Liberal Layoffs

Chris said:
Seems the NY Times (Owner of the Boston Globe and Worcester Telegram and Gazzette) has to lay off workers due to a drop in advertising and circulation declines.

Couldn't have anything to do with their exceedingly liberal slant and the slow move towards the right by the voting majority, could it?

Well, considering that various polls keep showing that people are trusting the media less and less, yeah, I think.

It's finally catching up with them.

FINALLY maybe just maybe this will show the media they need to print the real true news story and not just some Liberal left opinions, but sometimes those libral opinions are so far out there it is just funny to read, and almost a comic strip.

dwarven1 said:
Well, considering that various polls keep showing that people are trusting the media less and less, yeah, I think.

It's finally catching up with them.

That was exactly what I meant. The time of the sheeple believing the media is coming to a close. The more intelligent folks have left them already. Sure we watch the evening news, but we take it with a "grain of salt", about a 5 pound bag, actually.

"Don't get stuck on stupid." Smartest thing I've heard an officer say in ages.

I wonder if he was ever a protege of Gen Don Infante (AKA "The Screaming Greek")? Finest officer I ever have known, a waste of a perfect Command Sergeant Major (he would've made a good one), and that's the finest compliment I can give to an officer.

Chris said:
Seems the NY Times (Owner of the Boston Globe and Worcester Telegram and Gazzette) has to lay off workers due to a drop in advertising and circulation declines.

Why those greedy, heartless capitalist bastards! Putting workin people out of jobs just so that they can protect their profits. Are their weekend homes in Montauk or East Hampton more important than the ability of hard working men and women to feed and clothe their children? Where are the protests? Where are the unions? Where's the liberal outrage at this exploitation?[roll]

Yeah, right.

Ken

You can probably tell from my handle

That I have spent quite a bit of time in "the media."
I wish I could tell you that this cold splash of water in their faces would actually wake them up to what is going on in the country. Unfortunately, it won't happen. These people are totally delusional. If anything, they will become even more resolute in their hatred for anything to the right of Karl Marx. They also have a martyr complex and really don't care if they go down with the ship for a "just" cause. I'm out of it now, but I can tell you that the very few conservatives in the mainstream media keep their mouths shut for fear of the consequences. Most of them have families and mortgages and as we know, there is nothing on this earth as mean and hateful as a compassionate liberal.
Anyway, I don't usually chime in on these things. I really hope everyone is right that this is some kind of a death knell, but knowing them as I do, I doubt it. Anyway, for whatever it is worth. I for one, am going to the gun show!

They'll only give up when they're out of work and can't get a job in media any more. The readers/listeners/watchers are the true bosses. They're the ones that buy the products advertised by the media. When the advertisers leave, due to low numbers of viewers, there is no money to do business.

Back
Top Bottom