Let's see those target pictures - post 'em here

This:
te5e2ugu.jpg

From this:
eta9atuv.jpg

At 50 feet/Primary Arms 1x red dot/standing

"As issued" Service Grade M1 Garand (SA 1/55)
100 Yards
Bench rest
Hand load approximation of M2 Ball: 48gr IMR4895, 150gr flat base projectile

First three shots of the day. I took the first shot, my friend/spotter said "bullseye! Do it again." I figured lucky shot, took the second shot. My friend said "bullseye! Do it again and I'm packing up and going home." So I pulled the trigger a third time. :)

Best three shots I've ever taken with my Garand.

Garand_Target_082013.jpg

If anyone tells you Surplus HXP 30-06 rounds from the CMP aren't accurate, show them this target. I was just plinking with my bubbatized 1903 Springfield. When I looked through the spotting scope, I was impressed at the grouping.
Not bad for 70yr+ old gun shooting almost 40yr old ammo.HXP_rounds.jpg

I was sighting in a scope my friend gave me, it's an old Tasco, but still works great.
I was using Xtreme bullets, 55gr FMJ, with 24gr of Varget. The high and low shots were me sighting it in.
I have found the Xtreme bullets to be just as good as Hornady's 55gr FMJ, but for less money.
The other target I was using the same bullet with 24.5gr of Varget.24gr Varget .223.jpg24.5gr Varget .223.jpg

My 10 year olds first time shooting. Got him a Savage Mark 2. Teaching him iron sights first. Once elevation was dialed, worked on his breathing. Three - 3 round groups on the bull from 25 yards at HSC.

redyjeqy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My 10 year olds first time shooting. Got him a Savage Mark 2. Teaching him iron sights first. Once elevation was dialed, worked on his breathing. Three - 3 round groups on the bull from 25 yards at HSC.

redyjeqy.jpg

Very nice!! Hope to have my 5 year old started with the "Red Ryder" BB gun this summer. She's been handling it some, practicing safety under close supervision and been doing great. I can't wait to put up a picture of a soda can riddled with holes [smile]

Very nice!! Hope to have my 5 year old started with the "Red Ryder" BB gun this summer. She's been handling it some, practicing safety under close supervision and been doing great. I can't wait to put up a picture of a soda can riddled with holes [smile]

pellet/bb guns are a great way to get kids going. Also the daisy target gun cmp offers is a great starter. single pump low velocity and plenty accurate.
My daughter just went to the range for the 2nd time with the cricket......i cant for the life of me get my phone pics to down load and no longer will send to my email.

ahh got my friend to help hes got a smaht fone

25 yards iron sights cricket rifle 6 year old daughter, still less than 100 rounds through this rifle....

Six test shots from my RRA NM rifle sitting position with sling and glove. If I actually zero'd my sights and centered this group it would be 4 10s and 2X. This is about as good as I can shoot iron sights sitting. group is 3" wide by 1 1/4 tall

Last edited:
M&P15 Sport wouldn't hold a zero from shot to shot and suspected it was the cheap scope rings. Put on a new set over the weekend and sighted the Nikon 9x @ 50yds. Much better so far.

Attachments

• AR-15_50yd_3-shot-group.jpg
    AR-15_50yd_3-shot-group.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 88

Get the can photos up as soon as she peppers it!!!

Same distance, 3" outer, 2" inner circle, 3 shots. This trigger is AWESOME!! Haven't even fine tuned the Diamondhead sights yet!!

dasy9eda.jpg

welp finally got my 1st rifle (had been shooting whatever was in the safe that belonged to the oldman or my brother). now this is just for blub level benchrest at 50&100 yards

ruger american rimfire in 17hmr with a center point 4-16x40 scope (tried just staying with the iron sights and my eyes cant do 100yd even 50 is a stretch)

1 target has 2 flyers.... they were all me jerking the trigger/not breathing right/not a good grip. didn't take any measurements, but for just tossing a cheap scope on it and a 150rounds in a new rifle... i'm callin it a win for now till i get more familiar with it.

WP_20140516_001.jpgWP_20140516_002.jpgWP_20140516_003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom