LHR Redemption Muzzleloaders - who's using one

Is anyone hunting with one of these muzzleloaders from the former employees of Thompson Center before smith bought them. I am in the market for a new muzzleloader and from all accounts this seems like a nice route to go. Anyone have any experience with these. Thanks

Last edited:
I have one. It was a gift from the groom to me for being best man. Awesome gift, even better rifle.

The exterior threads are sooo nice. My buddy was drooling as I was able to field swab my barrel in between each shot while we were sighting our stuff in. I am very impressed with the overall quality of the gun and the engineering that went into it. The move of threads from inside to outside seems like such a simple idea I can't believe someone hadn't done it sooner.

I shot it today for the first time and took about 10 shots. I was running a patch through between each shot with the brass jag since we were sighting in. My loads were 100-110grn of blackhorn 209. I am using Hornady XTP Mags, 300grn pistol rounds in crush rib sabots with a 209 primer. I couldn't be happier. My first 3 shots were stacked through each other. I adjusted the scope, next 2 were stacked but closer. Adjusted. The last 5 pretty much went through the same hole. Tight rifle and the scope package they offer is pretty good. Buy the loose primer adapter and send in for the free fiber optic sights once you buy it.

The only issue I had was how long it took to fully clean when I got home. I must have run 400 patches through it to get all the crap out of the barrel. My first 2 shots were delayed meaning click...boom. I don't think the round was fully seated, so maybe this caused the powder to foul more than usual. I was not using a foaming cleaner but I probably will next time. The armonite is "supposed" to make cleaning easier, I'll follow up after my next round with it.

I have nothing else to say, great rifle and I recommend it to anyone.

Back
Top Bottom