License question for MA

With the acceptance of technology, I know you can show your fishing license to an EPO on your phone. Wanted to archery hunt in the morning in MA and don't have a paper copy, didn't know if you can archery hunt with an "e copy" of the license. Went to print out tonight and have no ink [crying]. Is it legal to hunt with the license on my phone and phone/online register my deer if I got one....including using my doe permit? Anyone have a similar experience hunting this way? Otherwise it's an evening stand.

Thanks for the replies, but for some reason I thought they let you call in a kill during archery in more recent years..not shotgun. My fault anyway, spent more time in NH and haven't been out in MA yet so I didn't print my license earlier.

Thanks for the replies, but for some reason I thought they let you call in a kill during archery in more recent years..not shotgun. My fault anyway, spent more time in NH and haven't been out in MA yet so I didn't print my license earlier.
Even if you can report it inline dont u still need the tag on the deer when transporting it?

When you log it online you need to write the code that the Mass fish hunt website gives you to the tag physically attached to the deer. I remember from the hunter ed class that you are required to.physically tag the deer once you retrieve it and before you start the field dressing.

You HAVE to have a paper copy of your license when deer hunting. That is actually written into the regulation on the topic. you're allowed to produce an electronic copy only when hunting game that does not require tagging the animal immediately after harvest. So turkey, whitetail and bear require a paper copy on the hunter..

Back
Top Bottom