Lexington man "charged with being a career criminal"

Mike S

NES Member
Last edited:
"possession of a large capacity weapon, possession of a large capacity feeding device." None of those things are real, it's made up terms and BS

Last edited:
Visa card was charged with a salt n vinegar potato chips in a large capacity feeding device (to wit: a bag).

Wait, you need a license just to possess ammunition??

worse, just components. Empty shells, lose bullets can get you charged. But realistically I don't see them going after anyone just for components.

In 1998, the Massachusetts State Legislature enacted General Laws Chapter 269, Section 10G, otherwise known as the Armed Career Criminal Statute.

The Massachusetts Armed Career Criminal ("ACC") Statute imposes enhances penalties for defendants who have been previously convicted of a 'violent crime' or a 'serious drug offense'.

ACC Level 1: A defendant indicted as an Armed Career Criminal Level I faces additional punishment in state prison of 'not less than three (3) years nor more than fifteen (15) years.'
ACC Level 2: A defendant indicted as an Armed Career Criminal Level II faces additional punishment in state prison of 'not less than ten (10) years nor more than fifteen (15) years.'
ACC Level 3: A defendant indicted as an Armed Career Criminal Level III faces additional punishment in state prison of 'not less than fifteen (15) years nor more than twenty (20) years.'

I'll never understand this state. So many welfare moms. This guy doesn't have a job, he's got a CAREER. And they hold it against him. Just not right.

Yup. Take your kid to the range, kid gets a .22 case stuck in his boot sole - BAM! Nice job, you just made a criminal.

On my return trips I have to triple vacuum my car for spent brass...I've found casings in cup holders, in the engine compartment, under the floor mats and buried in seats!

Umm, you know that shooting from your car is a whole nother problem. [hmmm]

I toss range bags into my truck with brass in them, (I reload). A piece of brass falls out without me noticing. I remove my range bag and I drive into Massachusetts. I am now breaking Massachusetts law because I don't have any sort of Massachusetts permit and I have a piece of brass in my truck...

I toss range bags into my truck with brass in them, (I reload). A piece of brass falls out without me noticing. I remove my range bag and I drive into Massachusetts. I am now breaking Massachusetts law because I don't have any sort of Massachusetts permit and I have a piece of brass in my truck...

I was just poking you. [wink]

So they won't actually list his "career crimes", just the things that are perfectly legal in most state.

Banana peel tossing apparently. No kidding.

Littering plus gunz, hence career criminal in Lexington I guess.

Last edited:
What does it say about me when my first thought reading the title was "another politician outed".

In 1998, the Massachusetts State Legislature enacted General Laws Chapter 269, Section 10G, otherwise known as the Armed Career Criminal Statute.

The Massachusetts Armed Career Criminal ("ACC") Statute imposes enhances penalties for defendants who have been previously convicted of a 'violent crime' or a 'serious drug offense'.

ACC Level 1: A defendant indicted as an Armed Career Criminal Level I faces additional punishment in state prison of 'not less than three (3) years nor more than fifteen (15) years.'
ACC Level 2: A defendant indicted as an Armed Career Criminal Level II faces additional punishment in state prison of 'not less than ten (10) years nor more than fifteen (15) years.'
ACC Level 3: A defendant indicted as an Armed Career Criminal Level III faces additional punishment in state prison of 'not less than fifteen (15) years nor more than twenty (20) years.'

Whoa wait, when does this get enforced? Just for firearms infractions? Cuz watching the news and some of these repeat offender's backgrounds I don't think I've ever heard it being used.

I was just poking you. [wink]

Sorry, missed it. That particular law bugs the crap out of me because I know the likelihood of me having loose brass floating around in any of my vehicles is pretty good. I also know that the chances of getting jacked up about it are really slim, but the fact that I COULD get screwed for it is just annoying.

It's worse for me now because I'm getting used to living in Georgia and none of this crap applies any more. On a daily basis I don't think about any of it. But I'm in CT for the summer and crossing into RI and MA so I have to think about it enough so that I don't end up being one of those people you read about in the papers -- "he had an arsenal" -- and "he should have known better".

Whoa wait, when does this get enforced? Just for firearms infractions? Cuz watching the news and some of these repeat offender's backgrounds I don't think I've ever heard it being used.
It's when they feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom