1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

LGBT Pride Flag Replaces POW Flag at Vietnam Memorial

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fishfinder, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Dadstoys

Dadstoys NES Member

Of course there were.
    Would you say where they stuck their peckers was more important than their service ?
    I'm sure there may have been some who were into S&M too.
    Should we take down the POW/MIA flag and put up one with a ball gag and riding crop ?
    Making it about someone's sexual preference over what they accomplished and sacrificed is a despicable cheapening of who they were and what they did.

wegman, commodon, Radtekk and 6 others like this.

2. cams

cams NES Member

^^^ Outstanding post.

wegman, Radtekk, M60 and 2 others like this.
  3. wilson911

wilson911

Point taken. How about if they restricted flying the LGBT flag to "Navy Only" monuments?

tuna likes this.
  4. 10thSFFD

10thSFFD NES Member

We should learn from LGBT community!

Were is our flag? How come we do not see it everywhere? We are also a minority! We do not see it because we are $htg in our pants every time somebody points in our direction. We have mortgages to pay! So do they! Learn from them and stop bitching!

By the way, many of them had different orientations for ages, we just did not know about it.
    Prince Eugene of Savoy - Wikipedia

Don't be stupid and get outraged just because you can't fight for your own. We need LGBT in our corner!

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  5. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Where are the LGBT NESers and why are they not providing any insight on this subject? Reminds me a little bit like those awfully quiet peaceful muslims...

6. M60

M60 NES Member

skysoldier knows a couple of them where he lives, but they leave dog poop on his lawn. Do they still count?

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
    10thSFFD likes this.
  7. cams

cams NES Member

I can’t agree with this post. The NES’ers that’re gay are probably gritting their teeth wanting this to go away quietly because that’s not who they are and not how they feel and I won’t disparage them because of who they choose to love, that’s their business and as Americans they’re free to make that decision, as any human should be. Much like the majority of the anti cop postings, you can’t blanket them all or you’re selling yourself short of knowing good decent people who smartly choose to not be pigpiled online.

10thSFFD likes this.
  8. smokey-seven

smokey-seven NES Member

These idiots were so very wrong on all fronts. They have the Stars and Stripes on the wrong side, it flies to the left or when standing facing the crowd, the flag is to the right. The center pole is for the POW MIA flag. The State flag flies to the far right with three pols and ANYTHING else, below the state flag.

If you missed my post on how to fold the USMC flag, here it is, page 1, last post:
    My friend, a Marine

These instructions apply from a view point of the majority looking at the flagpoles.

1. If flying the flag from ONE flag pole, the POW/MIA flag is flown directly below the United States flag and above any state flag.
    2. If flying the United States, POW/MIA and State flags from TWO flag poles, the POW/MIA flag should be flown beneath the United States flag, with the state flag flying from the pole to the right.
    3. If flying flags from THREE flag poles of equal height, the National Colors occupy the place of prominence (the left), with the POW/MIA flag immediately to the right of the US Flag, and the state flag to the right of the POW/MIA flag.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
  9. Nick Fury

Nick Fury

Good issue you raise but it does not make what I said inaccurate.

This whole LGBQ obsession has gone way overboard... Said no homosexual ever.

That is the point I make.