1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

LGBT Pride Flag Replaces POW Flag at Vietnam Memorial

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Fishfinder, Jun 12, 2019.

1. commodon

commodon NES Member

We're actually dealing with this exact issue in Foxboro right now, as follows:

FOXBOROUGH, MA — The following letter to the editor is from Ronald Rogers, of the Access to Public Lands and Waters, a nonprofit group in Foxborough. The letter was also sent to the selectmen and requests that the New England Patriots flag flown below the U.S. flag in the Foxborough Common be taken down:

From Opinion: Take Down Patriots Flag Flown Below U.S. Flag In Foxboro

EMTDAD likes this.

2. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

N of the Rebublic. SE of Alba and W of Ling Ling
  3. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA NES Member

Ya know, it's Trump's birthday next month. I think we should replace all the flags in the Capitol to MAGA flags. In honor of our CIC.

What total moronic toolbags.

4. GomerPile

GomerPile

Flying a pats flag below the American flag is not an issue....I did not know there was such a detailed flag code. Here is what I found:

The American Flag may be displayed with other flags as long as its display follows the rules specified by the Flag Code. These rules were set to make sure the American Flag is in a position of prominence over other flags. The flag represents the government of the United States, and on American soil, the government is the highest authority. The American flag is even displayed above church flags, except in rare instances.

The Rules:

• When displayed with other flags, the size of the American Flag should be larger than the other flags or relatively equal to the size of the largest flag. Other flags should not overshadow the American Flag in any way.
    • The American Flag should be flown higher than lesser flags. If the flags are displayed on the same level, the American Flag should be flown to the (flag's own) right of all other flags. The right is a position of prominence.
    • If the flags of other nations are displayed with the American Flag, they should be of equal size and at equal heights on separate staffs at a time of peace. The American Flag should be displayed to the (flag's own) right but not higher than other national flags.
    • In a group of state, local and/or society flags, the American Flag should be flown highest and in the center.
    • The American Flag should be hoisted first and lowered last, when flown with other flags on adjacent staffs.
    • When the American Flag is displayed against a wall with another flag, it should be on the (flag's own) right with its staff in front of the other flag.
    • Another nation's flag shouldn't be displayed on the same halyard as the American Flag.
    • If a state, local or society flags are flown on the same halyard with the American Flag, the American Flag should be at the top.
    • If the American Flag is carried in a procession with other flags, it should be to its own right or in the center of a line of flags.

Exceptions to the Rules:

• In any nation the national flag must be placed in a place of prominence. The flag code only applies to flags flown on American soil.
    • In foreign waters or to salute a foreign country, the U.S. Navy may fly the country's national flag on the masthead of the ship. This is not a violation of the flag code because the code only applies to civilians (not the Navy), and also because the stern and gaff of a ship are more prominent positions to fly a flag.
    • A church pennant may be flown above the American Flag if a church service is done by naval chaplains at sea for personnel of the Navy. After the service is over, the American Flag must again be placed in the prominent position.
    • The United Nations' headquarters may fly the flags of all 188 member nations in alphabetical order. Although it is technically located within the United States (banks of the East River in Manhattan), the headquarters is owned by all the members of the United Nations, so it is not considered to be American soil.

5. EMTDAD

EMTDAD

depends.. do you consider it "advertising"..

4 U.S. Code § 8 - Respect for flag
    (i)
    The flag should never be used for advertising purposes in any manner whatsoever. It should not be embroidered on such articles as cushions or handkerchiefs and the like, printed or otherwise impressed on paper napkins or boxes or anything that is designed for temporary use and discard. Advertising signs should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the flag is flown.

GomerPile likes this.
  6. Bob P

Bob P NES Member

The local idiot politicians did something stupid. The public called them on it and they stopped. It’s a win. You can never stop watching your politicians because when you look away they rob you blind. It’s always been like that and it always will be like that because to get into office you have to be the kind of person willing to sacrifice everything including your morals to win - so you can’t trust ANY of them. This is nothing new.

BBQ.Uncle and mibro like this.
  7. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

Don't they realize that gays only make up less than 3% of the population?

8. tuna

tuna NES Member

They’re saying it’s advertising. I guess you could see it that way, but you’d really have to be looking sideways to see it, and I hate the Patriots.

As for the rainbow flag, it’s legal, I don’t like it but it’s legal. Id rather see DTOM or POW/MIA flags.

MAGA would violate the Hatch Act while Trump is president. After he wins the 2020 race, it would be good for his next four years.

9. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

When it comes to lbgtxyz stuff, they think the rules don't apply to them.
    They weren't denied the flying of the flag, in fact they were told they could fly it anywhere else at the embassy, inside or out, but that wasn't good enough for them.

U.S. embassies defy State Department and continue to rock the Pride flag

"U.S. embassies have flown the Pride flag throughout the past decade. In 2011, the Obama administration actually directed embassies to celebrate LGBTQ pride in some form or fashion. Embassies would typically submit requests to their chief of mission/head ambassador to fly Pride flags outside their buildings, and their requests were historically approved."

"Last year, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo changed the approval process so that every embassy had to submit their requests through the State Department. This year, every request sent to the State Department to fly these flags was rejected.

Some embassies, however, continued to fly flags and show other displays of Pride in a brave display of solidarity."

smokey-seven likes this.
  10. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

thIE7YQ6MR.jpg

11. cams

cams NES Member

Disgusting. Not the fact that they’re gay, or they want attention or whatever, but that has no place on hallowed ground.

I couldn’t care less if someone is gay or not, keep your shit in line and act like normal respectful people, and all would be fine. But they have their own far left factions who continually push and shove and cry and your everyday joe is sick of it all.

These people just can’t get along in society acting normally so they (the crazy ones) need to feel victimized on a daily basis and somehow be in the news as oppressed peoples or they’ll drift off into obscurity.

12. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

Well said Sir!

M60 likes this.
  13. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

disgusting....whoever made the decision should be fired.

and even if you add ringlets to fly 2 flags on one pole, I still don't think the gov't should be flying flags about sexuality. I'm so sick of all this LGBTQRISIALKCNSAOSLA2 bullshit.

14. cams

cams NES Member

I remember some years ago I was sitting at Gov Center having some coffee and watching the girls walk by on my lunch break. I looked up to see that the beautiful Old Glory had been replaced with a rainbow “American” flag. If I could’ve shimmied up that pole with a zippo, man was I pissed. Dumped my coffee and left.

How would any American not think that that is one of the most disrespectful things you could ever do.

xtry51, ISOTOX and M60 like this.
  15. jhblaze1

jhblaze1

democrats hate america.

ISOTOX, BarnBuilder and cams like this.
  16. commodon

commodon NES Member

And therein lies the argument made by many persons that the Patriots flag does not represent a symbol or emblem for a country. That it represents a symbol and/or emblem of a commercial organization. Hence it should not be fastened to a staff or halyard from which the U.S. flag is flown.

EMTDAD likes this.
  17. wilson911

wilson911

Have we confirmed that there were absolutely no LGBT American soldiers that died in Vietnam?

18. Squire

Squire NES Member

As a supplement to POWMIA, I could buy that. But not instead of.

Pride flags primarily represent a political faction at this point, arguably radicalized, and displays are meant to intimidate outsiders for their non-Prideness.

I'm very glad that Adam and Steve can get married, as two consenting adults, and I also believe in their Free Speech. But like dispalys of Confederate flags, offesnsive Free Speech is contreoversial.

The flag should not be flown in any official capacity unless there is equal opportunity for other ploitical factions, no matter how offensive.

commodon and ISOTOX like this.
  19. Radtekk

Radtekk NES Member

Anybody remember this guy? Yeah, it's a little different, but you get the idea. And anybody that says the POW/MIA flag wasn't "replaced" by the pride flag needs to get a dictionary out. And want a gay memorial? Go ahead, HAVE one. Making a memorial to combat troops a memorial to gays is just wrong. Just like it would be if next week they make it a memorial to Jews. Or Blacks. Or any other particular "group". Combat troops are combat troops. They are NOT hyphenated.

And now, to the tape...

View: https://youtu.be/f3HVaC_czx4?t=15

20. M60

M60 NES Member

A fag flag instead of a vet flag in a vet park. WTF! If they want it so bad, let them earn the spot like we did. How about a special fag draft directly into a combat zone so they can see first hand just how that spot on the flagpole is earned. The spot on the flagpole aint cheap you rainbow idiots.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019
  21. M60

M60 NES Member

Bull crap. As a supplement to POW/MIA my ass. Get your own fag park and fly your fag flag there. Man does this piss me off. Take my bump stock. fine. Take my vet flag. Bend over and kiss your ass good bye.

426wedge and DitchDigger like this.
  22. M60

M60 NES Member

Either way it wouldn't justify replacing a vet flag with a fag flag.

23. M60

M60 NES Member

Pick me Pick me

24. wilson911

wilson911

I respect what you say. But I get annoyed when I see the blue stripe through the American flag, much as would swing a rainbow stripe through a Vietnam vets flag. But I wouldnt want to displace the vets flag either. I'm just saying there were definitely some LGBT soldiers in Vietnam, and it's ok to honor their identity and sacrifice.

smokey-seven likes this.
  25. jpk

jpk

ISOTOX likes this.
  26. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

thMVJF95LU.jpg Your silly....

27. cams

cams NES Member

This again, is just more “look at me I’m different and you to need to kiss my ass because of it BS”.

I’m sure there have been gay soldiers who fought valiantly since the start of time. Hell I may have fought with some of them and not even known it, nor would I have much cared as long as you pull your weight and weren’t a f***ing special flower full of drama and demands. That’s not the place for any of that crap. The .mil is not a f***ing democracy nor would it ever survive as one.

Straight or gay, they are soldiers, they aren’t “straight soldiers” and they aren’t “gay soldiers”, they’re just soldiers, not pawns in some leftists tool box who has never carried a rifle and just wants to stir shit up.

Taking it a step further, even if, several of them were high stepping flaming limp wrists, you do not honor anybody by removing history.

That history, in this case the POW/MIA Flag, is the reminder that 10’s of thousands of our own people (straight or gay IDGAF) never returned home after being brave enough to step up on the painted footprints, and whose families never received a true accounting of what happened to their loved ones.

That is all that matters. That POW/MIA Flag should never be moved from where it belongs, gently resting and protected by Old Glory above or beside it.

You cannot honor them if you forget them, and this, is forgetting them (albeit however briefly) for politics sake, is f***ing shameful.

dingbat, Radtekk, H-minus and 3 others like this.
  28. Fishfinder

Fishfinder

There were representatives from many groups who died in vietnam. We can't have a separate flag honoring all of them never mind what is probably the smallest group.

29. ISOTOX

ISOTOX NES Member

30. DitchDigger

DitchDigger NES Member

What’s ur point ?
    Fly every flag on the planet over the POW flag just cuz
    I don’t think you have an understanding of Common Bond

ISOTOX likes this.