Letterman Jackets

Asaltweapon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Had more of a work jacket with name on front over the pocket and Machine Shop on the back between the shoulder blades.

My being able to put that on today is slim and none being about 70 pounds ago.

Canndo

NES Member
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I had my jacket stolen from my construction job I used to work in HS. I left it in the house overnight. A couple weeks later I saw a kid wearing my jacket with my name on it. LOL. I pulled over and beat the shit out of him and took my jacket. Good times.

Last edited:

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I went to HS out in California, and they were a BIG deal there. I lettered in JV XC and varsity track, and my jacket has got all the cool bells and whistles. I wore it almost every day of high school.

Hell yes I still have it. Almost nobody at the HS where I teach out here has one, and even then it seems like it's only for football. It's a shame.

xjma99

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Graduates in 99, lettered in football 3 times (they give you a pin for additional years), and XC the two years I ‘played?’ that ‘sport?’
The next time I’ll fit into it I’ll be dead!!

mordeeb

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I went to HS out in California, and they were a BIG deal there. I lettered in JV XC and varsity track, and my jacket has got all the cool bells and whistles. I wore it almost every day of high school.

Hell yes I still have it. Almost nobody at the HS where I teach out here has one, and even then it seems like it's only for football. It's a shame.
Interesting, so maybe it's more of a west coast thing?

enbloc

NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hoodies are the new 'School Pride' thing... Less expensive, more versatile, everyone can be involved...

1596372493734.png

Picton

NES Member
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Interesting, so maybe it's more of a west coast thing?
No idea. My mom went to HS out there too, and got one for cheer or dance or something. Got a sweater to wear it on. My school didn't do academic letters; it never came up, but I know everyone in the place from the faculty on down would have thought that was silly. My wife tells me she got a debate team letter in RI, but never got a jacket and that nobody at her school ever really did.

Where I went, you got the letter at a banquet and ran out to get the jacket first thing the next day. It was a really big deal. There were a bunch of customs about where the letter went, what color you got your name embroidered in, where you moved your soph/frosh letter to if you upgraded to a varsity one, all that jazz.

Top Bottom