Lever guns

I've got...
Marlin 336 in 30-30
Winchester 94 - 30-30
Winchester 94 Trapper - 30-30
Henry Golden Boy - 22lr & 22 short

Lever's are fun and 30-30 knocks shit down. Something about that flat nose. Great brush guns.

I had a Henry Big Boy in 44 that was awesome, but I want a new on with the side loading gate.

I've been looking for a lever in 45/70 for a couple years now for the deer camp but I can't bring myself to spend the money people are asking

Me too. I’ve thought about picking up a Rossi 92 in 38/357 but I have heard too many horror stories about the rough action and FTF’s.
Newer Rossi seem good to go. My 44mag has no issues. Paid like 550 for it, its not as nice as a Miroku or Henry. But it runs, and its fun.

I will likely jettison it if I ever can get my hands on a new 44mag Marlin when/if they ever come out.

Last edited:
Look who showed up today!

New Ruger Marlins are nice. Furniture and finish is well above what Remington put out. And definitely a step above the JM Marlins as well

Just need to throw in that safety delete and screw on the Skinner peep.

Attachments

• 7CA930FE-5008-4534-BFD7-F5538989BAD1.jpeg
    7CA930FE-5008-4534-BFD7-F5538989BAD1.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 38
Look who showed up today!

New Ruger Marlins are nice. Furniture and finish is well above what Remington put out. And definitely a step above the JM Marlins as well

Just need to throw in that safety delete and screw on the Skinner peep.

That’s a beauty. I will end up spending the money on a higher end one. I don’t buy a lot of guns , unless you ask my wife😆😆, so it’s worth the extra to me.

I have a Sears lever in 30-30 anyway so that scratches the itch for now. I ”need“ a thickness planer first as I seem to have taken up the hobby of segmented bowl making lately.

That’s a beauty. I will end up spending the money on a higher end one. I don’t buy a lot of guns , unless you ask my wife😆😆, so it’s worth the extra to me.

I have a Sears lever in 30-30 anyway so that scratches the itch for now. I ”need“ a thickness planer first as I seem to have taken up the hobby of segmented bowl making lately.
Please dm me some photos, I'd love to see that
How much are Henry going for?
Just looked this morning and saw this guy. Wonder if im missing something because his price is at least 300 less than most

This is what happens then the FAG AR crowd discovered the lever actions.

We need tactical!
More rails.
Muzzle breaks.
Ugly stocks.
I want one of these;

Citadel Levtac-92 Black Lever Action Rifle - 357 Magnum - 18in
Citadel-Levtac-92-1.jpg

But I'm confused, do I have to start smoking once I own one?

I have 3. A Winchester Trapper carbine in 44 mag, A 1948 Marlin 336 Waffle top 30/30 and a Winchester 1894 made in 1901

Attachments

• win 44 mag.jpg
    win 44 mag.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 1948 waffle top.jpg
    1948 waffle top.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 1901 Winchester 30wcf.jpg
    1901 Winchester 30wcf.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 16
Got a 45/70 rem/marlin a year or so ago.
Traded it recently and almost made the money back that I spent on it.

45/70 while awesome, i could barely find the ammo that wasnt outrageously priced.

Or ever in stock

Got a 45/70 rem/marlin a year or so ago.
Traded it recently and almost made the money back that I spent on it.

45/70 while awesome, i could barely find the ammo that wasnt outrageously priced.

Or ever in stock
Getting a 45/70 and not reloading is DSP.

There is a thread in the reloading forum someone looking to buy ammo for a trapdoor, we talked the guy into reloading, it is cheaper to buy the reloading equipment and components to load 1K rounds than it is to buy 150-200 rounds of the cheap ammo.

There is a thread in the reloading forum someone looking to buy ammo for a trapdoor, we talked the guy into reloading, it is cheaper to buy the reloading equipment and components to load 1K rounds than it is to buy 150-200 rounds of the cheap ammo.
Im still a newbie kinda.
Didnt have the area before last month to get realoading equiptment.

Ill have another in the future. But not the long boy octagonal barrel this time around.

This.....add to the fact if all you can find is high end asskicking rounds...the experience is not that fun, at least as I get older it isn't.

I bought a lot of heavy 405 gr lead bullets a long time ago and download them to a fairly light load that still will slap the shit out of steel swinging target.

Even then, i still don't shoot the 45-70 or 30-30 like I go thru the .357 and .44 mag. Pistol calibers just are short throw cycle and funner to shoot and run the lever.

But yeah, these days you kinda have to reload them all to want to shoot a lot. $$$

The only levers I'm interested in are Rossi's and Henry's, I don't see what the benefits are to a $1500+ lever action. Smoother actions are nice, certainly help in CAS matches, but for general, non competition use? Not worth it.

Now, my focus is on revolver caliber magnum lever actions and I like the Rossi and Henry for those, the .45-70 and .30-30 maybe Marlin and Winchester are better, but I don't care because if I wanted that kind of power and range in a manual action rifle, I'd get a bolt action.

This.....add to the fact if all you can find is high end asskicking rounds...the experience is not that fun, at least as I get older it isn't.

I bought a lot of heavy 405 gr lead bullets a long time ago and download them to a fairly light load that still will slap the shit out of steel swinging target.

Even then, i still don't shoot the 45-70 or 30-30 like I go thru the .357 and .44 mag. Pistol calibers just are short throw cycle and funner to shoot and run the lever.

But yeah, these days you kinda have to reload them all to want to shoot a lot. $$$
Agreed. If you get a 45-70 just grab a Lee loader and some forgiving powder.
It’s about the easiest cartridge to load for and with trap door to OMG loads you have room to play.
It’s not the 6.5 manbun it’s a man’s cartridge.

The only levers I'm interested in are Rossi's and Henry's, I don't see what the benefits are to a $1500+ lever action. Smoother actions are nice, certainly help in CAS matches, but for general, non competition use? Not worth it.

Now, my focus is on revolver caliber magnum lever actions and I like the Rossi and Henry for those, the .45-70 and .30-30 maybe Marlin and Winchester are better, but I don't care because if I wanted that kind of power and range in a manual action rifle, I'd get a bolt action.
Personally i think a Henry is a better looking gun than a marlin any way

I'll probably get a 30-30 for deer season but i used to think id never buy a Henry because they were so much more than marlin and so much better looking that i wouldn't want to beat on it in the bush

Back
Top Bottom