Licensing Fees (when do they cash your check)

Simple question here, I renewed about 3 weeks ago and my check hasn't been processed yet. Do they generally deposit them right away or wait until approval/disapproval? Just curious thanks.

It varies. Towns don't "cash checks". The PD has to turn over the check to the town treasurer, with documentation as to the source and purpose of said payment. Town treasurer has to deposit said check to the town's account with attribution as to source and purpose of said deposit.

Some towns do it quickly, others wait days/weeks/months before they do all the paperwork and deposit them.

Date of cashing/depositing a check mean absolutely nothing in gov't terms.

BTW, it is an "application fee" . . . no refunds if you are denied (not likely unless you are a legally DQ'd person).

It depends on who processed the checks some cities and towns send all their tax fee processing to a centralized location drop box handled by private businesses. Even if its collected physically in the clerks office.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Anyone know of increased slow walking of renewals lately?

last year I got my ltc in 11 weeks , start to finish.

this year ,same town my brother is going on 4 months, no renewal processed yet.

FRB might have some extra apps to process due to election panic, but doubt that's causing the major slowdown. Someone from norwood got theirs in about a month recently and other's are waiting 3-6 months.
Maybe your town is short on staff or person in charged is gone, causing a backlog of apps.

They cashed the check yesterday and got the call today that the renewal is all set. I guess that answers that question..

Back
Top Bottom