LGBT protest NRA discount through Fedex

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/2016/12/fedex_discount_for_nra_members.html

A coalition of gay-rights and gun-control activists is taking on FedEx Corp. for discounts it offers to members of the National Rifle Association, targeting the global shipper during the peak of the holiday season.

The group is launching an online campaign and plans protests on Wednesday at FedEx retail stores in Denver; Atlanta; Memphis, Tennessee; and Orlando, Florida, said Igor Volsky, director of Guns Down, a Washington-based group that advocates for fewer guns in the U.S. and is one of 10 participating organizations. A Dec. 7 letter to the company got no response, he said. FedEx didn't immediately respond to a request for comment.

I almost appreciate them bringing this to my attention. Any idea how to get the discount applied when shipping a package?

I dunno about the NRA discount but I will check on that when I have time. I do know that creating an online account with FedEx so you can pay online and print out the shipping label saves a lot over just showing up at FedEx with the package and paying there.

BTW, why is the LGBT upset about guns and the NRA? There are LGBT people who shoot guns and are NRA members, they are not being excluded.

I see the connection with the anti-gun group's stupidity here but the LGBT and lots of other leftist/snowflake groups are just looking dumber and dumber every day with this mindless crying with no logic behind it.

Last edited:
BTW, why is the LGBT upset about guns and the NRA? There are LGBT people who shoot guns and are NRA members, they are not being excluded.

1. Culture/issue bundling. LGBTQ rights and gun control go together in the Democratic Party's platform.

2. Keeping us LGBTQ people as a perpetual "victim class".

1. Culture/issue bundling. LGBTQ rights and gun control go together in the Democratic Party's platform.

2. Keeping us LGBTQ people as a perpetual "victim class".

The Democratic party is the biggest bunch of bigots I've ever seen. Repressing minorities, lgbtq, blacks, and social welfare all to farm votes. If those groups would stand up for themselves and realize the irony of it all, this country would be a much much different place. JMHO

The Democratic party is the biggest bunch of bigots I've ever seen. Repressing minorities, lgbtq, blacks, and social welfare all to farm votes. If those groups would stand up for themselves and realize the irony of it all, this country would be a much much different place. JMHO

Agreed. The Dems tell these groups they aren't good enough, they can't possibly make it on their own without handouts and special treatment. How insulting, patronizing and condescending does it get? And yet these groups continue to vote blue. I don't get it unless they deep down believe that they aren't good enough and can't make it on their own. Sad if they think that because it's not true.

Wasn't aware of the discount. Pretty cool that a company that big offers it with all the bad press the left pushes on the NRA..

I cant keep up with the acronyms. What is the "Q" in LGBTQ? The others are pretty obvious but I have no clue on it.

Didn't you hear? The NRA is trying to get them all corralled, locked up and executed. To save the bathrooms, ya'know.

It is pretty stupid. Gets some sympathy for the NRA tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Wasn't aware of the discount. Pretty cool that a company that big offers it with all the bad press the left pushes on the NRA..

I cant keep up with the acronyms. What is the "Q" in LGBTQ? The others are pretty obvious but I have no clue on it.

Queer. But Queer isn't gay. It isn't even a preference. It's a "feeeeeeeling." You feel more flamboyant.

Honestly. I kid you not. I think I'm a DHANHAGTIMLBTHCKIC.

"Definitely Hetero And Never Had A Gay Thought In My Life, But Two Hot Chicks Kissing Is Cool." I want my own bathroom, dammit!

It must be those new Queer Killer guns the NRA is pushing. They have built in gaydar and when a homosexual person is in range the gun automatically fires a guided gay seeking bullet. Once it acquires the gay target it tracks it, turns corners, avoids obstacles, etc. until the gay target is destroyed. C'mon, this is just stupid.

For discounts available to NRA members go online to NRA.org/FiveStarBenefits. Discounts on a lot of things including firearm and self defense insurance hearing aids cars etc. Vendors also pay royalties on member purchases back to NRA which raised nearly $18M last year for the cause.

I wasn't aware of this but would support FedEx because of it. I would even write a letter of support. I like to support American companies who support American ideals.
Should read.. Supports the rights of all Americans !

It is frightening how true Loki's words really are. People WANT to be ruled over. They don't want freedom. Freedom requires work and discernment. People are averse to both when it has no direct benefit to them personally. We have not come very far from the animal world. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
What the kind of beef do LGBT folks have with the NRA?
I would advocate for more LGBT (or any minority group) becoming gun owners (which I think is already happening).
Feeling oppressed? vulnerable? threatened? Level the playing field and arm yourself!
It's about time that liberals wake the f**k up and embrace their liberty instead of demanding to give it up.

Last edited:
when they say something about you is protesting, when you say something about them it's discrimination. My experience with all the lgbt folks, they are bunch of self centered, judgemental, wannabes.

Could be legit, could be astroturf .
Here's your twenty and your sign, if a reporter asks , your a gay person who hates guns.

There is an obvious distinction between lbgt people who are against guns,
and people who are against guns who are gay, and have the audacity to believe they speak for everyone who is gay.

Ill think for myself, diesel dyke , thank you.

Eta: ok, I see the Nola paper lazy bastards just copied and pasted the article from....

BLOOMBERG fake news.

More cyber bulling from the billionaire bully.

Last edited:
Because the NRA hates the gays or something? Did I miss that part of the mission statement when I signed up as a member? Are they going to kick me out if I don't? What about the club I belong to, which hosts the Pink Pistols? Are we no longer allowed to be affiliated since we promote gun ownership and 2A rights for everyone?

I think it's partly bundling as someone said where a lot of gay people (in major cities mostly I would guess) just identify with the leftist/democrat platform as a whole and tend to internalize all their talking points but also seems like a lot of gay people were reacting to Orlando by saying that the NRA is an enabler of people using guns against them. Totally ignoring the fact that it was a muslim attacking them.

I asked a couple of gay people about this, they say it's "Questioning."

I guess it makes sense, queer is a bit repetitive with the G and the L right in there.

So, do I have this right ?

this combined group , wants us to believe that guns in general and the NRA in particular
is directly responsible for a Muslim terrorist that commits a religious act of hate on a Florida nite clubs
clients?

really?

So, do I have this right ?

this combined group , wants us to believe that guns in general and the NRA in particular
is directly responsible for a Muslim terrorist that commits a religious act of hate on a Florida nite clubs
clients?

really?

That is, in fact, the idea.

The theory is that due to the NRA's continued opposition to universal background checks and assault weapons bans, the NRA is responsible for putting AR-15s into the hands of shooters at Sandy Hook, San Bernardino, and Orlando.

Never mind that the Sandy Hook shooter *stole* his firearms. Or that the Orlando shooter was the poster boy for background checks--he was licensed to work armed security in Florida, which is far stricter than the background check simply to get CCW in FL. Nope, all the NRA's fault.

Back
Top Bottom