• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Letter from Plymouth PD today

Pilgrims Pride

NES Member
Got a letter from Plymouth PD today.

A general letter addressed to all FID/LTC holders in town reminding all of MA laws for proper storage of firearms, rifles and shotguns.
Anyone else?
Isnt a rifle or a shotgun a firearm?

Who is sending them a letter back saying they are the problem after they let one of their guns on the street after the Plymouth cop lost his gun in the courthouse bathroom?

Got a letter from Plymouth PD today.

A general letter addressed to all FID/LTC holders in town reminding all of MA laws for proper storage of firearms, rifles and shotguns.
Anyone else?
Isnt a rifle or a shotgun a firearm?

You would think. But that's not how Mass defines it... although a shotgun could be a firearm if you saw the barrel of short enough.. From the MGL (General Laws: CHAPTER 140, Section 121)

“Firearm”, a pistol, revolver or other weapon of any description, loaded or unloaded, from which a shot or bullet can be discharged and of which the length of the barrel or barrels is less than 16 inches or 18 inches in the case of a shotgun as originally manufactured; provided, however, that the term firearm shall not include any weapon that is: (i) constructed in a shape that does not resemble a handgun, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun including, but not limited to, covert weapons that resemble key-chains, pens, cigarette-lighters or cigarette-packages; or (ii) not detectable as a weapon or potential weapon by x-ray machines commonly used at airports or walk- through metal detectors.

Tell them that they are your public servant, not the other way around. And anyone who is scumbag enough to enforce a law that prevents you from being able to defend your life can FOAD.

The memo should say " This is a reminder to all Licensees that I am the **** up who lost his service revolver in the John " that is all.

Unless you make him aware of his **** up and that you know what happened this shit will continue.

Oh man, I was reading somewhere that all the unusual guns mentioned in the previous post are VERY illegal.

MGL: Section 131N. No person shall sell, offer for sale, transfer or possess any weapon, capable of discharging a bullet or shot, that is: (i) constructed in a shape that does not resemble a handgun, short-barreled rifle or short-barreled shotgun including, but not limited to, covert weapons that resemble key-chains, pens, cigarette-lighters or cigarette-packages; or (ii) not detectable as a weapon or potential weapon by x-ray machines commonly used at airports or walk-through metal detectors. Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall be punished, for a first offense, by a fine of not less than $1,000 nor more than $10,000 or by imprisonment for not less than one year nor more than ten years, or by both such fine and imprisonment, and for a second offense, by a fine of not less than $5,000 nor more than $15,000 or by imprisonment for not less than five years nor more than 15 years, or by both such fine and imprisonment.

Although many coveted Antique Firearms don't resemble typical guns - hence their appeal to Collectors

Can you believe the nerve?! Everyone who gets one of these should send it back to plymouth pd with ATTN: Capt. John W. Rogers Jr. on the envelope. If I get one that is what I am doing. I just saw this and haven't checked the mail yet.

The memo should say " This is a reminder to all Licensees that I am the **** up who lost his service revolver in the John " that is all.

Unless you make him aware of his **** up and that you know what happened this shit will continue.

LOL Can you imagine. Like being back in grade school. Make him WRITE it out one time for every licensee in the state!! LOL I bet he NEVER forget his gun ever again. He'll have it cuffed to his wrist... LOL

Last edited:
Can you believe the nerve?! Everyone who gets one of these should send it back to plymouth pd with ATTN: Capt. John W. Rogers Jr. on the envelope. If I get one that is what I am doing. I just saw this and haven't checked the mail yet.

LOL Can you imagine. Like being back in grade school. Make him WRITE it out one time for every licensee in the state!! LOL I bet he NEVER forget his gun ever again. He'll have it cuffed to his wrist... LOL

I'm thinking this is the Departments way of saying " Ya we ****ed up, but you better not try it " some major Hypocrisy here for sure.

In my experience he has been very good on licensing and 2A issues. They letter is pretty ghey though, and horribly timed with the missing gun story.

He wasted the taxpayers money. Is he going to send another one out next week reminding people to buckle up while driving?

He wasted the taxpayers money. Is he going to send another one out next week reminding people to buckle up while driving?

Exactly. What day lady commission is deciding what laws were going to remind people of. There's a shitload of them to choose from.

No, next week is a letter saying murder is illegal :) I am surprised he sent it because from what I have seen this is uncharacteristic.

Hey, he just wanted to make sure everyone knew the law before they started going door to door to check up on you.

Not sure about the rest of you, but this guy should be put on Paid leave for the next 2 months so he can think about what he did.

sarcasm.jpg

That's pretty funny.

I was going to say that too. Send an inquiry to the Finance Committee and the Town Accountant, asking how much the mailing cost, and how much they think a lawsuit might cost if that gun gets in the wrong hands.

I DON'T KEEP MY STUFF IN ANY DAM SAFE, OR LOCKED UP WHERE IT TAKES ME TIME TO GET A KEY OR PUNCH NUMBERS, THEIR WERE I CAN USE THEM IN A SECOND. LOCK UP THE SCUMBAGS.

I have a bad feeling that he is going to make getting a LTC harder! Just a queesy feeling I get from this letter.

Back
Top Bottom