Lets talk CZ's for a moment

Alrighty then,

Thanks to GreyEyes I'll come slinking out of the closet. I am AFRAID to buy a CZ pistol.
See I once bought a CZ 452 trainer and shot it.........Then I ran out and in less than a year got a 452 Lux, 455 Ultra lux, 455 American w/ Weaver 4-16 scope, and Canvasback 12 gauge.

So y'all can see why I'm trying to resist buying a CZ Pistol.........LOL[thinking]

I've got several....one went to Cajun gun works for the total package and its the best gun I've ever shot...the others are stock SP-01 s decockers...great for new shooters....buy one you won't regret it...and if you do regret it I'm sure someone on here would buy it from you.....if your still on the fence after this virus crap..reach out and I'll let you shoot mine

I have two, a CZ-82 9x18 Mak and a CZ-75D PCR (compact). I find I can shoot these better than any other handgun I own. I've had the '82 for years and I bought the CZ-75 last October. For me, they are the best handguns I own as far as shootability goes.

my P01 is like that, I shoot better with it than anything I own. Not sure why, maybe less recoil. It's small enough to carry but since my G43X has the same 10 rounds I carry that instead.

Well, you guys inspired me. Just signed up at Cajun Gunworks for the wait list for the In-Shop CZ P-07/P-09 Pro-Grade Package for my P07.
check out Nick at NH Guns and Ammo. He's a Cajun Gun Works dealer and has done trigger jobs on my CZ75BD and my CZ 75P-01 Omega. Also added Truglo TFX Pro sights.

check out Nick at NH Guns and Ammo. He's a Cajun Gun Works dealer and has done trigger jobs on my CZ75BD and my CZ 75P-01 Omega. Also added Truglo TFX Pro sights.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. Will definitely look into that.

[/QUOTE]
Much easier and quicker than shipping gun to CGW's. He's in Londonderry, NH. Since he is a dealer he will install comp/carry packages for the price of the parts. Had the competition trigger installed on the CZ75BD and the carry package on the CZ75P-01. Probably should have had the carry trigger installed on the 75BD instead of the comp. trigger.

Much easier and quicker than shipping gun to CGW's. He's in Londonderry, NH. Since he is a dealer he will install comp/carry packages for the price of the parts. Had the competition trigger installed on the CZ75BD and the carry package on the CZ75P-01. Probably should have had the carry trigger installed on the 75BD instead of the comp. trigger. I also own a plastic CZ, the P10C.
[/QUOTE]

Alrighty then,

Thanks to GreyEyes I'll come slinking out of the closet. I am AFRAID to buy a CZ pistol.
See I once bought a CZ 452 trainer and shot it.........Then I ran out and in less than a year got a 452 Lux, 455 Ultra lux, 455 American w/ Weaver 4-16 scope, and Canvasback 12 gauge.

So y'all can see why I'm trying to resist buying a CZ Pistol.........LOL[thinking]

well, you are screwed either way. Do nothing, and you are giving up having some great guns and will be forever in regret. Act on your desire and you will be out several thousand dollars by the time you acquire several CZ pistols because once you buy one you will realize you need several. Since you are screwed, you might as well get out the wallet and enjoy yourself.

I have 4 CZs and love them. How is the 97b? There’s no comp/target version like the Shadow?

If you really want a tweaked out 97B you can probably get one and send it to CGW.... they probably have a lot of
crafty shit they can do to it.

-Mike

If you really want a tweaked out 97B you can probably get one and send it to CGW.... they probably have a lot of
crafty shit they can do to it.

-Mike

Can’t. I tried to buy parts directly from them last year and had my VPN on, which was non-US at the time. CGW wouldn’t let me buy because they accused me of being offshore and all this ITAR BS. The admin lady there just went batshit crazy on me, like I stole her first born. It was a strangely unprofessional experience that I’ve never had with a vendor before. So I have to buy their parts from third party vendors now. LOL.

How is the 97b? There’s no comp/target version like the Shadow?

If I had to guess (and just a guess it is, thats my not-an-expert disclaimer)-

If a manufacturer puts out or makes a run of X amount of a pistols, it falls under "Production Class", even with certain internal bells and whistles. R.M.R cut pistol will fall under this, and then once you put a red or green dot on it if goes to "Carry Optics". And 1911's will fall under "Classic" or Single Stack", but theres limitations with those.

All production class is scored at minor power factor regardless of what caliber its produced in. Minor p.f. is easy enough to make in 9mm, and if its store bought its even easier. "Factory" 9mm out of one of these frames is RIDICULOUSLY controllable (especially in 147 gr). While .45 is super easy to load for minor, its only a 10 rd mag and factory ammo will will easily make major p.f.
So to take advantage of the time bracket for that class, its not uncommon to see a P series with a 17-18 rd mag, which could shave some time on reloads inbetween targets. In theory it could, I'm more of a brisk-walk/ range walk type than actually running to and from. I'm gettin too old and broken for that shit.

Again, just a guess.

CZ Custom did a 10mm CZ97 for Shot this year. It would be be way cooler if there was a 10MM factory option with a non-paste on rail.
Also i'll take a chromed out CZC A01-LD please.
IMG_8734.jpgIMG_8733.jpg

You can’t put a price on love...
I mean it IS cheaper than an engagement ring and dating, and it will last forever so.....

EDIT SINCE I DIDNT WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER POST: Since there is a ton of CZ nerds in this thread, what's the big difference between the CajunGW pro-package and the carry package? Besides 80 dollars?

Last edited:
I mean it IS cheaper than an engagement ring and dating, and it will last forever so.....

EDIT SINCE I DIDNT WANT TO MAKE ANOTHER POST: Since there is a ton of CZ nerds in this thread, what's the big difference between the CajunGW pro-package and the carry package? Besides 80 dollars?

Pro Package comes with the old style trigger, and new disconnector. Probably some other stuff too

Interesting that it has a 97 frame and slide.

So we have a frame that can handle .45 acp stagger or double stack mags.
We have a slide that can handle a larger diameter (although lower pressure) .45 acp.
1.230 vs 1.260 cartridge o.a.l.
So outside of a barrel and a mag, whats there to a changeover? Breechface and extractor?

I love CZ's. I personally love the steel frame DA/SA guns although I have owned both a P07 and a P10C in the past. Low bore axis , great ergonomics and for whatever reason they are tack drivers. Only downside is that they have pretty complicated actions and doing a good trigger job can be intimidating. THe only good triggers I have come across out of the box are Shadow 2, and 85 Combat (I cannot explain why the 85 was good but it was). Both CZ Custom and Cajun Gunworks do fantastic work on CZ's. I shoot IDPA and USPSA with Shadow 1, Shadow 2, and CZ Compact, and Limited Major with a CZ Tactical SPort .40.

Current CZ's :
CZ Shadow 1 (CZ Custom Pro Package)
CZ Shadow 2 (cut for Carry Optics by Primary Machine)
CZ Compact (Cajun Gunworks Competition Package)
CZ 75 Stainless
CZ 97B (Cajun SRT and Reach Reduction)
CZ SP01 (Automatic Accuracy full trigger job) *My First CZ!
CZ Tactical SPort (with CZ CUstom frame reduction)

Past CZ's:
CZ PCR Compact (Great carry gun but I went to Sig P365)
CZ 85 Combat (should never have sold it)
CZ P07
CZ P10C (never shot it - so I sold it to a friend)

Current wish List
CZ Tac Sport Orange (9mm)
CZ P01 or A01.
CZ Bull Shadow

Did I forget to mention that I also own a CZ 452 Military Trainer that is a tack driver at 100 yards with iron sights!!!

Can’t. I tried to buy parts directly from them last year and had my VPN on, which was non-US at the time. CGW wouldn’t let me buy because they accused me of being offshore and all this ITAR BS. The admin lady there just went batshit crazy on me, like I stole her first born. It was a strangely unprofessional experience that I’ve never had with a vendor before. So I have to buy their parts from third party vendors now. LOL.

Not to excuse their reaction, but the State Department takes ITAR violations very seriously. Cajun Gunworks could be fined millions of dollars or even face jail time if they either knowingly or even just negligently sold ITAR goods to a foreign person. It’s no joke.

Not to excuse their reaction, but the State Department takes ITAR violations very seriously. Cajun Gunworks could be fined millions of dollars or even face jail time if they either knowingly or even just negligently sold ITAR goods to a foreign person. It’s no joke.

I know. But I was an existing customer and we’re not talking about me ordering 50 AR uppers. People need to use some common sense. Who orders a single Shadow 10x bushing to send to ISIS? I mean, FFS. And they have all my info - billing, shipping, CC address, can run credit check. Just a schmuck from MA. And of course I now just buy everything from their distributors anyway. Could also have my local FFL buy the parts too. The whole thing is silly.

Much easier and quicker than shipping gun to CGW's. He's in Londonderry, NH. Since he is a dealer he will install comp/carry packages for the price of the parts. Had the competition trigger installed on the CZ75BD and the carry package on the CZ75P-01. Probably should have had the carry trigger installed on the 75BD instead of the comp. trigger. I also own a plastic CZ, the P10C.
[/QUOTE]

After a quick looksie, it appears that NH Guns & Ammo is no longer. Unless he has re-organized or performing services through another shop.

Back
Top Bottom