• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lets Settle This

Broc

NES Member
6.5 Creedmoor
6 GT (for the memes)
30-06

Which one would you take Deer hunting?
Why?
Advantages and disadvantages?

Edit to add:
some people say "6.5cm is unethical for deer" - thoughts?

Last edited:
Any of them would be fine for deer with the right bullet. I would go with 308 or 30-06, since I have those in hunting rifles.

308, it's easier to find hunting ammo for and in many more factory varieties.
Plus you can also use it in the new Scar you want.[cheers]

There is nothing to settle. They will all do the job.

This, anyone that thinks any of those cartridges has an advantage over the others for deer hunting is clueless. The Creedmoor is popular because of the lower recoil, men are no longer men anymore, they claim they like it is because of it's superior ballistics (why not get a 6.5 PRC then?).

Last edited:
6.5 Creedmoor
6 GT (for the memes)
30-06

Which one would you take Deer hunting?
Why?
Advantages and disadvantages?

Edit to add:
some people say "6.5cm is unethical for deer" - thoughts?
I want to meet the idiot who said 6.5 is unethical for deer. I’ve killed a lot of deer with 6mm CM ELDx and in western PA if the old timers aren’t using 30/30 they are using 243.

What? No 8mm Mauser?

Three of the last four deer I've taken were with an unmodified (non sporterized) K98 Mauser.

The other was with a .223 and I had to track the thing, and find it the following morning. Shot placement was good, just too much adrenaline and it ran for another 350 yards into my front fields which were shoulder high.

No more .223 for me, .30 cal or larger or a shotgun slug.

Back
Top Bottom