• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lewiston this weekend

So who all is going to the Armory in lewiston this weekend?
Hoping to find some good ammo deals like i did in sanford. But then again who isn't at current prices?!

__________________________________________________ ________
Good shooting to all and to all a good shot.
Anthony

Freakin' packed. Should've figured first thing on a nice saturday morning would be busy but man...I'm not exaggerating when I say I drover around for 20 minutes just trying to find a place to park. All the usual parking was posted as "noparking" areas for the winter months. ARGH! Didn't want to take a chance on getting a ticket. Finally found a spot about 2 blocks away. I went in looking for just a couple specific things. Didn't bother with some tables I knew had nothing of interest to me - especially the ones full of junk over polished cutlery. Why is that garbage there? Also a particular dealer I don't bother with either due to his previous ego and "collectable" prices. One dealer still had a Ruger Single Six I'd looked at at the Augusta sho but again, I let it go. may swing by his shop in a week or so and if it's there, I'll buy it then. Didn't find many Ruger #1's and those I did weren't of much interest to me. (wrong chambering or wrong model) Seemed to be quite a bit of new black pistls and a bunch of mil-surps. I looked at every Ruger SA in the palce and didn't see many at all at good prices. Heck didn't see much of all at a deal but again, first thing saturday AM...
Saw a few folks I don't see very often, including paul bennett who was there with his usual good spirited nature helping his frind at the tables. Always great to see him. All in all a uneventful show for me a I bought nothing. I'll wait 'til Concord I guess.

The father in-law and I are going up tomorow noon time. Maybe there will be a couple last minute deals going on. probably not though.
It seems there has always been an abundance of mil-surp at Lewiston.
Oh well.

The only good deals I saw were over on Marcel's tables in the corner (Accross from pete Gordon). Problem was, it wasn't anything I wanted.

The only good deals I saw were over on Marcel's tables in the corner (Accross from pete Gordon). Problem was, it wasn't anything I wanted.

Huh, I was standing at Pete's table for a looooong time (he's my brother) just chatting with folks I see usually only once or twice a year. Couldn't talk to him as with Roland not there he was the only parts guy really. Marcel was busy too. Ppl wre lookingbut didn't see many forms being filled out.

That was probably the first show I've ever been to where I didn't buy a single thing. If I had a few thousand $ burning a hole in my pocket, there were a few things I would like to have, but nothing I really HAD to have.

How come Pete, Tully, and John are all split up? They always used to get tables together.

Back
Top Bottom