• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lets see your 2013 Bow setups

Wanted to see/hear what everyone will be heading into the woods with this year.

Bought a new bow myself this year, so I will update with pics when it arrives this coming week. Until the pics, here is the breakdown:

qbpk.jpg

Elite 2013 Hunter Bow
60# / 27"
Spot Hogg Hunter 5 Pin Sight (not pictured)
Octane 7" Stabilizer
Tight Spot quiver
QAD Ultrarest HDX
Winners Choice Bowstrings
Easton FlatLine D.O.A
Swhacker 125 Grain Broadheads

Last edited:
Still shooting my 2010 Bear Assault.
65# 28"
Extreme Raptor 4 pin sight
NAP Apache drop away rest
NAP 8" Apache stabilizer
Viscosity Bow Strings
Alpine Soft Loc quiver
Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 350's
Ground blind broad head, Magness Buzzcuts
Treestand broadheads to be determined...

AB9B5755-973C-40C4-A665-2B46F391A291-13593-000011DB526D6000.jpg

2001 Hoyt vortec
80# @ 29"
Copper John sight
Quicktune 200 rest
Easton X7 2512 arrows, 525 grains at 282 fps
Spitfire broadheads
Trueball loopmaster tornado release

Still shooting an '08 Mathews Drenalin. 60-70lb, gold tip 7595s and 125 grain NAP spitfires. She shoots great and has lots of blood on her :). In 2 weeks and 2 days I hope to add a little more!

a little 6pt from last year.

image.jpg

Last edited:
e9yguqyh.jpg

Needed to add a proper picture of my killing instrument.

People ask why shoot 80 lbs? This deer shot at 49 yards I pulled the shot a little and smashed the front shoulder, broke the offside leg and the arrow still exited hard enough to hit a rock behind the deer and break in a sparky clank.

Entrance wound.
ve8asuhy.jpg

Got a Parker Hornet off my uncle for $100. Sent it to VA to have the draw length shortened, new cables, strings, peep for $30. The guy called when it arrived to make sure I got what I needed. #60 @ 26in and I can shoot 3in groups at 40yds all day. No critters last year but I have a lot more time to play this year.

My first bow. Just picked it up today. Mission Venture. I'm of small stature, so I'm rocking a 26" pull at 50 lbs. May crank it up to 60 (max out the bow). Just trying to get in as much range time and be accurate with it more than anything. I'm new to the archery scene and the guys at Reedy's pointed me in this direction for my first bow. I find it pretty easy to shoot well and I can group pretty tight with it.

Photo-9_21_13,-9.05.59-PM-1.jpg

I picked up the same bow on clearance this year, too. This will be my first year hunting with a bow and I'm really happy with the performance of the Parker given the price. Best of luck this season!

View attachment 77193
I picked up a Parker Pioneer this year on clearance.
65# 29"
apex 3 pin sight
Drop away rest
VForce carbon with 100gr Nap broad heads.
oh yea it left handed too.

Last edited:
My first bow. Just picked it up today. Mission Venture. I'm of small stature, so I'm rocking a 26" pull at 50 lbs. May crank it up to 60 (max out the bow). Just trying to get in as much range time and be accurate with it more than anything. I'm new to the archery scene and the guys at Reedy's pointed me in this direction for my first bow. I find it pretty easy to shoot well and I can group pretty tight with it.

View attachment 79642

That must be Reedys go to color for D loops. The last two I had them do it was that color, and everyone I've seen shooting had that orange D loop too.

Back
Top Bottom