letter of intent

I found a distributor who has used brass in stock. They have asked me to sign a letter of intent and a copy of my LTC to have on file. The letter states "I am under no local, state or federal regulations to purchase items " from them. I am wondering if this would put me in some sort of legal trouble down the road. Any feed back on this issue would be appreciated.
gskelleton

I found a distributor who has used brass in stock. They have asked me to sign a letter of intent and a copy of my LTC to have on file. The letter states "I am under no local, state or federal regulations to purchase items " from them. I am wondering if this would put me in some sort of legal trouble down the road. Any feed back on this issue would be appreciated.
gskelleton

Well I suppose if you answer it untruthfully it could. Since MA considers brass to be an ammunition component, they're covering themselves.

No?

YMMV. You do you, I'll do me. But I bet my answer helped out the OP more than yours did.
OP is right to be somewhat concerned about it, because people like Maura are bluring the line between what's legal and what's not. Laws no longer mean anything as written, only interpretation of law matter and we have no idea who is going to be interpreting it tomorrow.

OP is right to be somewhat concerned about it, because people like Maura are bluring the line between what's legal and what's not. Laws no longer mean anything as written, only interpretation of law matter and we have no idea who is going to be interpreting it tomorrow.

Great. Then tell him so. Don't bother trying to piss on my reply.

I fill out a form 4473 with every gun purchase. I am nervous 0% of the time because I am not lying.
Are you lying to them? If not then don't worry

I know which vendor you’re talking about. Just do it. They’re a great company. I wouldn’t have scored 5k CCI SPP a couple months ago if I didn’t have that on file with them.
Same here, can tell by the somewhat inelegant wording. I’ve sent a couple of these to a few vendors and never had any issues. It’s a hell of a lot less than you need to send to The CMP. ;)

ETA In one case I just needed to send the letter. Once I committed in writing that I was legal in MA I guess they didn’t care about my LTC.

If that quote is word for word accurate it’s enough of a mess that you could argue 2 or 3 different interpretations, at least one of which gets you out of any liability to them.

The letter states "I am under no local, state or federal regulations to purchase items "
gskelleton
That's a weird sentence. IANAL but I doubt a lawyer would phrase anything like that. The closest meaning I can think of is that it asks if you are SUBJECT to any regulations. If it means that, we are all subject to regs in the hell hole of Mass. It does not seem to ask if you are prohibited by any regs???? I'd be ok with saying NO if it said, "Are you prohibited by any regulations...........? But once again the sentence is nonsense.

"I thought it was asking if I was under any regulations that require me to purchase this stuff."
When I start signing executive orders you WILL be required to purchase ammo, lots of it LOL

Don't worry there will be a 100% tax CREDIT not just a deduction.

Last edited:
Another happy customer.

People Seem To know:

NES
is the go-to online forum .... for all your firearms related questions.

- Get fast, concise, reliable, clear answers when you need them.

- No BS, no wrong answers, and no condescending attitudes or sarcasm of any kind.

- When you don't want to F-around = go to NES for your all your gun info!

"We will welcome you with open arms and accept you as one of our own ....."

.... but not so much
/sarcasm/ ;)

Last edited:
What is really funny is if this is a sting, the little letter isn't going to do squat for the dealer. Not that the sting is even enforceable, let alone legal. But police are ALLOWED to lie. They can even attest to those lies in order to trap you.

Sounds like they want liability assurance to point the finger at you if a letter from the recipient state is sent to them after the sale. But the wording is terrible. In simple language, it should read something akin to "I am not prohibited by local or state laws from purchasing ______". Inclusion of federal is dumb if they are a dealer, as they should know exactly what is allowed or not on that level.

Back
Top Bottom