at buying two seperate holsters? Thanks.

I am looking at a Raven Perun OWB holster for my m17. Does anyone know if said firearm will holster without my TLR-1 attached? I would like to have the option to holster the gun with and without the light attached if possible. Or will I have to look at buying two seperate holsters? Thanks.

I believe yes. I have one out back. I'll let you know

It doesn’t have to be a concealment holster, but looks like the Safariland 7377 might fit the bill.

It doesn’t have to be a concealment holster, but looks like the Safariland 7377 might fit the bill.

The issue that you are running into comments that most kydex and injection moulded holsters without any kind of retention are using the light to hold the gun versus locking onto the ejection port or something like that. We use safari land for our guns, and I can confirm that I can use my gun without the light without any issues with my holster

The issue that you are running into comments that most kydex and injection moulded holsters without any kind of retention are using the light to hold the gun versus locking onto the ejection port or something like that. We use safari land for our guns, and I can confirm that I can use my gun without the light without any issues with my holster
Gotcha, so holsters with some sort of manual retention device will be those to look at if I want the option. I am sure i’ll end up with a bunch of them over time anyway. [laugh]

Buy a holster for when your pistol wears a light and one for when it doesnt. The result will be much better. Sub par retention isnt something you want for a loaded gun.

I have some bravo concealment holsters which are not the slickest rig, but do the job. They pretty much always have a bogo sale so you could pretty cheaply snap up a light bearing and nonlightbearing holster for like &50.

Ive got an p320 x5 with a tlr1 on it. I do NOT have a raven holster, but Ive got two custom (one owb and one iwb) holsters from a company called red river tactical. I can tell you my pistol doesn’t hold completely secure without the light. The girth of the lights body and bezel is a good portion of where the retention is held...... for my setup anyways. Ymmv.

Safari land is a nightmare if you don’t order exactly The correct model. I ordered one that I thought had the thumb break lock or whatever on it and it didn’t. Obviously I needed to do better homework but it can be misleading.

Thanks for the advice guys. I am new to the carry world so bear with me. Seems that I might be better off with two separate holsters though I am still leaning towards the Safariland 7377. How do you all feel about a manual locking system vs retention provided by the firearm and/or light itself?

Thanks for the advice guys. I am new to the carry world so bear with me. Seems that I might be better off with two separate holsters though I am still leaning towards the Safariland 7377. How do you all feel about a manual locking system vs retention provided by the firearm and/or light itself?

I carry exclusively with Raven Perun for my light bearing and non light bearing. If you are carrying concealed retention isn't needed. I love the Perun... a lot. Its draw and retention is perfect with both setups

I carry exclusively with Raven Perun for my light bearing and non light bearing. If you are carrying concealed retention isn't needed. I love the Perun... a lot. Its draw and retention is perfect with both setups

I also carry with the Perun for concealed carry.

I’m not carrying concealed for I still have a sporting restriction so this would be mainly for range training or when out in the woods. I should mention that I do currently have a Perun non-light bearing holster but was wondering if I should have returned it for the light bearing model. Since i’ve read awesome reviews on it and judging by the suggestions of @edmorseiii and yourself, I may just keep it.

I’m not carrying concealed for I still have a sporting restriction so this would be mainly for range training or when out in the woods. I should mention that I do currently have a Perun non-light bearing holster but was wondering if I should have returned it for the light bearing model. Since i’ve read awesome reviews on it and judging by the suggestions of @edmorseiii and yourself, I may just keep it.

I have a Perun for both the x300 and the G19/TLR7, they work well but I did have to add a second screw tensioner for my comfort on the retention. Once I did that, gtg. I carry the G19/TLR7 often this way.

I have a Perun for both the x300 and the G19/TLR7, they work well but I did have to add a second screw tensioner for my comfort on the retention. Once I did that, gtg. I carry the G19/TLR7 often this way.
Similar setup. Depending on work conditions and needs I alternate between this and a Phlster floodlight both for the X300. Obviously the Phlster is IWB so not included. The Perun is a great OWB holster though to anybody considering one, but doesn't need a Safariland. Still recommend anybody that has a gun get at least one holster on that level though.

Back
Top Bottom