• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

LGS checking trigger before allowing a transfer

Wow really!, that sounded like Village Sports type shit. Wonder if they got "in trouble" or something and are gun shy now.

Damn man, we runnin outta good shops in the pit region!

Went to transfer a M&P Shield today to someone at a LGS. Brought gun in and guy behind the counter dry fired the gun and said this trigger has been changed. No longer Mass compatible. Cannot be transferred. WTF?

Lol thats cmr 940. It behooves you to find a dealer that doesn't care.

ETA: if they did not warn you about this, ahead of time then that's pretty shitty customer service....

Part of the problem is you guys are in a gun desert down there. Most of the shops down there are hot garbage. I would look for someone smaller, that does
transfers mostly. They are not going to give a shit.
I should have asked what his trigger test is for 1911s, Sigs and Revolvers.

Part of the problem is you guys are in a gun desert down there. Most of the shops down there are hot garbage. I would look for someone smaller, that does
transfers mostly. They are not going to give a shit.

You're not wrong. lol I'm from fall river and the one place I would have recommended doesn't seem to exist anymore. There was a place on 138 near the somerset/dighton line, I could swear the name was Carl's something or other. I never had a bad experience there. All the other shops in the area were shit for one reason or another or are closed now.

Went to transfer a M&P Shield today to someone at a LGS. Brought gun in and guy behind the counter dry fired the gun and said this trigger has been changed. No longer Mass compatible. Cannot be transferred. WTF?

Step 1: Tell us who the shop is
Step 2: NES boycott
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit!

As already mentioned, walk away and never go back. But if you want a basis of argument...

So trigger pull comes into play because of 940CMR16, specifically 16.05(2) which states "It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun."

Of course the 10lb trigger pull is just one way to satisfy this requirement. If the shield in question has a manual safety, then it meets the "5 yr old rule". You could always whip out the CMR and point out they are idiots if the shield has a manual safety. Then still walk out and never go back.

LOL, the guy must be raking in so much dough he doesn't need your money!

How f***ing stupid.

As already mentioned, walk away and never go back. But if you want a basis of argument...

So trigger pull comes into play because of 940CMR16, specifically 16.05(2) which states "It shall be an unfair or deceptive practice for a handgun-purveyor to transfer or offer to transfer to any customer located within the Commonwealth any handgun which does not contain a mechanism which effectively precludes an average five year old child from operating the handgun when it is ready to fire; such mechanisms shall include, but are not limited to: raising trigger resistance to at least a ten pound pull, altering the firing mechanism so that an average five year old child's hands are too small to operate the handgun, or requiring a series of multiple motions in order to fire the handgun."

Of course the 10lb trigger pull is just one way to satisfy this requirement. If the shield in question has a manual safety, then it meets the "5 yr old rule". You could always whip out the CMR and point out they are idiots if the shield has a manual safety. Then still walk out and never go back.
Did have safety and isn’t there a provision for used guns in the 940? And I pointed out the safety after the idiot dry fired it without asking me first.

Wow. I’ve always had good experiences there. Wonder what changed?
They sell guns right? They sell and install trigger springs right!
Surprised. Was it Mark or someone else?

Back
Top Bottom