Lets see your "oddball" collection!

Rockrivr1

NES Member
As you peruse through all the different posts you see pictures of firearms from manufactures that are common and are in great supply. S&W, Colt, Ruger, HK, CZ, Bushmaster, Springfield, Mosin Nagant, Rock River and the list goes on and on. Some very nice firearms in the list.

This thread though is to show off your oddball collection. A collection of firearms that are a little off the beaten path. Maybe a maker that isn't well known or a collection of rare guns not often seen or something that is so god awful ugly that its not see the light of day for some time.

So what do you have?

I'll start. For some reason I've had a fascination with guns made by Star. A firearms manufacturer from Spain that went out of business many years ago, but their semi autos live on. They are great pieces that are built solid, accurate and functionally sound. I love finding these guns at Gun Shows and the best part is that price wise they are inexpensive. Many are C&R, while some haven't quite reached that designation yet.

Stars_zps8brmidjt.jpg

Top is a Model B (9mm), Left Center is a Firestar M45 (45acp), Right Center is a model BM (9mm) and the bottom is a Firestar M43 (9mm). I have a fifth one on the way, which is a model Super B that also comes in 9mm. Best of all is that all 5 guns combined add up to less then $1,000.

Great shooters and can't wait to find more!

M43 was one of my first pistols, I have three of them. The weight for a gun that size is crazy, one of mine is beat to shit, was painted over by the previous owner but still shoots wonderfully.

No pix, but I've got a Savage single shot .22 "six-gun" with a tilt-out bbl. Painted black originally. Strange little piece.

No stars, but I have a LLama om i that I love. Best commander size 1911 I have shot
My other oddball is my enforcer. An M1 Carbine pistol. Always gets comments

Last edited:
I've also got a .22 short bull-bbl falling-block rifle from my wife's grandfather. Has to be over 100 years old. Fun to shoot. It was shot so much when he was a kid, I've never gotten it completely clean. LOL

And his .22 Ranger purple-framed pump gallery-gun. Another fun gun to shoot. Now that I look at it, I really must like .22's. (Certainly is cheap!)

I've got one of those C&R Double-stack Makarov's. I don't think I've ever shot it. Dummy that I am. LOL

Tanfoglio FAB92, imported by EAA. Just another CZ clone, but the model isn't too common.

mBbg5sH.jpg

Last edited:
Star PD in .45
Firestar in 9mm
A pair of Llama's .22 and .380
And a Savage 219 single shot in 30-30 that was rescued from the scrap pile.

Winchester 55 automatic single shot. Yes Virginia, things newspapers say sometimes are true.

Another rare one is my Springfield Armory Compact Comp 1911. Reliable as taxes and used to be my Winter carry gun.

A very few of my oddballs. I've got an embarrassing number of Webley revolvers, but I wouldn't call those oddballs. Webley autos, on the other hand...

That's a .32 ACP made in June 1906 and a 9mm Browning Long assembled the week of 21 February 1911. Their friend is a .455 Orbea made on an emergency basis in late 1914/early 1915 when the Brits were in desperate straits for pistols. That Orbea was a POS then and it's a POS now...

Then, for kicks and grins, here's an oddball Randall I got off a member here perhaps a year ago? I love it. It's a model A131 from 1985, most likely. I was living about nine miles away from where it was made then.

Thing's an absolute tack-driver with its 8-groove barrel. A nice, solid piece with a definite '80s vibe.

Enjoy!

My Detonics CombatMaster (Seattle Detonics, low serial number but not low enough to be welded frame and slide) is probably my biggest oddball. The first subcompact 1911, they were the origin of some interesting design ideas that became somewhat common (belled barrel, eliminating the bushing, etc.)

Browning BDM (keeping for a friend) 9mm

Has a screw you turn to switch from DA to SA

img_0089.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

Here is my Star family with a few LLAMA'S,one ASTRA,and a RUBY.

Attachments

• 14585431_10207560500512384_1245445004_n.jpg
    14585431_10207560500512384_1245445004_n.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 203
My oddball stuff is pretty mainstream, See camp 380, Les Baer TRS, 1076 Benelli 1014. Not common, but not scarce

Browning BDM (keeping for a friend) 9mm

Has a screw you turn to switch from DA to SA

img_0089.jpg_thumbnail0.jpg

I remember playing with one of those for about 30 minutes in a shop and almost bought it... Then I noticed the safety goes in the wrong direction and my OCD alarm went off and I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Interesting gun though, and pretty flat for a double stack 9mm.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom