Lexington Green Red or Black?

The thread doesn't say anything about it. I have a friend who is considering getting a license (she was going to go for the FID but I think I've talked her into the LTC-A) and was wondering whether it is worth trying to go for an ALP in that town.

I dunno what the cheif will do to her app, but you might as well ASK for a non-restricted LTC A. If they're deturmined to give her an FID or Class B, that's what you'll get no matter what you ask for, but if you ask for a lesser permit, you're stuck.

I was pressured by the PD when I first applied for my LTC, and I requested a restriction. I regret doing that, and wish I had asked for an un-restricted permit.

My brother applied in April of this year... and JUST received his Class A ALP from LPD. Almost 5 months of waiting...and LOTS of stalling from the PD... but it finally showed up.

They called him when they were processing the application and asked him why he wanted the ALP... he said it was for Competitive Shooting. They said okay.

So I'd say Lexington is Green... because they issued the ALP LTC... but has a Red frosting on top because they stalled for 4+ months.

Bottom line... apply for the Class A ALP LTC in Lexington and you'll get it after a while... a long long while.

Hanwei

I just got my LTC A unrestricted.
I wanted it for competing in IPSC and possibly IDPA shooting which I am trying to get into.

I waited about 4 months.

I wouldn't say that Lexington is "green". You need 2 letters of recommendation and then a specific reason to get a Class A unrestricted. If you don't have a reason for it, I don't know if they'd just give you one. There is an "interview" with the police captain about the necessity of the license.

I just got my LTC A unrestricted.
(SNIP)There is an "interview" with the police captain about the necessity of the license.

What utter BS! [angry]

I'd tell him that the license is a necessity only because the Comm of MA and the power hungry pigs who make the asinine laws say I need it to exercise the natural right to self defense. [hmmm]

What utter BS! [angry]

I'd tell him that the license is a necessity only because the Comm of MA and the power hungry pigs who make the asinine laws say I need it to exercise the natural right to self defense. [hmmm]

Try that in your town and let us know how you make out! [rolleyes]

Always understand the "golden rule", he who has the gold, rules!

The laws may say one thing but refusing to comply or being a wiseguy can assure you of a "denied - unsuitable person" result. If you have thousands to throw at it, you might defeat their illegal requirement to pay $100/year to be a club member some place . . . but you have to ask yourself "is it worth it in time and money?" first. Cases like this can take 2-5 years in the courts, meanwhile you don't have a LTC of any type!

So the rich can afford to fight "on principle" while the rest of us are forced to comply or move. That's a harsh reality check.

Try that in your town and let us know how you make out! [rolleyes]

Always understand the "golden rule", he who has the gold, rules!

The laws may say one thing but refusing to comply or being a wiseguy can assure you of a "denied - unsuitable person" result. If you have thousands to throw at it, you might defeat their illegal requirement to pay $100/year to be a club member some place . . . but you have to ask yourself "is it worth it in time and money?" first. Cases like this can take 2-5 years in the courts, meanwhile you don't have a LTC of any type!

So the rich can afford to fight "on principle" while the rest of us are forced to comply or move. That's a harsh reality check.

I understand what you're saying here Len. Abandon all hope and kiss your master's feet. [rolleyes] (see? I can make with the funny faces too!) [wink]
I'm very glad that the founding fathers of our country didn't ask themselves "is it worth it in time and money?" when it came to their principles. You know the Scriv quote that goes here. [grin]
Fortunately I don't have to play these power trip games with my chief.

I don't need to play those games either, but my chief asked inappropriate info when my Wife went for her renewal (she has had a LTC-A/ALP-equiv for longer than he's been here) and I just shut him down. I am not your average person in that I can get away with it since I am well known in town, whereas the average person may not be able to do the same thing.

But, I'll give you two real-life personal examples from my business:

- I've been stiffed by two deadbeats for ~$4K each over the 14 years I've had the computer consulting business. Each time it happened, I spoke with my Boston business attorney and he told me that in the first case I might well win but I'd end up paying the lawyer all that I ended up collecting from the deadbeat (since he had never signed my contract, I didn't have all my i's dotted and t's crossed). In the second case it was a prominent attorney who stiffed me and my attorney told me that he'd likely lie in court and I'd get screwed. In both cases, I decided (with advice of counsel) to move on and not look back while taking further precautions to ensure it didn't happen again.

Now the big difference here is that w/LTC issues, you lose your rights during the time you are fighting for them, which will be years! At least in my case, I just lost the money and could move on unimpeded.

Each of us has to make those decisions for themselves. I call it cutting your losses!

Back
Top Bottom