Lets Settle This

FYI ... the CZ will do 1/2 - 1/4" all day.
I am waiting for someone to manufacture a chassis for it, that rifle has a lot of potential.

I found a CZ video on YouTube that makes it sound like the 600 Alpha can fit in the "600 range" stock.

But, of course CZ doesn't seem to sell the 600 range stock. I don't get it, release a new rifle, don't make the action compatible with any existing chassis and choose to not support it. WTF.

CZ is slowly going to sh*t on rifles. If the 600 is not successful they are probably done, maybe will remain in play with the 457 .22 market.

Screenshot ...

View attachment 759729
CZ is a best value pick for a reason, but for my taste a 600 series range is a bit too heavy to carry around all day, at 10lbs plus - at least 24oz - scope.
from other perspective, the budget friendly alternative to it will not be under 7lbs for the rifle anyway - to get into 5-6lbs range guns will cost quite more, and accuracy will drop.

an alpha at 6.6lbs was claimed as not as accurate as range, but, dunno.

i do not know - what is your rig total weight now? if you feel comfortable to carry it around as is - why to even bother further?

CZ is a best value pick for a reason, but for my taste a 600 series range is a bit too heavy to carry around all day, at 10lbs plus - at least 24oz - scope.
from other perspective, the budget friendly alternative to it will not be under 7lbs for the rifle anyway - to get into 5-6lbs range guns will cost quite more, and accuracy will drop.

an alpha at 6.6lbs was claimed as not as accurate as range, but, dunno.

i do not know - what is your rig total weight now? if you feel comfortable to carry it around as is - why to even bother further?
The 600 Alpha will shoot 1/2" to 1/4" all day -- 6.5cm.

I need to weight it, I don't know.

That I am not crazy about is I am right handed, but for some weird reason I feel more comfortable shooting rifles left handed. So I either want a separate left handed bolt action or maybe a lever.

6.5 Creedmoor
6 GT (for the memes)
30-06

Which one would you take Deer hunting?
Why?
Advantages and disadvantages?

Edit to add:
some people say "6.5cm is unethical for deer" - thoughts?
357 magnum. They’re deer not Boston Dynamics dogs.

I've used many calibers to hunt deer in Maine. I finally chose a Ruger 44 magnum carbine and stayed with it because it knocks them down. Not to mention the 44 carbines light weight. Of the 3 guys guys I hunt with in Maine, 2 of them switched to ruger 44 magnum carbines after seeing my results.

I've used many calibers to hunt deer in Maine. I finally chose a Ruger 44 magnum carbine and stayed with it because it knocks them down. Not to mention the 44 carbines light weight.
Have one. Love the rifle. Have yet to take a deer with it though still hunting Southern nh where you can only use lever and bolt actions in pistol caliber.

Have one. Love the rifle. Have yet to take a deer with it though still hunting Southern nh where you can only use lever and bolt actions in pistol caliber.
I load my own 44 magnum deer loads. I use 240 gr. Hornady XTP and 22 gr. Of H110. Bullets end up resting under the hide on the opposite side of the entrance wound. Can't ask for better than that. All of the bullet energy stays in the deer.
Ruger also made a lever action 44 magnum carbine. Might be just the ticket for you.

I've used many calibers to hunt deer in Maine. I finally chose a Ruger 44 magnum carbine and stayed with it because it knocks them down. Not to mention the 44 carbines light weight. Of the 3 guys guys I hunt with in Maine, 2 of them switched to ruger 44 magnum carbines after seeing my results.

C'mon, haven't you heard, unless you're using something with a laser trajectory you'll never be able to hit a deer, you're in the dark ages with that rifle. 😆

[popcorn]

6GT is not a hunting round.
Why not.

My next barrel chamber will most likely be a 6mm BRA for a lightweight hunting rifle. Ive got over a thousand pieces of brass that's been retired from duty that will be perfect for hunting loads.

If you recommend a 77gr 223 why wouldn't a GT works slinging a 80-115gr projectile?

May depend on the ranges involved. What are you thinking? Where I hunt .308 or 270 for me from the list. Took my last one with a 12g slug at 40yds. Now I’m working to develop a 357 mag deer load for my 1892 with 158gr XTP/FP. a 45-70 Barnes Vor-TX 300gr load for my Henry. And a 200gr-225gr 358win load for my Browning blr. Why limit yourself.

The question is overly vague. If the largest animal you're hunting is deer, any will be sufficient. But if you wanted a cartridge that was an all around North American cartridge for any game on the continent, 30-06 is the only answer of the cartridges you listed.
What would survive a 308 to the heartbox or head for that matter?

Except for the 6 GT (Where I have no experience), the rest are all capable deer cartridges.

I own a couple of each of the calibers listed ( except GT)and have killed multiple deer with all of them. Same for.243 and pistols and slug guns and bow.

Bullet selection and shot placement are more important than caliber choice.

An 87 grain Barnes TTSX in a 243 at adequate speed is impressive on deer. An 87 grain varmint bullet in 243 is not going to cut it.

Along the same lines, a 30-06 shooting a target bullet that doesn’t expand adequately will result in a long track or lost deer.

so pick whichever one you can shoot well, pick a good bullet and have fun.

6.5 creedmoor is gay.

270 win hands down.

The vapor trail off a 6.5 creedmoor round is essential oils.

The vapor trail off a 270 win round is pure testosterone.

READ IT AND WEEP 6.5 MANBUN CHIPOTLE EATING STARBUCKS DRINKING FAGORTS GO BUY YOUR BULLETS AT TRADER JOES

Back
Top Bottom