Liberty Safes?

Anybody have any opinion on the quality of the Liberty Safe line? Not the Fat Boy or whatever they're called, but one of the traditional, e.g. Colonial, Franklin, Lincoln, etc. branded safes?

I've owned one for years got it from Eastern Safe.

Worked a deal at the Big E gun show bought and had them drop it off on their way home from the show.

Its been fine, no problems weighs over 500 pounds empty, real heavy when full.

Quality seems to be fine never a problem and still looks good as new.

I can tell you this from my own opinion, since starting to own firearms my worse fear is having a fire with stored ammo. Not really just cause of this state but just in general for the safety of the first responders, I for one would fell really bad if some ammo had killed or hurt some unsuspecting firefighter responding to my house. Then especially you know how that would turn out here in this state, I would have my license taken away and stuff confiscated if any survived, then would be in an uphill battle against shady lawyers that would make me seem like some crazy gun nut. So if you can afford it, maybe just get the biggest one you can cause they can and will fill up faster than you think.

Just my thoughts though, and I purchased mine through this company below, got a great deal on it cause it was an older model but still has the 45 min fire rating.
http://www.patriotsafe.com/Gun-Safes_c_56.html

Charles.

I'm more worried about theft than fire, although the odds suggest otherwise. I'm thinking ammo remain in ammo cans, or put into a cheap Sentry-brand safe or something.

Yes, I plan on getting something very large. Only problem is convincing the missus that we need to spend $3,000 on a safe. [wink]

I've got one. It is decent as far as it goes. The biggest issue is typically the thickness of the sides. On cheaper safes (from any manufacturer), the sides may be 10 gauge steel, which can be attacked with an ax and crow bar.

I've had one for years. It's a decent safe, but by no means a "high security" container. The sides, top, etc. are 10ga, and I have doubts about "real" protection in a hot fire. Any safes you buy in that price range have similar construction, so it is what it is. The sides of these safes are easily breached with a drill, torch, or any saw with a metal cutting blade. I have mine in a location where access to the sides is impossible. ALL of the safes are like this, and I'm just pointing out they are NOT bank vaults, so anyone unaware, knows what they are getting.

You will pay dearly if you want 1/4" construction, or greater.

Back
Top Bottom