Let's see your gun beards.

Not what I was expecting to see.
My cousin once got his beard stuck in the action of his 870 while we were out duck hunting. He yanked a good chunk of his face off with it.

Plutzing.gif

OK, I'll play the straight man here.
Both my IWB holsters were open at the muzzle. After a week of being trapped between my jeans and BVDs the gun would pick up lint like that. So, I dug through my box of leather scraps and found a piece of thin black leather from a discarded purse. I cut it to size and glued it over the holster's end with contact cement. Now after a week of carrying, my gun's muzzle still looks like it just got a Brazilian.

None of my firearms have this "beard" --I must have got gypped !

Is this only for those who have more money than time and have so many guns the dust builds up after years of not being used ?

Please advise.

Both my IWB holsters were open at the muzzle. After a week of being trapped between my jeans and BVDs the gun would pick up lint like that. So, I dug through my box of leather scraps and found a piece of thin black leather from a discarded purse. I cut it to size and glued it over the holster's end with contact cement. Now after a week of carrying, my gun's muzzle still looks like it just got a Brazilian.

Why did you discard the purse in the first place? It wasn't your color? :D

OP - I sure hope you clean out your belly button more often than you Glock. :eek:

View attachment 214340
I pulled this thing out today looking like Don King.

I get that we all have lint in our pockets.

Unavoidable.

But, frankly there should not be THAT much lint in and about your clothing / holsters.

You should leave a note for the laundry fairy. When things aren't up to par I just leave a note with my dirties in the hamper. Somebody collects them and washes them and puts them back in the drawers and closets. I'm not sure how the whole process works but it's generally very smooth. Loose change always seems to disappear, though. I guess that's a small price to pay. Mrs. Pipes must benefit from this laundry fairy as well, though she's never mentioned it.

Anyway, leave a note with it and the lint problem should disappear.

Bro, you gotta show your gun some love. When was the last time you took her out?

So you carry your gun in your purse. Got it.

Why did you discard the purse in the first place? It wasn't your color? :D
So you carry your gun in your purse. Got it.
Yeah, but it was a simple misunderstanding.
Years ago, researching MA gun laws before moving here, I saw EddyCoyle tell more than one person to "Hit it with your purse."(spider or bee or mouse in the house, etc.). Since even bean blowers are illegal here I assumed this was how MA people without an LTC defended themselves. You know, not legally a weapon, like how Hells Angels will carry a big metal flashlight or a padlock tied to the end of a bandana. But after a short while the corners of the brick wore holes in the purse. Besides, it seemed like I needed to defend myself more when I carried it than when I didn't.:confused:

Go commando.

I get that we all have lint in our pockets.

Unavoidable.

But, frankly there should not be THAT much lint in and about your clothing / holsters.

You should leave a note for the laundry fairy. When things aren't up to par I just leave a note with my dirties in the hamper. Somebody collects them and washes them and puts them back in the drawers and closets. I'm not sure how the whole process works but it's generally very smooth. Loose change always seems to disappear, though. I guess that's a small price to pay. Mrs. Pipes must benefit from this laundry fairy as well, though she's never mentioned it.

Anyway, leave a note with it and the lint problem should disappear.

Laundry fairy? Magic coffee table:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1_QTm-wpsY

Stop storing your pistol in the vacuum cleaner bag.
I hope you weren’t carrying it like that.

Back
Top Bottom