• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

let's see....

lets see how long it takes for the Springfield PD to notify me that my license is ready to pick up. I applied on 2/1, the app sat on a desk for weeks and weeks...Now after waiting for 2.5 months and getting no response from the PD I called the CHSB and they say they printed and mailed it last friday [smile] Based on experience I figure it will be at the PD tomorrow (if its not already sitting on some clerk's desk), I am taking bets on how long it'll take for them to inform me that my license is ready to pick up...

Wow, I am very suprised, everyone that I have talked to from Springfield has said that it is almost impossible to get a ALP class A in the city. Even one of the instructors at S&W told me (a few years ago) that "all the people in class who live in the city have no chance".

Has there been a recent change in the PD there?

I have friends who would like to get theirs but are affraid of applying b/c of all the stories they have heard.

Wow, I am very suprised, everyone that I have talked to from Springfield has said that it is almost impossible to get a ALP class A in the city. Even one of the instructors at S&W told me (a few years ago) that "all the people in class who live in the city have no chance".

Has there been a recent change in the PD there?

I have friends who would like to get theirs but are affraid of applying b/c of all the stories they have heard.

I was told the same thing by the intructor at S&W back in January...And most other people feel the same way. However, I have heard that things are getting slightly better.

In my case I do believe that my employment gave the current Lt. in charge of licensing a reason to believe that i had an increased need for "personal protection".

The Lt. seemed like a reasonable guy but who knows [hmmm]

Back
Top Bottom