Lets talk CZ's for a moment

I had one in .40, a two-tone model, didn't really care for it all that much.
Although the ergonomics were very nice, and it fit my hand like a glove, I never really did cozy up to it.
The metal finish was a bit crude, the DA trigger was horrible, and the SA trigger wasn't anything special either.
I can say it was very reliable, never had a jam or other malfunction, but it had what I can only describe as a "trigger slap" that made it uncomfortable to shoot after a few mags, and those were post-ban 10 rounders too.
I currently have a Jericho 941 (stainless with a single action trigger) which is essentially a CZ75 clone, it even takes CZ mags.
The trigger action is so much better, the difference is like night and day.
I like this one so much better than the original CZ, but it's not my favorite 9mm, that still remains my SIG 228.
The 40 is a totally different animal. Mine (9mm] is silky smooth, deadly accurate and I would trust my life with it no question. I don’t think it’s ever misfired or had any other problem that I can recall. Never owned a SIG 228 so I can’t compare.

They make a Target Sport Orange in .40 S&W... I've seen one only ONCE in the flesh.

Yeah, I've seen a few .40s here and there ONLINE but never in a gun shop that was selling CZs. Same with the 97, too, only
ever seen two of those remotely in the flesh. One was for sale here and another was for sale at one of the gun shops I
visit.

-Mike

Great guns especially once the triggers have been tuned. My first CZ was a polished stainless 75b which had an okay trigger but once I sent it to Cajun gun works it was night and day. I’ve since sold it.
Now I just have a cajunized SP-01 Shadow and Shadow 2. Lately I’m realizing that I shoot the S1 better than the S2. I’m faster with transitions using the S1 compared to the S2 which is a little muzzle heavy.

Cz makes great stuff I ha e shot a few of there handguns. I personally own a cz Bren 805 and is my favorite rifle. It’s very well made. Everything they make is made with precision. A while ago someone did a tour of there factory and posted it on YouTube I was impressed with the in house way of doing things.

I have 4 CZ’s. I hated DA/SA guns.

I bought a shadow 2 and added a few Cajun parts I was hooked.

Stopped shooting my g17 in idpa once I bought my SP-01 (Cajun parts as well)

I shoot a tactical sport orange in uspsa

And a shadow line compact to round out my collection.

If you told me I’d be shooting a DA/SA gun (obviously the TSO is SA only) a few years ago I’d laugh at you.

I’m sold on them. My favorite shooters.

Apex kit? Never heard of that for a CZ 75.

They do sell action kits now. They have some good support videos that I used when installing a cajun kit in my pcr.

I think that CZ has a great niche in the steel frame full size market. I have had a great 85 Combat that I sold off, but still have two Sp01 shadows and an Shadow 2 for IDPA and USPSA and a PCR for IDPA and carry. They shoot great and have wide range of customization options. 20190610_205046.jpg

They are great guns. Though I don't shoot the CZ75 well. I wanted to get one but I shot my stock G34 better. Unfortunate for me.

Also. Don't forget about the CZ Custom Shop. Angus Hobdell Took great care of me doing a few items to my new Dan Wesson Pointman 9, a few years ago. (CZ owns Dan Wesson)

Also, the CZ custom shop typically has some custom guns in stock and ready for sale. So if anything catches your attention, you save some time and money over having a regular gun customized.

Lots of reading but buy a p10f 4 mags in fist sized area at 10 yards fast control fired with grab bag ammo. Excellent striker fired guns

I picked up a "used" Shadow Target 2, 3 or so years ago.
Best semi auto handgun I've owned to date.
Lefty friendly, great if you have larger hands. Fits like it was made for my hands.
Grabbed another 3 MEC-GAR mags, put a set of LOK grips on it
Steel challenge, action pistol, bowling pins, Walls of Steel, this thing can run, and run it I do. I'll be buried with this thing.
Looking for a 97 as well, because I have more .45 ammo than I know what to do with and would prefer one over my 1911's.

CZ 75's are excellent guns, and the SP-01's are definitely on the short list of "If I could only have one gun".
They are very good out of the box and can be made excellent with a little bit of tuning or bloody outstanding with the full Cajun treatment.
To my mind the Cajun reach reduction is a must, and you might as well get a full duty/competition kit. It really changes the character of the gun.

I love all metal DA/SA guns. Between CZ's, Sigs, and Berettas they each have their quirks, strengths and weaknesses.
They all can be made tuned and modified to work at a very high level, the real difference is the manual of arms and ergonomics.
That's where I think CZ's really shine.

I have two, a CZ-82 9x18 Mak and a CZ-75D PCR (compact). I find I can shoot these better than any other handgun I own. I've had the '82 for years and I bought the CZ-75 last October. For me, they are the best handguns I own as far as shootability goes.

Last I looked, the deal of the century is the Shadow 2. I think they were around $1100. That's stupidly good price for that gun, even after doing CGW upgrades on it (which aren't necessary for the average shooter). The Accu Shadow 2 is like $2100, which is mostly tuned trigger, comp hammer and different barrel bushing setup.

Kadet .22 adapter - looks nice, but is it really worth $400+ ? Thats thousands of rounds of 9mm to break even.
The Kadet was nicely made but I quickly sold mine as it fouled up the action of my 75B that I was using for competitions. I got tired of cleaning the damn thing all the time. I suppose if I had just a dedicated lower for the Kadet that would be ideal.

tell me more about their shotguns? I love their handguns and rifles and I have a lot of them in my safe, but no shotguns.

i keep thinking I want to try shooting clays, so tell me about CZ O/U’s
I have one of their redhead premier O/U’s with 28 in barrels I use to shoot trap. It’s just a little above entry level O/U pricing but it’s worked flawlessly for me.. I’ve shot easily 3k rounds out of it. Only regret was not ordering the longer barrel model.

A few years back I bought the CZ Custom Shadow 2014. Had been at a Steel Challenge match and was squadded with a fellow HSC member carrying one. He let me dump his remaining mags at the end of the match - the most noticeable thing about the CZ is how it just sinks right into your hand. Smoothest, most comfortable, best shooting pistol I had up to that point.

I never thought I'd like the Beretta 92 series until I grabbed an M9A3 in black. It had all the things I was missing in the 92: dovetail front sight (tritium stock), the slimmer Vertec grip, a rail, upward-angled safety levers, etc. What surprised me most was how smooth the action and trigger were from the factory. That had not been my experience in the past.

Comparing the two pistols...I have to say, now I'm always more likely to bring the M9A3 to the range. And I carry it, too. I'm not going to go out on a limb and say the M9A3 trigger is just as good as a CZ Custom shop gun, but it's VERY good, and for half the price of the CZ, I feel like the M9A3 is probably the smartest pistol buy I ever made. I'd probably shoot it for fun in USPSA production even over the CZ at this point.

Depends on the Beretta, the last 92X I dry fired was a quantum leap ahead of a regular stock 92. No f***ing creepy as f*** SA trigger. I think they also make a decock only version in regular production.

I still think that even then a CZ is a better deal overall, though.

-Mike

I have a Cz tactical or sport. And also an Italian 92. I picked up the CZ in a trade. It is an amazing gun. Possibly the best trigger I have ever experienced. And that includes some high end 1911s it is actually on par with my Pardini 22.
that said.. what I have is 100% a target/ competition gun.

to me a 92 even with an improved trigger is still a very large service gun. the Cz I have is 100% target only gun.

Everyone out of the way! CZ fanboy coming through!

I love love love my CZs! I currently own a P09, P01, 75B converted to SAO and otherwise worked over by Cajun (Amazing and worth the money), a Kadet kit that's absurdly accurate and very reliable, and I've owned a Shadow 2 and Shadow in the past. Like everyone else has said, the ergos are great, they shoot flat, and aftermarket is decent and full of high quality options.

I know you're probably looking at pistols for the most part, but their rifles are great too. Their 22s are fantastic and of excellent build quality. I don't think there's anything close in the price range and a ways beyond. The 452s are outstanding if you can find one, and I'm in love with my 457 MTR. I have less experience with their center fire rifles, but the 527s are a ton of fun and rugged.

Buy a CZ. Buy many CZs.

Everyone out of the way! CZ fanboy coming through!

I love love love my CZs! I currently own a P09, P01, 75B converted to SAO and otherwise worked over by Cajun (Amazing and worth the money), a Kadet kit that's absurdly accurate and very reliable, and I've owned a Shadow 2 and Shadow in the past. Like everyone else has said, the ergos are great, they shoot flat, and aftermarket is decent and full of high quality options.

I know you're probably looking at pistols for the most part, but their rifles are great too. Their 22s are fantastic and of excellent build quality. I don't think there's anything close in the price range and a ways beyond. The 452s are outstanding if you can find one, and I'm in love with my 457 MTR. I have less experience with their center fire rifles, but the 527s are a ton of fun and rugged.

Buy a CZ. Buy many CZs.
Yes! I love my 455 Tacticool!

Back
Top Bottom