• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Let's play, what gun am i

Too cool. I love relics like that. Obviously the remnants of a SXS shotgun, but there is no real way to identify what make or model it was. It is a breech loading shotgun of some sort and it looks like its still loaded. (one of the pics shows the right hand chamber area rusted away completely with something filling the bore) Based on the configuration I can say for sure that at the minimum it was made in the late 1800s and the latest a gun like that would have been in large scale production would have been the 1930s. After ww2 most SXS shotguns produced were boxlocks (which your relic is not) and the SXS fell out of favor by the 70's-80's in favor of economical pumps and autoloaders.

My narrative of that gun goes something like this: It's the great depression. There is no money or food to be found, so a guy grabs his shotgun off the wall and goes out in an attempt to kill some food. He tries to cross the river (which is now a river bed) and gets knocked off his feet. His shotgun sinks to the bottom and he goes floating down stream never to see his shotgun again (if he even survived). Fast forward 80 years and here we are.

It'll buff out fine. I know a guy who does nice work.

Didn't the hunter in Jumaji wield something like that? Or was it a 100mm rifle with a gigantic sight?

When I was a kid, I once found an old corroded pellet rifle on the bottom of a pond while snorkeling.
Thought it was a cool curiosity till it unexpectedly went off and scared the crap out of me.
Lesson learned.

Some laws are intentionally made vague, ambiguous, and difficult to interpret. That way the .gov can interpret them any way they want in their favor and force you to prove otherwise.

LOL I wasn't picking on anyone specific but now that you mention it...

And I challenge anyone to disprove my howdah pistol theory. That's not a center rib sticking out in front of the barrels, it's a bayonet in case you miss the tiger with both shots. :D

LOL I wasn't picking on anyone specific but now that you mention it...

And I challenge anyone to disprove my howdah pistol theory. That's not a center rib sticking out in front of the barrels, it's a bayonet in case you miss the tiger with both shots. :D
No locks on the sides. It is not a Howdah pistol.

It looks like a Glock after a test fire.

Back
Top Bottom