Leupold launches DeltaPoint Micro

and how am i supposed to take the glock apart without taking that thing off?

LOL, yeah- that's going to be a real PITA when I break down my Glock slides every 2 or 3 million rounds.

I like this design a lot. In fact, it will likely be my first red dot on a self defense pistol.

Between this awful optic and the equally as awful trijicon entry into the micro red dot its only serving to bolster the position that holosun has in this space. They are crushing it in a way that trijicon and leupold can't wrap their heads around clearly.

Between this awful optic and the equally as awful trijicon entry into the micro red dot its only serving to bolster the position that holosun has in this space. They are crushing it in a way that trijicon and leupold can't wrap their heads around clearly.
is there a holosun you can mount on a regular slide without milling? or crazy adapter plates? i do not know of any.

is there a holosun you can mount on a regular slide without milling? or crazy adapter plates? i do not know of any.

There are some that don’t have additional sights too, and some that may be slightly more low profile.

I shoot a lot of steel challenge, there is one stage with a target that is human torso size (18" x 10" I think) and is pretty close. I always shoot that one without aiming as I am drawing. But, by the time I am ready to hit the target again, I am already looking at my sights. I would imagine, if the target was a person, it would be very similar.

So, having good optics can be useful in a self defense situation.

Also, not every situation is cut and dry 2 seconds and done. Look at cop videos. You have a f*cked up dude slowly walking at you with a knife, threatening you. That is when you draw your gun and aim, hope he goes away and if he doesn't shoot.

So, to simplify and say that most defense situation doesn't need a sight is pretty short sighted. Now, go practice more and stop telling others what they need.

well, I think being able to point shoot at close distance very well says I practice enough Sir. Last time I checked the police are not drawing from concealment which was the main point I was making. People need to learn the basics and lose all the doodads. Did I ever say don't aim? No I didn't, like you even said above your first shots on target don't even have a full sight picture.

No.... we draw from Level III retention holsters. I am easily faster from concealed carry. By a significant amount.

Looking at this again, I bet it would help out for people who see starbursts with astigmatism (such as myself). I do wish they would have at least oriented the circular part that hands off the back vertically though. Would have been far less obtrusive.

He summarizes at the end by saying the advantages trump the disadvantages. So are you getting a RDS soon?
Why would I? If i'm the point shooter guy that already has a good presentation. I'm one of those guys that has zip on my AR except for a LED for home use so I don't shoot one of the kids coming in drunk.

Well, it's still some form of a Republic here in the States so everyone is free to have their opinion. I just hope you're on "our" side when the SHTF

Why would I? If i'm the point shooter guy that already has a good presentation. I'm one of those guys that has zip on my AR except for a LED for home use so I don't shoot one of the kids coming in drunk.

Are you sure you're not drunk? You are all over the map here.

well, I think being able to point shoot at close distance very well says I practice enough Sir. Last time I checked the police are not drawing from concealment which was the main point I was making. People need to learn the basics and lose all the doodads. Did I ever say don't aim? No I didn't, like you even said above your first shots on target don't even have a full sight picture.
How do you know people here haven’t already learned the basics and continue to practice them while adding doodads?

I wanted to like this thing, but the more I think about it, the more they've really missed the f***in mark.
There are a lot of good options for ccw red dots out there, this thing? This thing isn't one of them.

You get in front of me, my boxers, and my AR at night its between you and God.

Then again, I don't have kids.

It definitely looks interesting. I don’t think I’d go back to the normal P365 slide since I’m currently running the SAS slide, or replace the SRO on my G19, but I’d love to try one to see how it feels and operates when in use.

Perhaps many of you are considering this an abomination because you are directly comparing it to high quality optics on a made for optics slide? I like this thing because I'm thinking I could slap it onto my G20 for situations that I want to carry 10mm, like wilderness self defense. Still fits in the same holsters. If it fails, so what- works as a ghost ring. NFW would I want a dedicated optic for the G20- gets in the way for holstering and/or could catch on crap when trying to draw. If it fails, then what? However, NFW would I want this optic for a shooting games range toy- I'd want something like the typical optics.

You get in front of me, my boxers, and my AR at night its between you and God.

Then again, I don't have kids.
Boxers? lol

Commando. Jungle boots. OD green bandolier with one pouch reserved for a pack of smokes and lighter. Rifle. A bottle of Jack.
That’s pretty much my weekends now.
Maybe that’s why God don’t care, he’s laughing his ass off and shaking his head every time he looks in my house.

Boxers? lol

Commando. Jungle boots. OD green bandolier with one pouch reserved for a pack of smokes and lighter. Rifle. A bottle of Jack.
That’s pretty much my weekends now.
Maybe that’s why God don’t care, he’s laughing his ass off and shaking his head every time he looks in my house.
I did walk up to a 40 year old private on the barracks balcony, in nothing but boots, boxers, pistol belt, and drinking a handle of rubinov. “What’s up... *hiccup* sar’nt” ..... it was 11:30 am.

I did walk up to a 40 year old private on the barracks balcony, in nothing but boots, boxers, pistol belt, and drinking a handle of rubinov. “What’s up... *hiccup* sar’nt” ..... it was 11:30 am.
I’m not even sure how to respond to there being a 40yr old Pvt. lol

People need to learn the basics and lose all the doodads.
All the RDS provides is a point of aim......no different than irons. You still have to perform the same manipulations required to get it there and hold it there steady whilst you jerk the shit out of the trigger.
The fellow who hasn't and doesn't work on the basics regularly is going to be in for a bit of let down.

Back
Top Bottom