• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lexington LTC Restrictions

It just occurred to me that Lexington Police Department may have defined set of restrictions that are different from many people think.

Below is the text in the letter accompanying my LTC:

" LTC Restrictions

None
- The LTC is issued for all lawful purposes with no restrictions. This is used for all FID cards, as by statute, they may not be issued with any restrictions imposed.

Target & Hunting - Restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; and for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns). Includes travel to and from activity location.

Sporting - Restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns); and for outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, camping, cross country skiing, or similar activities. Includes travel to and from activity location.

Employment - Restricts possession to business owner engaged in business activities, or to an employee while engaged in work related activities, and maintaining proficiency, where the employer requires carrying of a firearm (i.e. armored car, security guard, etc.). Includes travel to and from activity location."

What happens if your 'understanding' of the restrictions from your issuing authority differs from the understanding of the [arresting] authority off somewhere else?

It just occurred to me that Lexington Police Department may have defined set of restrictions that are different from many people think.

Below is the text in the letter accompanying my LTC:

" LTC Restrictions

None
- The LTC is issued for all lawful purposes with no restrictions. This is used for all FID cards, as by statute, they may not be issued with any restrictions imposed.

Target & Hunting - Restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; and for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns). Includes travel to and from activity location.

Sporting - Restricts possession to the purpose of lawful recreational shooting or competition; for use in the lawful pursuit of game animals and birds; for personal protection in the home; for the purpose of collecting (other than machine guns); and for outdoor recreational activities such as hiking, camping, cross country skiing, or similar activities. Includes travel to and from activity location.

Employment - Restricts possession to business owner engaged in business activities, or to an employee while engaged in work related activities, and maintaining proficiency, where the employer requires carrying of a firearm (i.e. armored car, security guard, etc.). Includes travel to and from activity location."

Sorry to have to be the one to tell you this but those definitions are meaningless. Even though I have an ALP LTC I do know people who do have a restricted LTC. My buddy who lives in Lowell said he was told that he could carry on his restricted LTC to and from the range, only the pistol must be unloaded. So, before you decide to carry a loaded pistol check with the Lexington PD to clarify that restriction. I'm sure most of the guys will tell you that each town is different. Lexington may say okay while Woburn or Lowell may say no. I would hate to see you get yourself into trouble.

Thanks for the advice.
For many reasons, including family members attitude agitated by the recent series of school shooting, I may not buy any firearm, at least not in this year. So I should have time for all these matters to settle down.

What happens if your 'understanding' of the restrictions from your issuing authority differs from the understanding of the [arresting] authority off somewhere else?

Exactly what I told the licensing officer when he stuck me with a sporting restriction. Nagged him for a year until he got sick of me and issued me an unrestricted.

High probability: Loss of LTC

Low probability: Civil fine

Medium probability: Charges for a non-crime you must hire an attorney to get dismissed

High probability: Loss of revocation appeal in district court

If I was restricted I would print out a screen shot that had the date on it. Then I would have it available for my Attorney that is already on retainer or agreement.

Thanks for the advice.
For many reasons, including family members attitude agitated by the recent series of school shooting, I may not buy any firearm, at least not in this year. So I should have time for all these matters to settle down.

Family will always be there in some way.
You may not always have the option to purchase what you like in a given market

Buy what you want. When you want. It's your freedom. Use it wisely.

Thanks for the advice.

Criminals and home invasions unfortunately don’t give you that luxury of timing. Good luck and I wish you well, but anyone with an LTC would be wise to invest in at least a home defense firearm or long gun.

Thanks for the advice.

Why would you wait to buy a gun ? The time is never going to be right because these lefty democrats will NEVER give up. If anything it's only going to get more difficult over time. No one really knows who will be our next governor or president. My advice to you is buy everything you can afford now, especially ammo.

Hot off the press for easycity:

Senators debate new approaches to gun violence

They should’ve given you a 55 gallon drum of astroglide with your LTC.
A bunch of years ago, a bunch of guys from Rochester NY formed "Team Shroom" . When they rented a van in Oregon for the USPSA Nationals, they fully decaled the thing (one of the shrooms owned a business that did such things). Between the pecker-like shrooms and the image for the "brown star shooting academy", they actually got pulled over by a cop who saw the van and asked if they would pose for a photo (conveniently, they were in team shroom clothing).

The funny part is that they picked up an Astroglide sponsorship, and were walking around the match giving out samples. I still wonder if anyone tried to lube their gun with it.

There is liberal thinking.Allow your kids and wife to make a second amendment choice for you.Kids views do not matter in politics.I as the bread winner make those choices.And the kids and wife are talked to in detail about it.What happened in florida is 90% the fault of florida Lawenforcement and the FBI.I know in my town that fellow would have been lucky to have cap gun never mind a AR15.And let alone the cowards stay outside amazing.I could not live with myself after that.Taking a bullet would be easier than that.But blame it on the NRA.There are 1 million cops in this country.If indeed the grid was hit you would have no protection at all or very little by the police.And we all no what happens as the say the cats away the mice will play.Than see some of my most liberal friends would be here begging for a gun to protect themselves.

Speaking of Lexington, two high school girls were seen holding up a vulgar sign and flipping the bird during their recent walkout. When the local Republican party called them out on it, the snowflakes started melting down furiously.

View: https://m.facebook.com/LexGOP/photos/a.689816247792168.1073741828.593300537443740/1598470316926752/?type=3&notif_t=page_post_reaction&notif_id=1521321322221846&ref=m_notif

I would say they were brainwashed idiots, but then I would be assuming that they had a brain in the first place.

Back
Top Bottom