Lexington Police getting shooting range for 3.7 to 4.9 Million

Man, the list of palms being greased and kickbacks in that deal would be very interesting.

I wonder if all the good Lexington libtards will be calling in noise complaints like their bretheren do at every other range in the state?

For those thinking "it ain't MY tax money", part of the money will come from the MSP grant which is state taxes. So yes, you're paying for it.

I love how the police chief said he doesnt expect to use militarized weapons at the new range, just pistols and patrol rifles. this mean Lexington PD agrees that calling ARs "weapons of war" is ridiculous and that they are not "militarized" weapons?

I love how the police chief said he doesnt expect to use militarized weapons at the new range, just pistols and patrol rifles. this mean Lexington PD agrees that calling ARs "weapons of war" is ridiculous and that they are not "militarized" weapons?
Interesting catch. The Chief actually told the town that if they passed a proposed ordinance banning "assault weapons" he would be unable to enforce it, so he recommended against passage.

When I own it is an AR15 ASSAULT RIFLE, weapon of mass destruction, military weapon designed to kill maximum people but when the Police own the same thing it is "patrol rifle".

From now on when anybody asks me if I own an AR15 or an Assault Rifle I am going to say no, I own a "patrol rifle".

I wonder how this got passed with it being right next to the Minuteman bike path. I'm amazed people didn't lose their sh*t over this.
They've been shooting in this location (the lexington dump) for years. I think (speculate) they invite other towns to use the range too. On some days the firing volume seems like they either have 20+ people on the line doing mag dumps, or 5 going full auto.

As for passing.... I'm sure that many palms were greased.

Funded by taxpayers, when would town constituents get to use the range? They get to use space in schools and municipal buildings as they pay for those as well.

Look at 7:39 of the video. Seems to mention getting additional annual income from 30 to 50 "members", whatever that means. Crazy pricing. $3-5k/year. WTF? Who's going to pay that?

I don't understand why a bunch of police department can't just use one range in a centrally located area....then just fractionally pay for use... looks like a waste of resources to me. Oh wait that makes too much sense....

Might as well do it in Devens or New Braintree (state police training place).

The place will look like Iraq in short order.
The only thing safe will be the targets.
I still remember going up to BOB's one time and there were skips down the wall, and the floor and the air ducts over head were full of holes.
I asked Jim WTF ? and he just rolled his eyes and said "Cops"

I don't understand why a bunch of police department can't just use one range in a centrally located area....then just fractionally pay for use... looks like a waste of resources to me. Oh wait that makes too much sense....
I thought the same. Isnt the sig academy trying to be the go to place for leo training too?

I thought the same. Isnt the sig academy trying to be the go to place for leo training too?

There are a lot of places that have suitable facilities, some already owned by the state or some other .gov entity. Most of the PDs are probably too flinty on a micro level. They don't want to pay people OT to go to a range further away, etc.

To be fair, when some nutjob Harvard Professor wanted to ban all semi-autos in Lexington in 2016, the Chief spoke up that it was a state matter, not necessary for those he licensed, and that it would be impossible for his department to enforce. Then Healey did her virtue signalling, gang initiation for a Clinton cabinet spot, and it kind of became moot.

These municipal bureacrats need to be taught that the taxpayer is not a bottomless pit and that the town does not always need the latest and greatest. Police especially like to have all the latest toys. Goes along with them all having the same buzzcut hair. Just little boys who never grew up and take solace in the company of other sensitive little boys.

Not that theres anything wrong with those people.

Wow, do they REALLY have the gut for that kind of spending after this spring?

I agree that the taxpayers should insist it be open to residents as well.

Back
Top Bottom