• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

S&W 686

P8030012.jpg

small update:

Ruger 10/22 @ 50 yards.
*Mueller APV @ 4x
*CCI Standard Velocity

Yes, these are my only groups of the day, as we shot clays, left over soda cans and bottles [laugh]

each group is 10 shots.

Nikon726.jpg

same target - vertical
Nikon725.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
100 yards using the .308 bolt gun I have pictures of in the forum..

Target on the left is 168 Gr FGMM 6 shots..Right side is 4 shots using 167 grain factory Lapua..

Scary thing is,I'm just a n00b with this rifle,someone like Jose or Derek could probably put 6 rounds in one hole,zero MOA..LOL

DSC00831.jpg

[shocked]

i have 168gr's for mine.. i've yet to shoot her yet though.

that thing you have is nice (deadly) and i like it [smile]

[bow]

although, i was shooting off the bi-pod, have yet to get a rest [wink]

I don't dare post the pictures of my 168's from a Bi-pod on any forum...haha. Definitely still learning.

come play hookie on the 26th @ 100 yards [smile]

the more HSC members the better. the place is dead during the week anyway.

Edit: Greg - look here! [laugh]

[shocked]

i have 168gr's for mine.. i've yet to shoot her yet though.

that thing you have is nice (deadly) and i like it [smile]

[bow]

although, i was shooting off the bi-pod, have yet to get a rest [wink]

You can use my Caldwell rests,it eliminates a lot of shooter error.

Just send me a PM or something letting me know when you will be at the range.

Danrk6, that is nice grouping. I also checked out the rifle on the other thread, very nice as well. I really like the stock. Similar to the Ruger Olympic Shooting Team rifle that they sold. Very sweet!

shot my .308 today for the first time. first 16 rounds were spot on! no adjustment needed on the scope. Scope was at 10x (24x MAX) - looks like I'll be keeping the scope [grin]

Using a 100 yard NRA Small Bore Rifle Target at 100 yards. Slightly Overcast, about a 3500ft ceiling, winds: calm, muggy, 70F

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

I like this freakin gun! I am surprised that it only took four shots to get used to the kick of the .308. The Hogue Stock has a nice recoil pad so it felt nice. [smile]

100 yards, same conditions as above with my favorite, just like son, there will be others, but this is my first [laugh]

Savage 10FP - .223, the gun I always love to talk about - almost as much as shooting it.

i didn't group as nicely today with my fav, but oh well. will work on that tomorrow (hopefully). i need to swap out my scope on this one, 20x is way too much magnification for 100 yards.

Picture021.jpg

The bottom right target looks like the Playboy bunny. Were you just showing off?[smile]

10 shot group at 100 yards with AR15 equipped with Compass Lake Engineering match grade 22LR upper. Target is NRA MR-63 600 yard prone target reduced to 100 yards.

pic009.jpg

25 shot perfect score (250-19X) on NRA 50 yard conventional smallbore prone target. Two shots off at 3 o'clock on the top target are sighters. Everything else is for score. Rifle is Anschutz 1411.

pic012.jpg

All shooting done from a sling supported prone position and with metallic (iron) sights. No scopes, no bipods, no benchrests. Just a shooting coar, a sling, and the bones.

This is the only one I have handy, this is the first 30 rounds down a new barrel I put into my home-made Centurion (Compact L slide on a standard 92 FS frame) with a heavy SS guiderod I cut down from standard length. Checkered Aluminum Hogues helped finish it off.

DSC04390.jpg

I don't take pictures of my targets much. I don't even save them. This was my first day with my first .44 Magnum however, and I was pretty pleased. This target was from 50 feet, two hand hold taking all the time I wanted, single action.

This target was before I shot up a lot more .44 Magnum, and developed a flinch. Now I'm back to .22s for awhile and 38s, until I get rid of the flinch. Then I'll build up to heavier loads in the .44 Magnum. I pushed too fast.
CIMG1837.jpg

Sighting in my .45-70 Sharps with iron sights at 100 yards. After initial dial in, 5 shots on right hand side. Then sight adjustment with 4 shots closer to the center and a damn flyer. That was my fault.

cva001-1.jpg

Sharps002.jpg

Last edited:
Got the Kel-tec SU-16A dialed in the other day.

10 shots @ 50yards, Armscor 55g 5.56, muggy, min. wind, Vortex Strikefire x1 dot, shouldered off sandbags

DSC01729.jpg

shot my .308 today for the first time. first 16 rounds were spot on! no adjustment needed on the scope. Scope was at 10x (24x MAX) - looks like I'll be keeping the scope [grin]

Using a 100 yard NRA Small Bore Rifle Target at 100 yards. Slightly Overcast, about a 3500ft ceiling, winds: calm, muggy, 70F

1. First four shots
DSCN0637.jpg

2. Second four shots
DSCN0636.jpg

3. Thirs and Fourth shots
DSCN0635.jpg

I like this freakin gun! I am surprised that it only took four shots to get used to the kick of the .308. The Hogue Stock has a nice recoil pad so it felt nice. [smile]

100 yards, same conditions as above with my favorite, just like son, there will be others, but this is my first [laugh]

Savage 10FP - .223, the gun I always love to talk about - almost as much as shooting it.

i didn't group as nicely today with my fav, but oh well. will work on that tomorrow (hopefully). i need to swap out my scope on this one, 20x is way too much magnification for 100 yards.

group 1
DSCN0639.jpg

group 2
DSCN0639.jpg

Chet, you have to drop a quarter on the targets when you take the pic so it shows off how nice and tight they are

First attempt at a group, also first time trying Federal Gold Medal Match ammo. this was my first group 5 shots at 50 yards with my CZ452

DSCN2952.jpg

Back
Top Bottom