• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

License denial case in Keene

Also, one can only hope that the (young, idealistic, full of piss and vinegar) Free Keene crowd will eventually grow up, and start acting like adults.

Another concern is more that there is a decidedly anarchistic bent to not only Free Keene, but also many others involved in the Free State Project. Their goal isn't a free state, it's no state.
Ah the slippery slope of freedom. You could end up more free than you would like to be!

Ah the slippery slope of freedom. You could end up more free than you would like to be!

That's not really the problem. The problem is more of a PR/identity issue. It's easier to sell people on minimizing government than eradicating it. It's a lot easier to deal with the "WHAT ABOUT MUH ROADS?" types when you don't have anarchists talking about banning public schools, etc, in the mix. I don't necessarily disagree with them but I also realize that most people will look at anarchos and an-caps and think they're COMPLETELY ****ing retarded. It's hard enough to get people to cross the bridge] to ANY kind of remotely libertarian ideals, let alone anarchism.

If liberty minded folks want to pull joe average away from the two party system, going full retard probably isn't the best way to do it.

-Mike

There's beliefs, there is acting on your beliefs, and there's being a total a**hole while acting on your beliefs. I agree with their principles, but some of the core of CopBlock and Free Keene always seems to go full retard.

I'm not going to say the most visible participants in Keene are agents provocateur, but for many of them, the "game" is just as much about ego as it is about "the cause". If you have any doubt, just look at the smile on Derrick's face as he is arrested:
35d9kcp.jpg

Either he is having fun goading authority, he has a secret fetish for women in uniform, or both.

As someone that had to fight tooth and nail for his P&R license, this decision personally disgusts me. Although, Nappen didn't help with the BS he started pinning someones rights on the back of a form not encoded in the law. This seems like retaliation and continuation of the BS Nappen and his ilk started.

On a side note.....I'd love to blow one across both of them, preferably at the same time. [smile]

There's beliefs, there is acting on your beliefs, and there's being a total a**hole while acting on your beliefs. I agree with their principles, but some of the core of CopBlock and Free Keene always seems to go full retard.

I'm not going to say the most visible participants in Keene are agents provocateur, but for many of them, the "game" is just as much about ego as it is about "the cause". If you have any doubt, just look at the smile on Derrick's face as he is arrested:
35d9kcp.jpg

Either he is having fun goading authority, he has a secret fetish for women in uniform, or both.

i would have a smile too if my right elbow was where his was...

Also, one can only hope that the (young, idealistic, full of piss and vinegar) Free Keene crowd will eventually grow up, and start acting like adults.

Another concern is more that there is a decidedly anarchistic bent to not only Free Keene, but also many others involved in the Free State Project. Their goal isn't a free state, it's no state.

Some would say that no state = liberty. but no state /= anarchy

Whats wrong with not having a state?

Realistically there will always need to be some kind of organization for national defense, and a court system.

If you have a court system, both enforcement of the civil and criminal side will only work if backed up with overwhelming force. A court order is only as good as the force used to back it up.

Generically speaking, the entity that organizes and sanctions the use of force to back up court orders is known as "the state". Without the state, courts are as useless as a UN tribunal.

Last edited:
If you have a court system, both enforcement of the civil and criminal side will only work if backed up with overwhelming force. A court order is only as good as the force used to back it up.

Generically speaking, the entity that organizes and sanctions the use of force to back up court orders is known as "the state". Without the state, courts are as useless as a UN tribunal.

Stop, you are confusing the "anarchists". They think we are afraid of liberty, but I say it is them who are afraid of reality.

Back
Top Bottom